Difference between "hanging out" and a "date"

Options

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Hanging out is when there are NO romantic feelings involved. Usually consists of, watching a movie at home with popcorn and pop and the occasional belch & fart.

Dating, you sometimes go out to dinner, depending on his pay check and/or eat in, but there are romantic feelings involved & you run to the bathroom to fart, even if it's every 2 minutes.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You've got to be young to even have time to think about something like this lol.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    You've got to be young to even have time to think about something like this lol.

and.../thread
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hanging out = Expect something like a BJ or handy and possibly actual sex

Date = Sex is expected, preferably some hot and heavy with full VIP access.

This is spot on with exception that date is usually in public and can include dinner and the full bells and whistles that accompany a real date.

Hanging out is often nothing more than a booty call with things listed above and can be in a car, hotel room, motel room, or even the house of one of the possibly married participant with little to no money spent. Pure sexual acts desired by both with no commitment.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    About $50-$75 bucks!
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    hanging out = purely platonic, no romantic intentions (which for me means the guy doesn’t get lucky, we're just friends)

date = romantic intentions (which means he may eventually get lucky, depending on how this and subsequent dates go)

At this point in my life I want intentions clear from the get go. Either you like me and want to date me or you don’t.

I'm also 37 and in a committed relationship. I don't know what the kids are doing or calling it these days.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Hanging out means someone is not interested seriously and wants a booty call.

Date = serious interest.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Hanging out is with somebody you have no romantic interests, friends with benefits.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    asking something like that is basically like googl'ing....10 million responses.

for me:

Date....he likes you, thinks you are attractive to him, and is showing interest

Hanging out....he's really married or he's just not that into you
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Hanging out is with somebody you have no romantic interests, friends with benefits.
    No one had mentioned that before you did. Thank you.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

for me:

I'd like to add...or unemployed but still hoping for some booty. :grumble:
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hanging out you don't have sex in the back of the car, or in the bathroom at the restaurant. Dating you do.

lol sometimes i do that with people im hanging out with too :laugh: :wink:
  • MissyJessy
    Options

for me:

May i add that marriage sometimes doesnt stop people?
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

for me:

F.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Hanging out is what's done by cowards or people who are just hoping for some meaningless sex. Why women put up with it, I'll never understand.

What about us men? I'm so tired of being used for all this meaningless sex! Why do these women just want me for my body? Day after day after day! Who's gonna pay for all this Gatorade to replace my fluids? How do they know I don't just want a hug?

Anybody want to cuddle?
  • MissyJessy
    Options

for me:

F.

Gorilla i know you enjoy F'ing me but common lol
  • MissyJessy
    Options

Hanging out is what's done by cowards or people who are just hoping for some meaningless sex. Why women put up with it, I'll never understand.

What us men? I'm so tired of being used for all this meaningless sex! Why do these women just want me for my body? Day after day after day! Who's gonna pay for all this Gatorade to replace my fluids? How do they know I don't just want a hug?

Anybody want to cuddle?

i may consider wanting you just for your body :laugh: :wink:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, it's not a date.

Actually, I went on what was apparently a date and had no idea that he thought it was one...
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I find booty quite romantic.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

for me:

F.

Gorilla i know you enjoy F'ing me but common lol
    You have to admit... that F was epic.