Options
    HELLO :)
    I AM 5'7 AND STARTED AT 430 POUNDS
    I'VE BEEN STUCK BETWEEN 195-200 FOR A WHILE NOW
    ULTIMATE GOAL OF 185-180
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    im only 5'7, so kind of close! if you go to my profile page there is a link to my progress as of june. i didnt start tracking my diet on MFP untill april, and ive only lost 12lbs since then, lol. but all the rest of it came off during the course of one year strictly due to exercise and no diet changes whatsoever. my ticker says 6lbs to go, but im happy where i am now, at 142-145lbs, my weigh fluctuates in and around there now. im in it more for the fitness aspect now :D
  • Candysland2013
    Options
    Hey.This is my first forum. My name is Mechele. I have been here since July of this year ! So somewhat new! Lost weight and gained it back. I was 275 before I joined. I am now 245 while a member.My goal is 170pounds. 155 is my limit. I am tall- lol. And I have been stuck at my current weight for a long time. What weight was your plateau? What did you do to keep losing? What are your weight goals? Your progress? My calorie limit is 1600. Should it be more or less? Feedback is wanted. Thanks in advance. :)

I'm 5'8" and my current weight is 198.4. I was 227 at my highest and started here 5 weeks ago at 217.8. My calories are at 1200.... Sometimes I eat more just depends but I try and stay around that. I also drink between a gallon and two gallons of water a day. I work out anywhere from 2 to 4 times a week and for at least 90 min. I have lost 20 pounds in 5 weeks so something I am doing is right. My goal is 145 and I set my ticker to lose 20 pounds at a time for my goals. That way I kind of trick myself and not see 50 some odd lbs to go every time I look. Good luck and u can do this....

Also this twenty was really just walking mainly to lose it.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    HELLO :)
    I AM 5'7 AND STARTED AT 430 POUNDS
    I'VE BEEN STUCK BETWEEN 195-200 FOR A WHILE NOW
    ULTIMATE GOAL OF 185-180

Wow...Can I just stop and say you are AWESOME!! You are definitely an inspiration all the way!! :flowerforyou:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hi i started out at nearly 400lb :noway:
    am now around 195lb want to lose another 25/30 odd lbs :love:
  • sespinoza0614
    Options
    I'm new here....I started on here some months ago but didnt stick to it....Sooooo, Monday I decided to weigh myself and almost died when...240 pounds was staring me in the face :sad: I'm 5'7 and 240 pounds ....Not a good look!!!!!! However, this time I decided to completely commit.....Let's See How it Goes :wink: I'm excited to see 180 in a few months!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • GlitFit2012
    Options
    Hi ladies - first I want to say congrats to all of you who have lost weight and are reaching your goals!!!

I'm 5'9 (5'8 if I slump!!) and I started my weight loss journey at 235 about a month ago. Last week I went to the ob/gyn and weighed in at 220!!! I'm so proud of myself and excited to see that number go down even more. I'm currently on a 1200 calorie/day plan and I've been walking in the evenings with my husband occassionally. Starting this week I will be going to the gym with him to swim and while I don't look forward to the effort I do look forward to the results!

Feel free to add me if you need a buddy to talk with about weight loss and fitness. Also, if you have been diagnosed with PCOS definitely add me as I was just diagnosed and could use some buddies to talk to about that!!!
  • famuchic
    Options
    Hello, This is my first time posting. I'm 5'8'' (my boyfriend says I'm only 5'7'', but the doctor agrees with me!). I started my journey at 264 lbs. This was my highest pregnancy weight and I never lost it. My daughter is now 20 months old. I first started walking every blue moon in May of this year. During that time I lost 7 lbs. But it wasn't until August that I decided to get serious. I started working out 5 days a week and counting calories. Im currently on a 1,800 calories/day plan. I was doing less for a while but I was too hungry and this helps prevent me from late night binges. I've lost 22 lbs altogether now. My goal is also 180. I know it will take some time (especially since I allow myself to eat things I'm craving on the weekends) and sometimes I find it hard to not eat the pizzas and cakes, and ice creams, but I am a long way (in my mind) from where I started. I trained and ran my first 5k in October and finished with a time of 36:50. I plan on running every 5k in my area until I reach my goal and maybe beyond. Who knows, maybe this time next year I'll be able to do a 10k!

Feel free to add me, I love to see other's success!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2" tall. My highest weight was between 214 and 215. I lost between 25-30 lbs last year but relapsed over the winter. When visiting my doctor on July 20th I was right back up where I had started. I decided that afternoon to recommit. I am currently eating around 1200 calories per day and averaging between 5-7 lbs lost per month. I weighed in at 185.8 this morning, down 29 lbs from my starting weight. I excercise 6 days a week and eat healthy, I do not eat back my excercise calories most days. The amount of calories you should consume depends on you. How much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve your goals quicker and still stick with it. I have a large amount of will power/self control so it doesn't bother me to sacrifice the calories. The important thing it to stick with it and you will achieve results over time. My goal is to get down to 135-145 lbs depending on the amount of muscle that I build between now and then. That is where I am at my healthiest and feel my best. Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me.
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! :) I am speechless
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I will read all the replies when I have a little time to myself. Thank you guys so much for the support and advice! -HUGS- Good luck on all your journies!
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will read all the replies when I have a little time to myself. Thank you guys so much for the support and advice! -HUGS- Good luck on all your journies!

Here's another one for the pile!

I'm Amelia, I tell people I'm 5'8.... but I'm actually 5'9. haha!
    I hit my highest weight at the end of February of this year at 242 pounds, I started keeping a food diary and hit the gym 6 times a week and now 8 months later I'm 50 pounds lighter and *finally* in "one"-derland, for the first time since... middle school I think!

I know 6 days at the gym seems like a lot. but it really wasn't. Any other time I tired, and failed) at a diet/exercise plan I would say that I would workout 3-4 days, but once I skipped one day, it kinda went down the tubes. For me, telling myself that I'd do just 20-30 mins cardio everyday before or after work was manageable and the routine developed quickly. (I also strength trained 2-3 times a week). As far as my diet went, I counted calories (didnt worry about percentages for carbs/fat/protein) and, by focusing on cals in/cals out, I allowed myself treat meals once a week or so, or a night out with some cocktails, as long as I kicked up the cardio a little.

I'm new to this site and I told a little story about myself yesterday here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/778848-new-to-mfp-not-so-new-to-weight-loss-before-and-after

Feel free to add me as a friend and if you have any questions, I'm a 4th year dietetics student with a passion for fitness and I'd love to help!

talk to you soon,
    Amelia
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    Hey.This is my first forum. My name is Mechele. I have been here since July of this year ! So somewhat new! Lost weight and gained it back. I was 275 before I joined. I am now 245 while a member.My goal is 170pounds. 155 is my limit. I am tall- lol. And I have been stuck at my current weight for a long time. What weight was your plateau? What did you do to keep losing? What are your weight goals? Your progress? My calorie limit is 1600. Should it be more or less? Feedback is wanted. Thanks in advance. :)

Hey Mechele. Welcome to the forum! :) Congrats on your initial success!

I am just under 5'8" with a large-shouldered frame (I think it's called a "Mesomorph" body type, if that helps you visualize). I've been both slim and heavy (135-215), and my sizes have ranged from an loose 9/10 to a tight 18. I joined MFP about a month ago and learned very quickly that, at least for me, controlling food intake is where it's at. At first I tried exercise alone and became frustrated that I even gained. After researching a little bit about different weight loss methods, I decided to try the Total Daily Exercise Expenditure (TDEE) method.

Basically, I take my TDEE and subtract 500 calories a day (because 500 calories x 7 days = 3,500 = 1 pound fat loss per week). Then I make sure that I burn 500 calories extra through exercise, so that equals another pound. Altogether, that's a 2-pound per week projected weight loss. I started this method this past week and my body is responding pretty well. In fact, a mid-week weigh-in showed already a 4-pound loss, and I weigh in again on Sunday. I still get hungry late at night, but I just grin and bear it and hang on until the morning.

It looks like your TDEE baseline if you didn't work out at all would be 2,324, so if you wanted to try the 2-pound method, it would mean that you should not eat any more than 1,824 and you should burn 500 calories through exercise each day. Anything burned beyond that initial 500 can be traded for extra food, if you wanted.

Whatever you choose, good luck to you on your journey! You're off to a great start. :)