Airports--your favorites and why?

Options

Replies

• CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I liked Taipei. :-) Lady was nice enough to let me take stuff out of my suitcase and put into my dads to avoid an overweight charge (Uh, yea I was carrying home a HUGE wooden carving of a teaching Buddah).

I HATE Frankfurt...but only flew out of it once..I think if I did again the machine guns in the terminals and the rate of take off due to noise ordinances wouldn't bug me so much.

I also do not care for Laguardia. Never flown out of there but any airport my dad will avoid..I will too...and since he has over 1 million miles flown on Delta alone (not counting the countless other airlines he has flown on due to business), Ill take his word for it.

;-)
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I like Vancouver International the best. It's beautiful and comfortable...
    I don't mind waiting in airports as a general rule. While I'm there, delayed flight or not... nobody expects me to make dinner, vacuum, or clean up dog vomit. (It's been one of those days here!) I can sit and people watch... read mostly uninterrupted or surf the net.
    It's all good! ALso love the hubbub of Heathrow.
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    Changi Airport, Singapore.

The most beautiful and well organised airport I've seen in my life. They have orchids everywhere and water ponds in some areas. It's amazing! Plus, it's super clean and easy. It's my favourite airport by far!

The worst one is Paris (and I lived in Paris). Not at all well organised, and be ready to wait to get to a gate, which mostly never happens!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    first of all, I don't travel much but I like my own airport here: SeaTac-love the cell phone waiting lot 'cuz it's FREE, and the toilet in the Bert Mooney Airport kept me entertained for a few minutes (automatic toilet seat covers).

I absolutely DESPISE the Milwaukee airport, lack of customer service, by the general people that work there, rental car companies, AND the TSA. :explode:
    More than once I have heard terrible things about Denver's airport...I hope to never have to fly there.
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    LOVE Dubai, Pittsburg and Charlotte airports. HATE Pearsons in Toronto.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Hong Kong international is one of my favourites, they have shower facilities, super uber modern and great architecture, flying in at night looks like the opening scenes from bladerunner. soundtrack Air - sex born poison - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ELWWpBWF3M

Copenhagen International is also one of my favourites, it has some parts with black marble walls that you can see your reflection, it looks like your in a movie, theres a great combination of wood also and Scandinavian architecture. soundtrack Lykke Li - I know places (live on the moon) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3P2o5gryfs

LAX is terrible. nowhere to sit comfortably for all the people who are stranded there, no free wifi, old and tired. I got stuck there for 14 hours. I've been stuck at other airports. lax is the worst. time does not pass there. all you can do is walk. soundtrack hanz Zimmer - Time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrAm9Eiqcw

shanghai is just behind LAX in the bad airport stakes.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Any one but Halifax. They have birds flying free and they poop everywhere.

:laugh:

That's the airport I've flown from most... I do like that it's a quiet airport
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Love Field....First one I flew out of in 1970.

I understand, Hobby Airport in Houston.
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Denver- La Casita (awesome tamales)

Brussels National- Nicest staff ever

Do not like- Toronto (despite nice people) hate taking the shuttle between terminals
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I love airports - love to people watch

I don't have a true favorite - but I do loathe one in particular...and that would be MIAMI. Hate that airport with a major passion!!!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I liked Taipei. :-) Lady was nice enough to let me take stuff out of my suitcase and put into my dads to avoid an overweight charge (Uh, yea I was carrying home a HUGE wooden carving of a teaching Buddah).

I HATE Frankfurt...but only flew out of it once..I think if I did again the machine guns in the terminals and the rate of take off due to noise ordinances wouldn't bug me so much.

I also do not care for Laguardia. Never flown out of there but any airport my dad will avoid..I will too...and since he has over 1 million miles flown on Delta alone (not counting the countless other airlines he has flown on due to business), Ill take his word for it.

;-)

Frankfurt is my favorite, not because of the airport itself, but because it means home is only a couple of hours away.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Beijing. Becuase it is a city. I got off my plane and there was a sign as to how long it would take me to get to my next flight in terminal B. 47 minutes..... to commute to another terminal. You can limp across Rhode Island in 47 minutes.
  • headoverhills
    Options
    Munich, Germany. German efficiency, extremely easy to get around in, signs, seating areas everywhere, the best shops - buttersoft leather handbags, anyone?, and clean, clean, clean. Did I mention clean?
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Munich, Germany. German efficiency, extremely easy to get around in, signs, seating areas everywhere, the best shops - buttersoft leather handbags, anyone?, and clean, clean, clean. Did I mention clean?

YES!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    McCarron in Las Vegas. Made out with a very pretty girl there when I was a wayward youth.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Sacramento, Bloomington IL, and mdt are my fave small ones. Don't care much for lax or bwi. Phili has some great art. If i'm going to be stuck in an airport for a long time, i'd want ATL. For sprawling big city airports, it's a good one and easy to navigate. Dulles/ft worth, not cool on driving over a bridge in a plane. MIA=krazy.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Top 3 fav have to beee:

1) Incheon (Seoul) Airport (South Korea). It has a Korean style spa inside. I've napped there many times before/after a flight.
    2) Narita (Japan)
    3) O'Hare: I actually really like how big and busy it is.

The only airport that I absolutely hate is Ninoy Aquino International (Phillipines). The place was swarming with shady cab drivers and people sleeping on cardboard on the floor....just overall shady.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Orlando is best because it is home. St Thomas is a favorite because it is just a ferry ride from St. John and the views are amazing. Atlanta is a necessary evil. Dallas has great people watching. Seattle has good food. San Fran is a pain in the *kitten*. CDG is my least favorite of all followed closely by Boston. I could go on and on.
  • algebravoodoo
    Options

LOL last time I was in Munich airport, there was constructiion/renovation everywhere we turned and it was a nightmare!
    That was several years ago, 2006, so it should be better by now.
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    I despise Philly..JFK is alright...SFO is pretty good too. Don't love LAX but I don't hate it either. Orlando is mediocre. O'Hare is actually not bad at all...I liked it pretty well.

Philly airport is the gold standard by which all bad airports are measured!
    I will pay extra to avoid it!