So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with what OP said but I think so many people having a go is a bit much, it's bullying and that's just as nasty as her openly insulting her friends. If you don't want to be nasty then just ignore this thread and go on being positive to all your friends :)

You're right. Crowd mob mentality is quite interesting.
  • ashley7979
    Options
    Without my weekly "cheat" meal, I would totally fail at this. My choices right now are not the healthiest all the time, but I'm just getting started. I'm staying within my calories for the most part and I plan on making healthier choices as I go. In the past, portion control has been my biggest issue so I'm working on that. I have only a few friends on here and they are very supportive and do not judge me.
  • tzuris
    tzuris Posts: 30
    Options
    F this, I'm closing my diary!!

I feel you. I have my diary closed specifically because I eat what I like (honestly most of it is healthy food too) as long as it's within my goal range and I'm not overdoing it. With that said I've lost 24 lbs since June.

I'm feeling the exact same way after reading this. Who thinks they have the right to judge every single thing that goes into my mouth to determine if they're better than me?
  • tzuris
    tzuris Posts: 30
    Options
    I agree 100% with the OP on this thread. this site is for people who have their body, health and diet in check! also u gotta look good! this site is not 4 people who have issues with their diet. wait!!! some just logged in a do nut! im about to go bungie jumping without a bungie! seee yaaa

Excuse me?

This site is only for people who have their body, health and diet in check? I beg to differ. This is a starting point for so many people in getting their diet under control. Fitocracy sounds like it would be more appropriate for you, since the focus is on exercise and body, not on learning how to control your diet.

The joke
    >

Your head
    >

Drat :blushing:
    In my defence, there are a few people posting in here saying exactly the same thing and they're NOT kidding.
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% with the OP on this thread. this site is for people who have their body, health and diet in check! also u gotta look good! this site is not 4 people who have issues with their diet. wait!!! some just logged in a do nut! im about to go bungie jumping without a bungie! seee yaaa

Excuse me?

This site is only for people who have their body, health and diet in check? I beg to differ. This is a starting point for so many people in getting their diet under control. Fitocracy sounds like it would be more appropriate for you, since the focus is on exercise and body, not on learning how to control your diet.

I think you may need to check the batteries in your sarcasm detection meter.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Excuse me?

The joke
    >

Your head
    >

Drat :blushing:
    In my defence, there are a few people posting in here saying exactly the same thing and they're NOT kidding.
    gottcha!!!:laugh: :smile: :tongue: :laugh: :happy: :wink: :smile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    THIS IS A FITNESS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    FACT: If you eat nothing but twinkies and drink water you can still lose weight.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I dont know about you but to me this is a lifestyle change not a diet and no food to me is off limits... Plus why worry about what other people eat your attitude is why people keep there diary's private....

Yup! Some of us have chosen to do this in a more 'everyting in moderation' method, not go completely clean. This is a personal choice. If your friends ask for help then by all means, scan their diary and make suggestions. Otherwise who cares?! This is the reason why my diary is only open to friends and even then I rarely "complete" so that it's not out there to be viewed. My life, my choices.

ETA: OP - who said you were a loser? We're just saying you're getting your panties in a twist over something that's neither any of your business nor something you can dictate to someone else. You've chosen to go completely clean - good for you!! Why mandate that all your friends do the same thing? Live and let live and calm down!

How would you feel if some religious zealot came up to you and said you're going to hell unless you live the way they say you should? This is really not that much different...

Well said.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

Who the hell are you? The food police?

If its working for them.. SO WHAT? Take a look at my diary. You will see take out, beer, pizza.. hot dogs, ham, lots an lots of the good stuff! WHY? Because I DONT BELIEVE IN DIETING.

I have started making better choices.

I have started exercising.

I have started using portion control.

I HAVE LOST WEIGHT.

I have NOT asked for your advice.

Edited to say, that i have gone from a size 20 jeans to a size 14 since june 28th by doing exactly what i have mentioned above and only what i have mentioned. So suck on those lemons, m'kay? :bigsmile:
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

I agree and it frustrates me too, agreed that a treat here and there is ok, You can't complain about your weight and not change your eating habits!
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Being holier-than-thou is really just annoying.

Imagine a world where we were all the same. Pretty boring, huh?

Yes, I eat a lot of crap. I don't plan to eat it, but it gets eaten. I'm a work in progress and apparently not perfect, and I'm OK with that.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options

If its working for them.. SO WHAT? Take a look at my diary. You will see take out, beer, pizza.. hot dogs, ham, lots an lots of the good stuff! WHY? Because I DONT BELIEVE IN DIETING.

I HAVE LOST WEIGHT.

I do believe this is what she is referring too, making healthier choices and exercising. She is entitled to her opinion just like you are entitled to yours.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Yeah...buy my groceries or leave me alone. Can't exactly afford a nice free range steak with a side of organic baby spinach and mushrooms on a burger budget.

Can i add this to the comment I left?

*bows to this person*
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I keep my diary private for only my friends for people like you. Where do you get off thinking you can tell people what to do? Yeah, I eat junk food. I've also lost 24lbs in 6 weeks because I'm eating in moderation. One day maybe I'll hae to eat cleaner, but uunless you're my dr you can't make that call simply because I ate something you consider "junk food"
  • Heather_Rider
    Options

I HAVE LOST WEIGHT.

I do believe this is what she is referring too, making healthier choices and exercising. She is entitled to her opinion just like you are entitled to yours.

Read what she said...

"why log in here every day and record CRAP"

well... because THAT is what I eat!!! Im recording it because it helps me keep track of calories, Duh! Isnt that what this site is for, no?

Maybe I got lost... Should i have taken a left instead of a right back there? Hmmm..... *smh*
  • pandoraw
    pandoraw Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have tried all sorts of diets. Most don't allow for CRAP. I lasted 1 to 3 weeks then failed at each of them. I had cravings for Crap foods. In March of this year I decided to eat less CRAP. I have changed my diet drastically in the last 8 months I have changed a lot of things. I eat a lot less I exercise a lot more. I still eat CRAP. I will eat CRAP till the day I die. I have lost 46 lbs so far. I feel better than I have in a long time. Each of us has our own journey. Some of us will succeed. I plan to be one of the successes and I will do it MY way!

I have learned a lot from this site. I take what helps me and disregard the other stuff as it doesn't fit into my life style.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    oh now, sweetness...you need to explain this.

Short version: What I noticed was people who seem to have made some progress or would know what they're doing supported the OP while others who probably don't know what they're doing didn't. Seems to me those who are more fit take the criticism better than those who aren't. Hypersensitivity abounds and I'm really mean.

I don't support the OP.....I know what I am doing.

and you like both ice cream and dogs...you rock! :)
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Funny how you all think I'm such a loser for caring about the people in my network and that they learn something about health. My profession is to care and teach health. Guilty conscience? Or sad yourself since you so much time to breed such negativity about people who care about those around them?

There's a difference between supporting the people in your network and bashing them all in a thread that you created. There's more compassionate ways to help the people you "care about" learn about health than trashing them in a public post. Just saying.

:flowerforyou:
  • TURNERKL3
    TURNERKL3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amen to that!