• bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    its a date if he wears a suit jacket or tie :P
    sorry that's a wedding =)
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    hanging out is just having fun relaxing time with either men or women friends with really no intention of it going any further in my opinion and a date is an intention to get to know someone better intimately if there is any spark or chemistry... a date is intention to follow thru on date 2 ... if there is a connection and hanging out is simply hanging out.. its not a date
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I really don't know the difference!
    Becuz I'm a loser who never gets dates ;____;
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    If it feel awkward when no one is talking.. it a date.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I go with date when that's what HE calls it.

"Do you wanna go on a date this weekend?"

But there is nothing wrong with just hanging out to see if you like the person and want to move on to a date or something else...
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't believe there is that big of a difference. You 'hang out' when you go on a 'date,' right? The expectations of each person can vary, but unless it is discussed or implied up front, you don't really know what those are. A person could ask you to 'hang out' because they have a secret crush on you. Or someone could ask you on a 'date' because they don't know you and would like to get to know you better. Either way, you are spending one-on-one time with another person and doing some kind of activity together. I don't see that big of a difference in terms of labeling.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    It's the formality of the thing....

someone asks me to come over and watch a movie, or meet for coffee or a drink...then it's hanging out...

someone asks me to have dinner, GO to a movie or do something that requires a set amount of time...then its a date...
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hanging out is what they call it when they don't wanna be seen in public with you.

LMAO....funny because sometimes that's true
  • Kamille2007
    Options
    Hanging out is what they call it when they don't wanna be seen in public with you.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!
  • bugaha1
    Options
    here we go Boom!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If the guy pays for dinner, a movie, or a specific event, it's a date. Otherwise it's hanging out.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Dating - he calls you in advance and you make plans to go out. You're actually seen out in public together, as a couple.

Hanging out - he calls you at 9pm on a Saturday night to ask if you wanna watch a movie at his place.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

WORD!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! I just posted something similar!!! If a guy can't walk into a restaurant holding hands with you...hmmm he's just looking for a 'hanging out' buddy.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

WORD!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!! I just posted something similar!!! If a guy can't walk into a restaurant holding hands with you...hmmm he's just looking for a 'hanging out' buddy.

what if you can't hold hands back....

seriously....some hands are ...squirmy
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hanging out means one or both people have no interest in pursuing an actual relationship. Dating means both people believe there may be the possibility of a relationship in the future. What you are actually doing doesn't define it -- the intentions behind it do. (A guy coming to your house and watching a movie with you could be a date, rather than hanging out, depending on both of your intentions.)

Also, this. Hanging out is also what they call it when they don't want to spend any money on you or when they are solely interested in sex with you.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options

LMAO....funny because sometimes that's true
  • bugaha1
    Options
    Hanging out means one or both people have no interest in pursuing an actual relationship. Dating means both people believe there may be the possibility of a relationship in the future. What you are actually doing doesn't define it -- the intentions behind it do. (A guy coming to your house and watching a movie with you could be a date, rather than hanging out, depending on both of your intentions.)

Also, this. Hanging out is also what they call it when they don't want to spend any money on you or when they are solely interested in sex with you.
    I can tell by your shoes, when you’re in a relationship you never pick up the tab. Boom!
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Hanging Out = booty
    Date = Dinner, Movie then booty

You're welcome. That'll be $175.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options

I can tell by your shoes, when you’re in a relationship you never pick up the tab. Boom!

Nope, not true, although I do let him pay most of the time! :)
  • djazzhouse
    Options
    agreed, if you have to ask, it's not a date.