Airports--your favorites and why?

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    are you serious? people have favorite airports? This can only be true of people who haven't traveled much and/or do not have children.

Well, after contemplating this, I would have to say Carlsbad, CA. Free parking (like at the grocery store), walk in, board all within a few hundred yards. When you arrive there, stand planeside, pick up your bag, and be out in your car in 3 minutes.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport- South Africa, only because it looks like an enormous log cabin and the scenery around it is incredible

th_1881_zpsca4444e6.jpg
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Westchester County Airport in White Plains, NY. Why? It's tiny, and my planes out of there have always, ALWAYS been on time. Plus you get to walk out on the tarmac like a certified BA
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I like DFW, it is easy to get around with the skylink and they have D ickey's BBQ in terminal a. It is some damn good BBQ. I also like Fort Myers. It is small quick and easy to get in and out of.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    The first (it's no longer there) Pittsburgh International Airport. I spent a lot of time there as a kid.

I spent some time there and also Allegheny County Airport. I'm from Homested.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Atlanta, everybody was super nice or maybe I was just tired.

Las Vegas-REALLY SUCKED!!! Delayed 5 hours didnt get home until the next morning and had the very last seat on the plane between 2 big guys with big arms who were exceptionally smelly...it wasnt fun.
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Detroit - I like the light tunnel :happy:

I love Detroit's airport. Traveled through there a lot during grad school and haven't been in a few years. I also like Memphis - good food choices.

I absolutely loathe the Philly airport. It is the worst!
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    are you serious? people have favorite airports? This can only be true of people who haven't traveled much and/or do not have children.

Well, after contemplating this, I would have to say Carlsbad, CA. Free parking (like at the grocery store), walk in, board all within a few hundred yards. When you arrive there, stand planeside, pick up your bag, and be out in your car in 3 minutes.
    I've traveled to a lot of countries and have 3 passports full of stamps to prove it.... and yes I have a favorite airport. But of course that's coming from someone who would choose boring Carlsbad Airport... cheers though!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Detroit, Cleveland, Vegas, Vancouver, and Toronto. My faves!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ugh I HATE airports.

But I don't remember DFW being too bad.
  • poetictraveller
    poetictraveller Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Having made close to 40 flights this year I have to say the best airport is my very own Vancouver International and the absolute worse is Chennai, India. Frankfurt is not far off from that...only because it stinks like cigarettes and aftershave....
  • cbrewer904
    Options
    I like Gatwick in London...It is like one big Mall!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

I've traveled to a lot of countries and have 3 passports full of stamps to prove it.... and yes I have a favorite airport. But of course that's coming from someone who would choose boring Carlsbad Airport... cheers though!

Boring airport? That's a really funny response. It is my goal to be in and out as quickly as possible. If airports are exciting to you, well then . . . hmmm. ok.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    If I am at an airport, I must be taking a vacation, so anyone will do. :)
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Having made close to 40 flights this year I have to say the best airport is my very own Vancouver International and the absolute worse is Chennai, India. Frankfurt is not far off from that...only because it stinks like cigarettes and aftershave....

Vancouver does have a nice airport ~ I love how you clear customs before you get on your flight when coming back to the US rather than waiting in a big huge line once you land.

As for my favorite? One that's in the Caribbean (except Barbados because they lost my luggage!).
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Lehigh Valley International Airport in PA. It's tiny and the people are nice. The drive is pretty easy and I've never had an issue there. Plus the flights out of there are pretty cheap!

My least favorite is Newark, NJ. Traffic is horrific and the actual airport is so confusing.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Paris ...CDG only because the pics were proof to my kids that I do indeed know what it's like to be a hamster in a Habitrail....but horrible otherwise. they did lose my bag so im still mad. Lol

Otherwise....Minneapolis because it means I'm home!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Changi (Singapore) :smile:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Heathrow and LAX.

Oh and Long Beach Airport gets a nod as well for being sooooo easy to get through.

Flying into Long Beach in a few weeks!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Munich. The best. Modern and easy to get around. Designer shops all over the terminal. Zegna and Hermes outlets next to my gate? Sign me up. And Bavarian brews on tap around every corner. Yes please. A quick train ride to the heart of the city. There really isn't a better airport in the world.

And did someone in this thread say HEATHROW?!?! Please tell me how the world's most crowded airport is your favorite? that place is a hellhole. Especially if you are actually trying to get into London after your flight arrives. Edit: You were clearly joking since you also listed LAX as a favorite. That is the second worst in the world. Old, falling apart, under constant construction, crowded, etc.