"Did you know that running is bad for your boobs?"

Options

Replies

• LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Someone has been watching too much Baywatch.

please, all the boobs on that show were plastic.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    giood thing im flat as a board lol
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    good thing I don't have boobs
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    lol was gonna high 5 you but youre male!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    finally a good excuse to use when I say I dont run LOL.. Id do ANYTHING, except running, HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT! :noway:
  • jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What nonsense!! Running is an excellent workout for your whole body...wear a good supportive bra and you'll be fine. News flash...gravity/life/babies are going to work on the ladies anyways....why be out of shape AND have saggy boobs? Lol.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Lululemon has Tata Tamers which are great..best ones I ever found

Aren't they amazing! I tried all the high impact sports bras. After finding TaTa tamers I was so thrilled! Plus they r cute! and no uniboob :)

YES! THIS
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    To piggyback on this topic... Does anyone have any suggestions for good, supportive sports bras for larger busted women?

I started one yesterday. Got some great responses!
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and a runner, and my boobs could be stunt boobs for a teenager.

Love this one!! If you're busty, then it's the loosing weight that makes them saggy. One of my girlfriends lost 120lbs, didn't run a step - and calls hers "oranges in socks". Gravity will also always have it's way.

I run on a regular basis, and have nice perky girls - - and the Mamograms to prove it LOL

Lots of great manufacturer suggestions tho through this thread. My personal fav is the LuluLemon TaTa Tamer, although I've heard good things about a couple of the other manufacturers like Freya and Under Armour.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    To piggyback on this topic... Does anyone have any suggestions for good, supportive sports bras for larger busted women?

Try the following that was posted on Pinterest (my sis is close to a G cup and this is the one she uses)

http://pinterest.com/pin/6051780720702458/?fb_action_ids=527174980630543&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%22527174980630543%22%3A273123502809314%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22527174980630543%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
  • positivepineapple
    positivepineapple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been running for 6 years 3- 6 days a weeks and I don't have a problem. I am a D and I just wear 2 sometimes 3 sports bras.... And they are good ones, I invest in my sports bras because I use them a lot.

so yeah just make sure your supported and you'll be good to go
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

I actually posted this question yesterday. Post is under "question for larger ladies". Some really good suggestions :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Running naked is bad for your boobs. If they aren't jiggling around (wear a supportive running bra) there is no way running is going to damage them. I've been running for decades with no ill effects. :flowerforyou:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I think that each person is different.
    What goes for some doesn't go for all.
    But that is probably one of the strangest things I have ever heard.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    lol was gonna high 5 you but youre male!

hey come on I'm here for support :laugh:
  • karmaology
    Options
    finally a good excuse to use when I say I dont run LOL.. Id do ANYTHING, except running, HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT! :noway:

I'm with you. Running is just not my thing, man. Now walking, I enjoy very much. I can actually walk a mile faster than I run it, believe it or not.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    But for now it feels like I cannot compromise overall fitness and health over a physical flaw that isn't really a flaw but a reality for a woman's body.

Well said!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    They're going to begin to sag as you age anyway. So what?
  • muscravageur
    Options
    Babies - having them balloon to twice their size while pregnant and nursing, then nursing for a year *times two kids* - THAT wase bad for my boobs. :noway:

Fat loss - losing a lot of body fat... THAT was bad for my boobs. :grumble:

Running? Those puppies are crammed into my sports bra so tight that there is NO WAY it will have any noticeable effect... tho I do look like I end up with cleavage... :tongue:

Yeah, RUNNING is NOT bad for my boobs.
    Or at least, not what I have LEFT!!!

I can partly identify with this statement because what has affected the condition of the skin and firmness was the weight loss that took place over the years while not exercising, as opposed to the current physical activity. I was a 38D and now I'm down to a 38B. It can happen for a number of things, one's genetics determine a lot what resilience you will have in general.

I think I'm going to get sports bras and sports tops to reduce bounce and also to shield a little from the sun (I live in the tropics). I was also looking into sunscreen options for face and body.

But anyway, isn't it particular that women have this pressing concern whereas you won't find a MFP forum post about guys recommending each other special underwear designed to provide support for their stuff? Not that I've searched to find out but...There is only so much you can do but to quit running or other physical activity where the mammary glands will naturally move seems a little ridiculous and inept. Especially when it could actually be kinda good for your body. But yeah, the Western ideal of beauty and femininity is for the woman to be quite static of the body and mind. Dynamics in women are not usually romanticized. So you have other women implying to you that moving is (still) bad, period. That is still the mentality.
  • muscravageur
    Options
    Thanks for the empathic, kind comments, :smile: