5'8 women between 170-250 pounds

Options
Hey.This is my first forum. My name is Mechele. I have been here since July of this year ! So somewhat new! Lost weight and gained it back. I was 275 before I joined. I am now 245 while a member.My goal is 170pounds. 155 is my limit. I am tall- lol. And I have been stuck at my current weight for a long time. What weight was your plateau? What did you do to keep losing? What are your weight goals? Your progress? My calorie limit is 1600. Should it be more or less? Feedback is wanted. Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    I am actually 5'7, my starting weight in January 2012 was 285, my starting weight with MFP in July 2012 was 255, my current weight is 239, I'd like to get down to 180, then reevaluate. Although I thin 160 is too Small for me that is the recommended weight for my height.. Although since i hit 245, I have been struggling to lose weight. I just started losing again by eating a stricter diet and working out at the gym more often. I felt like i just needed to shake it up a little i was getting into too much of a routine.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" too. Started at 282 and am 244 now. I think 1600 is an alright cal goal. Mine is 1900 but i don't always eat that much and don't eat back exercise cal since I'M a light exerciser. My goal is 140.
  • mshoneysmile7
    mshoneysmile7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5 and at my highest weighed 304. My lowest since starting using MFP was 292(when i was consistent with exercise and diet for 2 weeks)... 8 lbs in 2 weeks is pretty impressive if you ask me... I too have been messing up my own progress by eating healthy some days and eating like Porky the Pig the next... I am using everyone and everything that I can on MFP to remain focused and make better food and life choices.. I am now down to 300, CLEARLY I have a long way to go because my goal weight is 180. The only thing that I can recommend is keep in mind what you will look like at goal weight... ( I picture myself in my wedding dress of JIGGLE FREE on the beach)... It's been working for me for the past few days... Good Luck in your journey! :happy:
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'7 1/2. I currently weigh 165. The highest I ever weighed was 256 and a size 24. I now mostly wear 10's, some 8's. The lowest I weighed was 2 years I was 145. I loved that weight. I'd like to lose the 20 pounds but It's ok if I don't. The picture of me in the profile is at my current weight of 165 taken in August. I think I carry it well with my height.
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comment. Congratulations on the weight loss. The 240s have been pain. Lol. When I get out of them I am not looking back.
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5"8 and I started out at 275, now I'm 266. I've gotten down to 220 in the past and I was stuck there. I change up my workout and I still couln't get over the hump. I eventually started to do no carbs, that was the only way to get down to 200. Oh well!! I'm back at it again and working out at least 4 days a week. MFP will help me get back there...:)
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. Thanks for sharing.
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    Options
    Thank you so much. Good luck in your journey as well. Yeah I have been eating better. Haven't went to a fast food place in over a week. Going to keep that up. Trying to stick as close to my calories as possible and exercise. I been feeling sluggish lately still. Idk what's going on with that.
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    Options
    Wow. You look great. You around my goal weight. Add me please. How long did it take? Did you do strength training as well?
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    Options
    We started off weighing the same. That's cool. Yeah I lost my 30 pounds before this website. I am trying to lose at least 80 more and keep it off. I never want to reach the 200s again. Good luck to you too. We got this.
  • mrsoski
    mrsoski Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies -- I'm 5'9" and straddling the line between onederland and the terrible twos. Just am taking it one day at a time.
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    We'll am not 5'8 but half inch shorter..... :)

started out at 171, and almost been a22 days lost 2 lbs....I have had a day a week I do awful.....But like everyone says you don't gain weight overnight so don't expect to lose it over night....So hopefulloy this works..

Dream weight 135-140lbs
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi,

So great to see several women that my height (5' 8") and at where my starting weight was. My start weight was 277. I'm so happy to see many of you with a goal weight of 170 to 180. When I started MFP my goal weight was 150 and while I'd love to see 150 my body is stuck at 164....seriously stuck here for the past 10 1/2 months. I've been thinking of settling in at 165 to 170 and being happy with it.

Anyone is welcome to send me a friend request if you'd like to buddy up on this journey.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi,

5'8" here also. Started @ 217, presently @ 183lbs. Been on since March and it's been good. Things are slowing down a bit in the weight loss but I'm still losing (slowly) and that's ok. I'm not in a rush.

I eat 1200-1400 per day and (might) eat back a few exercise calories but not all. Depends on the day. I'm also not SO strict on the weekends, depending what's going on. I do remember that whatever I eat has to be worked off. That usually stops me from going crazy!

My aim is to go to the gym 3-4 times per week. I was good at first but then was working 7 days/week so the gym got down to 1-2 times/week. Am now back to a regular 5 day work schedule so trying to amp up the gym time.

My goal weight is 170 lbs ... but I'll adjust as needed once I get there :)

Best wishes with your weight goals! :smile:
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! i'm enthusiastic and looking for more support!

I just did the conversions (thank you internet!! I'm an Aussie). I'm about 5'6" and my starting weight was 187 lbs. It's now 182 lbs. I've only been on here just over a week. My goal is to reach 165 lbs. If i get there i will reassess and maybe go further. Help!!

I lost 2 kilos quite quickly, but i am really addressing my eating quite seriously and not finding it difficult. Just cut back on snacks, and the diary helped me realise how many carbs i was consuming, so trying to find more balance.

I don't exercise much. I plan to increase it if i stick with it. I mean AS i stick with it. But i know it makes me really hungry and I have blown things before, so just sticking with things like walking, and a little yoga and swimming.

My biggest problem is probably drinking. I do love a beer, i live in a very hot humid climate and it's kind of the norm to kick back with a beer or 3 of an evening and on the weekend. I need to exercise more i think, to get more calories i can use for this activity. hmmm, conundrum. I have cut back drinking but not sure how weekends are going to go.

Good luck everyone!!
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    Options
    Thank you everyone who has commented on this forum.. :) I wish you all the best.. Feel free to add me.. My computer was messing up..It's fixed now!! Request me ladies!
  • JPZ98
    JPZ98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 6' tall, but I like to say I am 5' 12". I started this journey 5 years ago at 280 lbs. I lost 54 lbs in one year and kept it off for a whole year. Then I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 2 1/2 years old. It has taken me a couple of years to get going again but I started my MFP journey at 258 lbs and as of this morning I am at 206 lbs. I have not hit a plateau yet. I have managed to lose at least a pound a week. I just try to keep my eating healthy with a few treats thrown in there and I try to keep my work out routing mixed up so I dont get into a pattern. I do some type of work out at least five days a week for at least 30 minutes. Weekends depend on how much baseball and soccer my boys are playing as to what work outs I can fit in. My initial goal is to get to 180 lbs and I will re-evaluate after that. I am looking for friends for motiviation because I know these last pounds are going to be the hardest to get to my goal. I will do my best to provide motivation in return!
  • JazRos10
    Options
    I am brand spankin new here and today was my first day re-starting working out. I am 5'9" and currently my weight is between 206-208 depending on the day. I have an 8 mo old and 10 yo and this time it has been much harder for me to get going. He was born with some problems so I have been in and out of the hospital with him and have many appt so that is why i really havent been able to fully commit to a workout schedule or routine, but i feel like i am ready to commit and make the time so i can be here for my kids later in life. I have a question..how do you make those cool weight tracker things i see on the bottom of posts?
    feel free to add me...i need some friends and motivation to keep me going!!!!
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    I have a question..how do you make those cool weight tracker things i see on the bottom of posts?

On the top of your screen if you click on apps then click on ticker, you can make of of your own :-)
  • molliepw
    molliepw Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" also and currently 221. I'm wanting to get into the 170's or 160's but definitely CAN'T WAIT to get out of the 200's. I want to be super active on MFP for the community and support, so if you want to give and get support, add me as a friend!