What are your "red lines" foods and why?

Options

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    if i want something bad enough, I have it. :] this isnt a 'diet' this is my life
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sweets, definitely. Cookies, brownies, and the like, oy. But I don't have ANY forbidden foods. I stay away from things that trigger my reflux, but otherwise, everything is permissible, as long as I eat a small portion, and log every single thing I eat. I find I'm less likely to binge and gorge myself on things if they're not forbidden from me.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    THIS!!! One serving of chips and salsa turn into the entire jar and most of the bag.....sigh.

Thankfully a jar of salsa is often less than 50 calories, I hear you about the chips though... damnnn
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm not a sweets person, so many of the traditional "trigger" foods don't set me off. However, if there are chips or pretzels in the house, I really do have to be vigilant. Otherwise, I'd eat several helpings of them before even realizing what I've done.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Nothing really derails me, one good cheat meal usually is all i can handle....buuuuut.....

Boneless buffalo wings. i am a fool for buffalo wings. or really, buffalo sauce...ill drink it. the hotter yhe better. the good news, i can get daaaays worth of protein. the bad.news? weeks of salt-im thirsty for days.
  • nursermr38
    Options
    Salty snacks. Mostly chips. They weigh hardly anything...how can they cause so much damage???? And pizza...stuffed crust!!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Salty snacks. Mostly chips. They weigh hardly anything...how can they cause so much damage???? And pizza...stuffed crust!!

i only eat the crust of stuffed crust pizza :d yum
  • maritza140
    Options
    sweets and pizza...
    I've given up both unless it's a REALLY SPECIAL ocassion and only for the REALLY GOOD stuff. What I mean is I'll treat myself every once in a long while, but I won't do it for just anything. I love pizza (it's my favorite junk food ever!) but I won't eat it unless it is from this one specific place in the city which in my opinion is the best I've ever had. The place is not near my home or work and they don't deliver, so it has to be a very specific trip, so it hardly ever happens, but when it does I enjoy my two slices without guilt.

As far as sweets goes I follow the same rule. I don't believe in total deprivation of any one thing - life is too short and food is too good. But if I have been doing well the whole month, a treat once in a blue moon won't kill me.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    taco.......... freakin......... bell...... ugh
  • stephiegirl1215
    Options
    Chips and salsa, and nachos. Used to be potato chips or doritos too but I don't crave those like I use to so I can have them in the house without eating more than a small portion. I love salsa so I tend to go overboard with tortilla chips. I like salty things, probably because I had low blood pressure as a teen and my mom would encourage a little bit of salt to keep me from feeling faint. I never really had a sweet tooth, though I do like chocolate and ice cream but I can have a small amount and be satisfied. I've been watching what I eat long enough that I've gotten pretty good at all things in moderation, so that things I enjoy won't derail me. I even treat myself to some nachos once every few months :)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Chips! Cuz it's so hard to eat just one. lol. Especially when dip is involved. YUM!!
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was staying at a cabin recently with friends and we had old fashioned bbq potato chips. I swear it was like they were handing me crack in a bag. I have to stay away from that stuff.
  • richellekramer
    Options
    Pasta - noodles- ugh! Need to avoid as I can't control myself. Love the "gushy" texture.......
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    chips, french fries & candy like swedish fish!
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sweets
    Nuts and Legume, I want to eat the whole can.
    Noodle and Pasta
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips. With anything, but especially guacamole. I could eat the darn things all day. Any kind of chips are bad, but those are the worst.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Almost all kinds of baked desserts as long as it's not overwhelmingly sweet. I don't have a sweet tooth. But if it's semi-sweet, I could eat like two whole batches of brownies! It's the texture of freshly baked goods that I love, not the sweetness. Crusty on the outside, moist on the inside...

I love french fries, but I have taught myself to exercise portion control on them. No more of 2x large fries in a single meal, or in a single day for that matter. A medium order will suffice.
    I've given up both unless it's a REALLY SPECIAL ocassion and only for the REALLY GOOD stuff. What I mean is I'll treat myself every once in a long while, but I won't do it for just anything.
    That's kind of my approach. I haven't officially given up anything, but it had BETTER be really mind-blowingly good, or it ain't worth the calories. I honestly think I eat more delicious stuff now, than I used to. Before, I'd settle for anything. Now I'm way pickier.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Mac & cheese. I eat it knowing full well I'll be up 1-2 pounds of sodium bloat the next morning, but I don't care. I love it. Since it does bloat me, though (and is total junk food), I make sure to only have it once or twice per month instead of almost every day like I used to.

I don't avoid anything. I just make sure to eat it as an occasional treat and keep in mind I'm going to be up a pound or two the next day. After doing this for several months and weighing in every morning, it's easy to identify patterns and avoid the "zomg I gained five pounds from one candy bar MY DIET IS OVER" freakout so many noobs go through.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I was staying at a cabin recently with friends and we had old fashioned bbq potato chips. I swear it was like they were handing me crack in a bag. I have to stay away from that stuff.

Crack in a bag! BAHAHA! :laugh: I know exactly what you mean!
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Cheddar Cheese popcorn, Cheetos, chips and onion dip--all of these I can eat an entire bag/container without even blinking.