I Just Want to go on a Date!

Options

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I'm discovering MFP is a gold mine of dating potential. It's a free social network filled with 1000s of singles with a passion for fitness and health in common. Visit the chit chat board and participate in some threads.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You have a dog? Got a friend who is willing to lend you their dog?

I've found since having the pooches that naturally I just talk to more people on a day to day basis - I understand there are dog play parks or some such thing in America *baffled Brit look* borrow a dog and go hang out in the park.

You'll be doing your friend a favour, you'll be packing in some exercise and you might just make eyes across a pooper scoop with a nice bloke. Of course, this only works if you actaully LIKE dogs - but hey, who doesn't? :wink:

I suppose what I am saying is do something where the focus ISN'T about finding a fella, it's about you finding stuff for you, stuff you enjoy. When you're doing something you like you're gonna be giving off happy vibes and that is attractive as anything. Being proactive for you will most likely lead to all kinds of amazing things.

Good luck - and hey, there is a LOT to be said for being a happy single, try to enjoy it while you can :smile:

^ Great suggestion.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Get out there and just date! I've dated a lot from match.com and just finally found someone I click with recently... it may not go anywhere, but you know you just have to give it a shot! :)
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    Would any of you guys go on a date with me :smile: ?
    Umm, I would, and I'm in Hickory NC
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    I've been single for 6mo. I'm really shy, and a lot nerdy, so I never approach girls, and even when they do flirt with me, I don't get it until one of my friends points it out after the fact. ,
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    If you just want to go on a date, you might be surprised how many guy's would be willing to if you just asked. I think societies changed enough to where it's fairly normal for a woman to ask a guy out. Some guy's actually dig that, and then feel more comfortable being themselves around you.

If your considering something possibly a little more serious, try writing down the 5 top characteristics you like in guy. I've never tried online dating, but maybe there's sites where ppl put there "likes" and "dislikes" and according to your list, you might find a decent date that way. You could also use that list in your own personal life with the men you interact with. Get out there! You'll do fine, if not great!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm at a point where I want to get back into the dating scene. I'd really like to meet someone I could form that companionship with. The thing is I have ZERO luck in the attracting guys department. I don't have skill and I don't know how to flirt. I hate the idea of actively searching for a guy, I mean by using online methods. I'd rather just meet someone by chance while out doing something. I know I must be patient though, it'll happen in time I suppose...

This!!!!
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I just wanna go on a date too! And Im married!

never been on a date...true story

Wanna go on a date?
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Go out and do stuff that interests you. When you find someone, you know that you at least have something in common. I'm really surprised by the amount of women on this thread. I never thought it would be too difficult for a woman to attract a guy.
  • goldair23
    goldair23 Posts: 160
    Options
    Haha I understand the feeling, the annoying part is once you've got yourself a man the offers from other guys just pour in!
    I even had the courier guy for my work ask me out last week! So maybe the whole when you're not looking, it'll happen thing really is true! x
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Go out and do stuff that interests you. When you find someone, you know that you at least have something in common. I'm really surprised by the amount of women on this thread. I never thought it would be too difficult for a woman to attract a guy.
    this
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ha. me to.
    preferably to do something fun.
    not just the usual dinner,movie..
    something original.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Some lucky guy will meet you and you will have a great time. Good luck
  • sja462
    sja462 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am having the same problem! I have finally given up on looking. I am choosing to believe that if it is meant to be then it will happen! Good luck.
  • LordByproduct
    Options
    I am having the same problem! I have finally given up on looking. I am choosing to believe that if it is meant to be then it will happen! Good luck.

shes a catch!!!!
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    no i am not, i don't think i am that gorgeous, i'm not adriana lima... but somehow nobody ever talks to me, and all of my friends have something going on in their lives except me.

If a man tells you you are hot.. say "thank you". Nobody is going to tell you that more than once if your answer is "I don't think I am". Guys like confidence from what I have learned.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes i wil date you but we are fare away from each other.
    So funny. many gorgeous girls wondering why they do not have any dates :flowerforyou:

As long as you lose more weight....get a life!
    Please get bigger and bigger and bigger. have fun. guys love you fat girls.

and girls love guys that are demeaning.... guessing your single ..
  • PhoebesFit
    Options
    Me to. But at the same time I know that I'm really busy right now and I'm not really putting myself in the position to meet new people.

Keep your chin up when the right one comes along you'll know it.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yes i wil date you but we are fare away from each other.
    So funny. many gorgeous girls wondering why they do not have any dates :flowerforyou:

As long as you lose more weight....get a life!
    Please get bigger and bigger and bigger. have fun. guys love you fat girls.
    and girls love guys that are demeaning.... guessing your single ..

What do you exactly mean?
    Yes I am single
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I would LOVE to get back into the datng scene....but there seems to be something about me that screams unavailable...no matter how interested I really am...I've been told I have a standoffish air, or, to quote my brother, I'm "scary as hell." I don't feel like I am any of these things...but I have been told it's true...idk...