I Just Want to go on a Date!

Options
heagler870
heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
I'm at a point where I want to get back into the dating scene. I'd really like to meet someone I could form that companionship with. The thing is I have ZERO luck in the attracting guys department. I don't have skill and I don't know how to flirt. I hate the idea of actively searching for a guy, I mean by using online methods. I'd rather just meet someone by chance while out doing something. I know I must be patient though, it'll happen in time I suppose...

Replies

• leanne2376
    Options
    Me too!
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    I've heard this is a great dating site as well as a fitness site.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'd take you on a date :wink: haha JK I don't swing that way but still :)
  • miss4sure
    miss4sure Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Giiiiirl... you are certainly not alone. I am quite anxious and excited at the same time to get back out there... but I keep holding back... Guess these aprehensions will eventually melt away with the lbs... :blushing:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    So.....get out there and do stuff. Instead of complaining online. I'm just saying, go out and learn to kayak, or take up golf, or volunteer somewhere. You will meet someone outside your house when you're living life.
  • nefbaker
    Options
    So.....get out there and do stuff. Instead of complaining online. I'm just saying, go out and learn to kayak, or take up golf, or volunteer somewhere. You will meet someone outside your house when you're living life.

Or you'll discover you don't need to find someone. I work full time, volunteer as an EMT, with Relay for Life and a youth program, teach dog obedience, and train regularly for half-marathons. I'd like to date, but at this time, I'm too busy to care.
    :)
  • bandsofblue
    bandsofblue Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that by working on myself and getting confident with my looks that the dating will just fall into place. Right? I hope...
  • Packer_Hotty
    Options
    Just be confident, hun! I am going thru a separation and will be needing to get back on dating scene eventually. It's hard to know where to start, right?
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Just be confident, hun! I am going thru a separation and will be needing to get back on dating scene eventually. It's hard to know where to start, right?

Yes, confidence is very sexy!
    @packer_hotty - too bad you have opposing taste in football teams :cry:
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    go get a hobby and do your thing and maybe you will meet someone doing it :D
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Why not try both. . Online dating can be fun if you don't take it too seriously, be HONEST about yourself and don't expect your date to be honest about himself. . Then, go have coffee. . If it doesn't work out. . meh. .so what? Nothing ventured nothing gained. . don't take it personally. .
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm at a point where I want to get back into the dating scene. I'd really like to meet someone I could form that companionship with. The thing is I have ZERO luck in the attracting guys department. I don't have skill and I don't know how to flirt. I hate the idea of actively searching for a guy, I mean by using online methods. I'd rather just meet someone by chance while out doing something. I know I must be patient though, it'll happen in time I suppose...

I have zero dating skills myself. I don't know how to flirt either. I signed up with plentyoffish.com and got nowhere. (There was this one guy, after seeing me in this costume from last Halloween, asked me if I was into dominance. Ick.) I might just stay single the rest of my life, I mean, I'm 52; it might not happen. *le sigh*
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Me as well, damn long distance relationships suck.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Why not try both. . Online dating can be fun if you don't take it too seriously, be HONEST about yourself and don't expect your date to be honest about himself. . Then, go have coffee. . If it doesn't work out. . meh. .so what? Nothing ventured nothing gained. . don't take it personally. .

^^^ this
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i haven't been to a date in 4 months. nobody ever hits on me. some people told me that guys are scared to come talk to me but how am i EVER supposed to meet someone this way!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself. You don't need to try to be someone you're not. You've done great and if I were younger and not married I'd date you.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    To me, You don't look scary chick.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I like your idea of wanting things to come naturally via real life vs. online dating. You would likely find a lot of dates online if you went that route.
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I find that meeting people gets more difficult as I age more. I too would love to go out on dates, except, meeting people at age 30 while not in school is difficult, lol.
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    I think I like the idea of dating more than the reality! Most relationships are hard work and I care/ give too much.

Just for now I'm concentrating on me, what do I like, what makes me happy. Losing weight is making me feel great, sexier and in control of at least one part of my life.

So MFP is a dating site too?

Win win:love: haha