Post your useless trivia

Replies

• kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    I don't know how well-supported that last piece of trivia is*

You just made that *kitten* up. . didn't you! NO MAKING *kitten* UP! lol.

ahahaha, more like I heard it one time and feel like it is close enough to fact for my needs
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    ahahaha, more like I heard it one time and feel like it is close enough to fact for my needs

Ooh, I've gotten myself into a lot of trouble with that theory.
  • beatpig
    beatpig Posts: 97 Member
    The average person has less than two legs.
    If you were to take every single Christmas tree which was used in Christmas 2012 and put these in Wembley stadium, England, you'd have no where to play football.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
    The sex of an alligator is based on the tempearture of the egg. If the egg incubates at or less than 85 F, it will be female. If the incubation is at or above 91 F, it will be male. At about 89 F, there's an equal chance of it being male or female.

Proof that genetically women are cold hearted.
  • SeaRunner26
    The sex of an alligator is based on the tempearture of the egg. If the egg incubates at or less than 85 F, it will be female. If the incubation is at or above 91 F, it will be male. At about 89 F, there's an equal chance of it being male or female.

Proof that genetically women are cold hearted.

If you tend to hang out with women alligators, I suppose so! :laugh:
  • SeaRunner26
    Flammable and inflammable mean the same thing.

The opposite of flammable is actually nonflammable.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
    the QWERTY typewriter was actually designed to slow the typist down because the mechanical typewriters of the day were no match for the human fingers. . .
  • SeaRunner26
    Activated carbon is able to "clean" water and is used in filter because it has an enormous amount of surface area as compared to its volume. The process used to make it creates countess holes and divits in its surface that dramatically increase its surface area. Contaminants in water that passes through it are attracted to and caught on the surface of the carbon.
  • SeaRunner26
    Speaking of carbon, diamond and graphite (pencil "lead") are both pure carbon. And of the two, graphite is the more cheimcally stable form. In fact, diamons slowly revert back to graphite over a very long period of time. So all those ads that say "a diamond is forever" are actually false advetising. Pencils are forever.
  • SeaRunner26
    You can only fold a piece of paper seven times. After that, it becomes too thick to make a crease.
  • If a pregnant rabbit feels it cannot support it's pregnancy to full term (for whatever reason) it's body will absorb the embryos back into the body...which is just darn weird! :noway:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    in cantonese slang, yee-maah which is the word for period. in usual conversation it is the word for auntie, which ties into the euphemism.

"you wanna hang out today?" "

"I can't my auntie is here".

.true story.
  • SeaRunner26
    When our Sun "dies", it will swell to a red giant (possibly engulfing Venus or even Earth) and then collapse down to a white dwarf.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body.

Oh wait....you wanted useless trivia. Nah, I got nothin'.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Before you american's start calling us aussies convicts, be aware that england first shipped it's undesirables to you, that is until you kicked them out and had a little war. This is the main reason they started transporting us future aussies to australia. HA bet you didn't know that LOL
  • kinrsa
    kinrsa Posts: 111 Member
    The reason the British (and many of their former empires) drive on the left side of the road is because most people are right handed.

In times where people travelled on horseback & had to be wary of maurauders they would have a sword strapped to their left hip so they could draw the sword with the right hand. Being on the left side of the road meant possible mauauders they met on the road approached from the right & could be met with a sword in hand. When cars came along they didn't feel the need to change.
  • Heavyd2g
    Heavyd2g Posts: 61 Member
    Every second, the Sun generates enough energy to power mankind for 1 million years
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    There are more sheep than people in New Zealand.

I heard this once, any Kiwis feel free to dispute that, it may not be true.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    There are more sheep than people in New Zealand.

I heard this once, any Kiwis feel free to dispute that, it may not be true.

its true.

there is 31.1 million sheep and around 4.5 million people in new zealand.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Did you know in the cremation process, within about an hour 100lb can be burned?