Were You A Fat Child?

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I was bony and thin. I gained all my weight in college when I stopped running and being active.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've never been thin. Ever. Not even after losing almost 70lbs, I am still not what you would classify as thin. I don't think I will ever be thin, I don't think I have the body type for it. I'm tall, apple shaped and have a large frame.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    yes! But i slimmed down as i got in high school :)
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    Yup. I've been overweight since I was 3 years old. Some day I will get to that healthy weight category. Just gotta keep working at it!
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I was very skinny as a child -- in fact anorexic in 4th grade. My mom and sisters were overweight and she would constantly weigh us and and such. I remember her always pushing my sisters about their weight (even though she herself was very overweight). I'm pretty sure this is what ruined my relationship with food and eating. :/
    Makes me think about what my son see's when he see's me.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Sure was! I gained every pound before I ever reached 18. :frown:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I put most of my weight on the summer before I started junior high, eating boxes of twinkies and sitting on my duff. Between the ages of 12-19 I managed to rack up a few more pounds before deciding at 20 that it was time to finally get my life back.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Nope. I was skinny until I was in my mid-twenties.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was the male version of Honey Boo Boo.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    super skinny as a kid, thin as a teen/adult until a year after I met my husband. We fattened each other up
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    Options
    I was a twig as a child, then my parents got divorced when I was nine and I got pneumonia 12 times. medicine + emotional eating = me gaining a TON of weight!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was always chubby but not over weight.

It wasn't until I was 16 that the weight got out of control.

Do not move a child to another country and expect her to "play with the neighborhood kids."

All of which, were under 11. o_o
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    I started to get a bit chubby around eight years old, I believe. Before then I was just very average. As a four-five year old I was even "skinny". I think the overeating started shortly after my parents got divorced.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was a Honey Boo Boo, too. I was a chunky kid that turned slimmed down around 13/14 for a brief period after a summer spent at the public pool.... then gained a LOT of weight from 16-20, got married, had two kids and am now a former chunk. I like this way better, I actually... finally... feel like myself.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to how many people here started out life as an overweight child. Did you?

I was a chubby kid, but lost it all by age 12 and stayed at goal weight until after I had my last baby 13 years ago. I don't recall doing anything exrtraordinary to lose my early childhood "baby fat"....maybe I just grew out of it, I don't know. But I DO remember the schoolyard teasing..."Fatty Fatty Two By Four, can't get through the bathroom door"....wow, kids sure can be mean.

Yes, children CAN be mean to each other. It's worse now because of social media.

I was told I was fat when I was a child--I HATED going for school clothes.
  • redkitty615
    redkitty615 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No I actually was tall and thin when I was a young child. I didn't start having weight issues until I hit puberty, then got my weight under control in college. Unfortunately, I dropped out to get married to someone who no matter what I weighed, it wasn't right - so i got fat because it was easier (and more defiant).
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was a fat infant, child, adolescent, and adult. I've never been in a normal weight range for my age/height. So sad... but, I'm working on it. :O)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    thankfully no. i didnt get fat until my 30s.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I was a very skinny child. I got called names like skeleton and bones. I was thin as a teen. during my 20's my weight fluctuated but I was never more than 20 pounds overweight.
  • shrinkinglily
    Options
    I was a strong, athletic child. I remember when I was about 7 or 8, and I thought, "I am so glad I will never be fat!" I wonder where that came from!

When I was in high school, I put on 5 or 10 pounds and felt fat, but looking back I was healthy. I really put on the weight in college, too much indulging... Since then I have been up and down, but never at a totally healthy weight. I am thirty now, and weight 200 lbs, my highest non-pregnant or post-partum weight..