Some people...

Options
I have to vent on this because it really bothers me. WHY do people have to be so rude for no reason. I work at a bank and a person just came through the drive through and sent in a 100 dollar bill. I asked did you just want change for this ma'am? And she replied yes. So then I had to ask her for her name or account number. She didn't reply, so I asked her again. And she yelled at me why do you need my name? I said its manditory that we put it in the system so in case there are any problems and you were to come back we can go back in the system and see exactly what happened. She then yelled at me this is so stupid, just give me the $100 back if you can't do my transaction. I said ma'am I would be more than happy to do this for you I just have to put in your name. She then screamed her name at me and yelled God this is so stupid! I left the speaker on to hear what she was saying still and she just sat out there venting how stupid she thought this was to have to go through. I then sent her back her change and told her thank you have a great day. She gave me the look, shook her head, and drove off with her change.

Really? I still don't get the issue here... Why couldn't you simply tell me your name and go on with your life. It's these kind of people who you always get that make you HATE working in customer service. That and the customers who you get all day that look at you like your a complete moron for saying good morning to them, or have a good day or night. I could just strangle people sometimes...:grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad:

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This is why I cannot do customer service jobs anymore.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    That's why I refuse to do customer service too, or retail. It's unfathomable the way people treat others.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Some people can't handle that they can't have everything their way. And that post people have to do things for certain reasons, like what you said about why you needed a name and account number. Balking at the system isn't going to help. And being rude to other people who are just doing their jobs is never warrented. :flowerforyou:
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    PMS?
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    i worked in banking long enough... i feel you. My favorite was when they yelled at me when their accounts were negative LOL!
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    i worked in banking long enough... i feel you. My favorite was when they yelled at me when their accounts were negative LOL!

^^^YES!!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That right there is why I HAVE to get a government services (civilian working for military) job when I retire from the military. I would be smiling from ear to ear as I verbally destroyed her will to live. (normal every day behavior on a submarine)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This is why I give thanks every day for the following 3 things:

1. that I don't have to deal with people in person, just over the phone
    2. the fact that we do not have video phones
    3. the mute button on my phone
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    It is very frustrating to deal with people on a day-to-day basis. I have to do it in both the jobs I have and believe me, I have to bite my tongue at least a dozen times during a regular work day.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Why do you need a name to give change for legal tender?
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Some people are just never happy...ever and have to make others miserable while they're at it........bleh.....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

In case it's a fake 100
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    People are cray-cray!
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    maybe she is a fugitive...haha. Good on you for staying calm and relaxed and dealing civilized with her. I would have probably told her to........well, I just won't go there right now...haha. That's why I don't do customer service either. I came very close to losing it on people back in the day. Really hope your day gets much better though, keep smiling :)
  • MonicaLee92
    Options

Because if they come back and say that I shorted them money if we didn't record their name or the transaction there would be no way to go back and see if we shorted them or not.
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am a teller supervisor and the tag line i give my tellers to say when questioned why is "I have to be able to account for everything that goes in and out of my drawer, thank you for your understanding" with a huge smile.

And sorry for venting on your thread but it KILLS me when I greet people "Welcome to ____, how are you today?" and they just stare at me... I normally mute the microphone and say to the closest person "so great I'm speechless"
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Maybe in her "profession" she doesn't like to give her real name.
    She earned that $100!
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well I have a picture I wanted to post but no idea how so here is the saying ...
    ... Who ever said "the customer is always right" clearly never worked with the public a day in their life.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

In case it's a fake 100

You don't have the little pen to write on it and check? Seriously you are a bank. If you can't tell that, we're in trouble.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am a teller supervisor and the tag line i give my tellers to say when questioned why is "I have to be able to account for everything that goes in and out of my drawer, thank you for your understanding" with a huge smile.

And sorry for venting on your thread but it KILLS me when I greet people "Welcome to ____, how are you today?" and they just stare at me... I normally mute the microphone and say to the closest person "so great I'm speechless"

When asked how I am today I love to respond with something like "If I was any better I'd be on a beach, reading a book, enjoying an ice cold drink.... and then ask them how they are"