Replies

• almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Technical writer
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm a graphic designer. I really love my job. It took me a long time to finally decide to go for a creative career... but I'm so glad I did.

Being an animator would be a great job—if you love it, go for it. I think the best advice I'd give to someone looking to go into a creative field would be to just really do some research and figure out how best to make a living at that career. For animation, you might want to consider that computer animation is quickly eclipsing traditional animation. Take other courses like marketing or psychology or web design that can supplement your field both in terms of individual tasks and compensation.

Good luck! :)
  • kimmy_1432
    kimmy_1432 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to realize that I should have chosen a job field much earlier in life. I'm 24 now and a cashier at Target. I got married at 18 and loved being a stay at home wife, taking care of my husband. People ask my why we don't have kids and its honestly because I am not ready nor do I want any yet. Saying I like to stay at home without kids though just makes me appear lazy... I honestly have no idea what I want to do. I keep telling myself not to worry, that I can go to school later once I finally realize what I want to do but I'm starting to think I'll never really know what would make me happy. I can tell you I hate working in retail.

I'm happy for everyone else who sounds so successful, I just wish I knew my path in life.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I am going to school to be a unicorn.

In the mean time I am an accountant, though not certified.
  • birdvsplane
    Options
    I'm the Lead House Staff at a company that works with developmentally-disabled clients who are in need of 24-hour supervision. We help our clients cook, clean, and find employment while integrating them into the community, all to (hopefully someday) allow them to live independently.
  • lesliemojo
    Options
    Work for 6 eye doctors with a staff of 21 (all women except for 1). Between working with the pubic and working with difficult women, I am amazed I actually gave up binge eating......
  • FiveElevenClimb
    Options
    I am an Environmental Engineer for a gold mining company. its is a very broad career and i love the constant challenges that it provides.
  • Vinyarddog
    Options
    I am a service manager at a Mazda Dealership , and a martial arts instructor www.bridgewatertaekwondo.com (shameless plug)
  • mdonovan
    Options
    I work in Human Resources for a company in the hospitaliy industry. Oh yes, I'm that extra perky person with all the great ideas for employee morale and how to reduce turnover and why we need to host a workshop on building better managers lol...I actually love what I do and really would encourage people to get into it, if you enjoy seeing people enjoy their work :)
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    Secretary work at a Art School :smile: .........and slaying vampire's at night:smokin:
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I work in construction, been doing it for 13 years now
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm a juvenile probation officer. Love working with the kids but have to admit it's the very dysfunctional parents that make it very difficult sometimes. And it's too bad there are so many out there.
  • patfyfe
    patfyfe Posts: 17
    Options
    What an interesting life you have led. I started out life as a trainee shorthand typist and hated the typing bit Got married and had children, however due to finances went back to work as a typist. However at aged 29 was given chance to go to college and train as a primary teacher, which I then did for 39 Years. Decided at age 71 it was time I retired. Was by now teaching children with reading/writing difficulties on a one to one basis and only part time. However, now retired and having a wonderful time and have taken up several new interests, joined clubs and meet friends. I was very fortunate to find work which I enjoyed which is a real bonus. Decided to lose a bit of weight in order to carry on enjoying myself!!
  • patfyfe
    patfyfe Posts: 17
    Options
    I worked as a primary teacher for 39 years and loved it. However 22 of these were in an area with many children with problems, both behavoural and academic and many of these had parents with the same problems so I understand where you are coming from.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Had an Architectural firm that I sold 7 years ago to move to Montana, now I mostly enjoy life here in the great outdoors.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm an Estate Agent full time, I also teach horse riding on Sundays. Used to be a holiday rep which I loooooved, but 3 years was enough and needed a "real job"