Scrambled Cheese Eggs in Canada??

Options

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    is there really a huge difference...or any difference between a cheese omlette and scrambled eggs with cheese anyway? :huh:

I personally do not care for cheese omelet. It's dry, egg-favored styrofoam if you ask me---and then they slather it with runny "cheese food product"---yuck. Scrambled eggs, on the other hand, are moist and succulent, and when you complete them with little melted cheese blobs---sheer heaven.
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think your waitress is just dumb. Im from Alberta, if you go to dennys (like someone else said) they will make it for you like that.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I think your waitress just got confused. I had it happen to me once in IHOP, I asked for a scrambled egg with cheese and when the order came out it was scrambled eggs with a big slice of cold american cheese just laying on top, we got a good laugh out of it :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian and have never heard of Scrambled Cheese Eggs. I've heard of putting cheese on top of scrambled eggs and I've heard of a cheese omelet, but never with the cheese scrambled in to the eggs.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Oh an we also serve fries with vinegar and salt. :)

malt vinegar?
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Yes or apple cider vinegar depends on the bite you want in it....I like the apple cider personally.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say - the US isn't the only one that needs to answer for the crazy nonsense one can order in the local restaurants...

This is from the Middle East somewhere... just sayin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWDwZWCfp64
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say - the US isn't the only one that needs to answer for the crazy nonsense one can order in the local restaurants...

WANT!

p.s. the U.S. calls the "Caesar" drink Bloody Mary. And its not the same as poutine but chili cheese fries do have cheese on them, I've had them with all types of cheeses :)
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Ugh OMGGGG! I love food more than most, and this makes my stomach turn. If you want a burger that bad, get one without a pizza attached!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

WANT!

p.s. the U.S. calls the "Caesar" drink Bloody Mary. And its not the same as poutine but chili cheese fries do have cheese on them, I've had them with all types of cheeses :)

No we don't. The Caesar and Bloody Mary aren't the same. Bloody Mary is tomato juice and Caesar is clamato juice. But my question is why would anyone want to drink clamato juice. Typing it makes me want to gag. My husband's best friends gets it all the time. But my husband agrees with me, the thought it sounds vomit worthy

As for all you gravy fry lovers out there. You can get your fix it most NYC/NJ diners, its not called poutine but disco fries and very popular with the late night after the club crowd. The biggest difference is they use regular cheese and not cheese curds. I think cheese curds is a scary concept to a lot of Americans. That's why I can't eat poutine because I don't like cheese curds.
  • TyFit08
    Options
    I'm Canadian and have never heard of Scrambled Cheese Eggs. I've heard of putting cheese on top of scrambled eggs and I've heard of a cheese omelet, but never with the cheese scrambled in to the eggs.

If I make it at home I scrambled the cheese with the egg. At restaurants in the U.S this varies, some do it this way. Diners generally don't because they say it messes up their grill. Personally I don't care if its on the top or inside, I need cheese with my eggs. So when i ordered it today I wasn't expecting to get a cheese omelet.
  • TyFit08
    Options
    I'm Canadian.. Never seen it either. There's a lot of things on menus in the US that don't exist here. ( Normally very bad for you things...) I was flabbergasted the first time we ordered pizza in the US and it came with MELTED BUTTER for the crust!!

You must have gone to Papa Johns. Its a chain pizza shop not real pizza. I just saw a commercial for Pizza Hut that had a hot dog stuffed pizza. That's just disgusting and its disappointing that this is the representation of the U.S.

. I'm from NYC, you want pizza go any local pizzeria in NYC and you will not be disappointed. Oh and there will be no butter for your pizza crust. But you will find local fair such as garlic knots, calzones, chicken rolls, spinach rolls and if you are feeling adventurous a slice of baked ziti pizza
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The real question here is.. Why doesn't the US put cheese on their fries and gravy..

true that! :happy:

anyway, maybe it's on the menu at denny's because it's an american chain? i've never seen scrambled eggs with cheese on a menu, but i make it at home from time to time.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. Canadians *kitten* everything up. They are responsible for Justin Bieber and Nickelback. They even get all smug over ham. They call it "Canadian Bacon".

Nope..... YOU call it Canadian Bacon... It's nasty and it's called Peameal bacon and it's not available anywhere.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

WANT!

A bloody Mary is not a bloody Caesar. Two different drinks. One is make with tomato juice and one with Clamato!
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    ok so for your order that's one scrambled omelet then ? (lol)
  • michellekicks
    Options

WANT!

A bloody Mary is not a bloody Caesar. Two different drinks. One is make with tomato juice and one with Clamato!

^^THIS.

Tomato juice *shudder*
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

WANT!

Whoops! Thought it was the same.

Pretty similar alternative though :)
  • michellekicks
    Options
    Want weird ethnic food?

Odori-Don.gif

Edit: ika odori don
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options

WANT!

A bloody Mary is made with tomato juice. A caesar is made with clamato...a whole different taste. Oops! I see someone else has just said that. I wish I could delete but they will only let me edit.