What do you guys do for a living?

Options

Replies

• BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am a Home Health Aide. I help the elderly and disabled in their own homes. Love my job!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Was in admin (just got laid off) am now going into care work...
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm a research assistant, currently a grad student also. The pay is very low but the job is pretty interesting.
    My goal is working in translation or proofreading because I want to work from home. My field is language and languages so it's perfect for me.
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nurse x 25 years, health care management for the last 13....always nursing jobs available!
  • Asterope1
    Options
    I'm a bodyguard for Tom Cruise and moonlight as an underwater demolitions expert. No, really I'm an independent finance consultant.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I'm a Paralegal.

Being stuck indoors in front of a computer all day is akin to torture for me, so I don't recommend it. I only do this because it pays well.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm a contract IT Recruiter. Fun times, work at alot of different places and network with alot of different folks.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm an interpreter. Also have experience as an adjunct professor in my field. Background in psychology as well. Avocational career as a bagpiper.
  • xanderhwl
    Options
    Facilities Maintenance coordinator for National Grid (UK). Also completing my Degree in Business Studies this year! Never too late
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer. Have laptop will travel. Will write for food, Rent, clothes, and goodies, too.
    How did I get here? I followed what I was interested in.
    I also had a goal ... which was to see my name in print, as the person having written a particular story.
    Maybe that was a dumb goal, but I sure was thrilled the first time I saw a published article with my name under the title.
    I now make a living writing, which is what I love.
    Along the way, I found interesting people, events and elements to write about, which have been bonuses.

My advice: Figure out WHY you like doing what you do. Never mind if the reason seems dumb. You don't have to confess to it.
    Knowing the why will set you on your path.

Also, there's no harm in following more than one path - you'll get to where you're supposed to be as long as you keep pushing the little cars forward. No bit of learning ever goes to waste. I was a word processing temp for years, which kept a roof over my head and food on the table while I figured out next steps or waited out lousy economies. I still use much of what I learned at those little dinky jobs today.

Hope this helped, Maddy
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    High Risk Labor and Delivery RN for 13 1/2 years but for the past two years I've been working as a Business Analyst for a small software company who develops and manufactures a Nursecall system for use in hospitals. I do all the testing of the software, document bugs and assign to the developers, and write all the user documentation for our product, as well as write user guides for 3rd party integrations.

Kind of boring but I don't have to work weekends or nights anymore.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a neonatal registered nurse. And no I don't just feed and cuddle babies all day.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm an Office Manager. I really like it because I can find work pretty much anywhere, the pay is decent, and stress is low. Bookkeeping and office work is great because you can be full time, part time, or even work from home if you'd like. I've always been good with numbers and solving problems. It's a good fit for me.
    I took Business admin in University and this is where I ended up =)
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Currently work for a finance firm (in the wealth management and investments department) and getting my nutrition degree in the evenings...
  • wendyj910
    wendyj910 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I work from home doing criminal background checks. I love it! I was a massage therapist and esthetician for 10 years before I did this.
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I work in accounting at a Juvenile Detention Center!
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm a long term strategic and finanical planner for a municipal governement.
    and
    I LOVE IT!! :heart:
  • lauraghm
    Options
    Im a legal exec also still in college to become a criminologist :)
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am in hairdressing. I have grown to hate it. The hair itself, fun. The job, hell.

I always wanted to do criminal justice or law, just never afforded college.. .I hope to do it in the near future!:)
  • poetictraveller
    poetictraveller Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I develop performance textiles...