Scrambled Cheese Eggs in Canada??

Options

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm in Scotland, never thought to add cheese to my scrambled eggs, might try, though I normally just add smoked salmon, yum!

I was introduced to cheesy eggs in Scotland. I don't think it's a country thing, just that some people have never had it. Like cheese and grapes.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    No, the real question I have for you, Canada, is where's the crab Rangoon? Seriously! I told my honey to order some when he was getting chinese takeout and he looked at me like I have two heads. But what was even more unnerving was that the woman on the phone at the restaurant responded the same damn way!!!

Crab Rangoon, people??? Although, after that poutine comment, I'm thinking road trip is in order. :)

You have no bloody Ceasar in the US!!! Bartender look at you like you're dim when you order one! And fake smarties too ( My American husband would get me to send him some by mail)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian I get cheese in my scrambled eggs all the time, and I make them that way at home. I feel like you had a dim waitress to be honest. I just asked a friend of mine if it was just me or if she did it too and she said "um I think thats the only way to eat scrambled eggs isn't it?"
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am in Virginia and we own a restaurant. We serve scrambled eggs and will gladly add cheese, anything else is either an omelet or fried. (At home I put cheese and cream in the scrambled eggs)
    As far as fries with gravy and cheese, I've done that at the deli too. Very yummy, isn't it called Poutin? Or am I way off?
  • walkwithme1
    Options
    Oh an we also serve fries with vinegar and salt. :)
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    One of the finest foods you can eat--cheese eggs with veggies---I try to do all organic---most important the cheese and eggs should be organic, if you can. You can just feel it strengthening your body. I saute onion and green pepper in a little oil or butter, add baby spinach and let that cook down a bit, Then I add my eggs and scramble it up. When the eggs are almost done, I add my little cubes of cheese, which melt into little blobs of cheesy surprise when you bite into them. Mmmm.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i have never even heard of putting cheese on eggs, it sounds a bit yucky to me sorry! (from England UK)
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    I make "cheesy eggs" for my 2 year old, and she loves it. I was making it for her a few weeks ago while a friend was over, and he said "are you making a cheese omelet?" and I said, no, just scrambled eggs with cheese. He said "same thing" lol. We are in Canada. I have never made an omelet.

Eggs are great food for little ones--the finest, most easily absorbed protein they can get (especially since most of them don't care for meat). The cholesterol is great for developing brains and nervous system too---they need all the cholesterol they can get. Low fat diets are particularly bad for children. Eating fat and cholesterol will NOT make them fat or clog their arteries. Simple carbohydrates---particularly sugar--is what makes kids fat AND clogs their and their elders arteries.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I live in England and I could never imagine eating cheese with eggs, unless it is in the form of an omelette. Cheese on scrambled eggs would be gross! Ugh!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Actually I asked for scrambled eggs with cheese and she just looked like I was speaking another language. I'm convinced she was not too bright. YoTo be honest, omelets are too hard, I rarely make them without it breaking up and I'm okay with one or two eggs, so I have a hard time finishing an omelet, especially restaurant size
    Jeez...calling somebody dumb because they don't know what you want when ordering something that's not on the menu and which (believe it or not, seeing as there is a whole big world outside the USA!) she might never have had??? And then omelets are too hard....:ohwell:
    Don't assume that your reality is the same as someone else's reality.....THAT is not too bright...She can probably tell you about a few ways she likes her food that you have never heard about......
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian.. Never seen it either. There's a lot of things on menus in the US that don't exist here. ( Normally very bad for you things...) I was flabbergasted the first time we ordered pizza in the US and it came with MELTED BUTTER for the crust!!

I was going to say this as well but didn't want to be blunt. :flowerforyou:
    But thank you for taking the word right out of my mouth.
    Crazy the stuff you can order in the states. :sick:
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian.. Never seen it either. There's a lot of things on menus in the US that don't exist here. ( Normally very bad for you things...) I was flabbergasted the first time we ordered pizza in the US and it came with MELTED BUTTER for the crust!!

EWWWWW what the eff!!!!
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options

EWWWWW what the eff!!!!
    crust made of butter crazy crust brushed with melted butter and parmesan cheese is a must.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

EWWWWW what the eff!!!!
    crust made of butter crazy crust brushed with melted butter and parmesan cheese is a must.

Yes before they are baked to golden them. NOT a pot of butter to dip the crust in.

Pizza crust is not crab :noway:
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    I see that the Brits among us are grossed out by by cheese eggs. But then, they eat fish for breakfast, so...:tongue::sick:
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    is there really a huge difference...or any difference between a cheese omlette and scrambled eggs with cheese anyway? :huh:
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    Don't worry. Canadians *kitten* everything up. They are responsible for Justin Bieber and Nickelback. They even get all smug over ham. They call it "Canadian Bacon".
  • walkwithme1
    Options
    Does anyone else eat sausage gravy on their hashbrowns, tomatoes or eggs? Or is that just a southern US thing?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. Canadians *kitten* everything up. They are responsible for Justin Bieber and Nickelback. They even get all smug over ham. They call it "Canadian Bacon".

Ham is not Canadian bacon. Ham is ham. Canadian bacon is back bacon.

I never want to have this discussion with you again.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options

Ham is not Canadian bacon. Ham is ham. Canadian bacon is back bacon.

I never want to have this discussion with you again.

See what I mean? SMUG. :angry: