So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    As long as they're recording it and staying accountable, who gives a CRAP
    This.

Good point. Part of the reason I have my diary closed is because of the potential for judgement. If I binge on chips, I will record all of it, and it will look horrible. But I'll know what I have eaten and how I can compensate for it later. Of course, that's different from eating fast food every day. But people who look at diaries should keep in mind that their friend might just be having a bad week.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Take off the judgey pants, they don't do anything for your *kitten*.

Take off your 'I dont care about helping other people on my friends list' smirk, it isnt doing anything for your karma :)

Oh god, she got me, right in the KARMA!

Here I thought I was just being supportive in a friendly manner, without being a complete douche and airing out their diaries and MY personal issues with them to the forums.

There's a personal message button, did you know that? Maybe you oughta give it a try, if you think your oh-so-tactful way of "helping" your friends is necessary to improve your "karma."
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Earlier today, I saw a man pick his nose and eat it the snot. Nobody should ever do that.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    who the hell died and made you fitness and diet queen? I have my diary set to private because of people like you. sometimes I have great days and other days I have REALLY bad ones, yet I still log in everything..whether it's "crap" or not. This website is to help people hold themselves accountable for what they are eating and doing fitness wise. It helps people become more aware of what they are eating. Don't judge someone because they don't eat as healthy as you do. Everyone is different and not everyone is here for the same reason. So if you don't like snooping on someones diary that isn't eating up to your standars, do THEM a favor and delete them.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Earlier today, I saw a man pick his nose and eat it the snot. Nobody should ever do that.

How many calories would that be?
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Haven't read all the posts yet, but this is exactly why my diary is private.
  • NickLavato
    Options
    Something else to think about. I have 2 kids. If they want mcdonalds from time to time, Im not going to deny them that. That being said I used to have a 1600 cal dinner from there, now its about 650-700. Cutting back on junk but still working hard will equate to weight loss.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Completely agree.

Positive reinforcement doesn't work alot of the time. People are just looking for an excuse to eat crap so saying 'oh well, it wasn't that bad' isn't helping anyone. I'm not going to be a sholder to cry on for people who whinge that tey're fat but continue to eat crap. You want to be fit, slim and healthy, then eat right and exercise. YOu only get out what you put in. Crap in = crap out.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

I've heard that that helps with building immunities.
    I've stopped because I'm on a low sodium diet. :)
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Just delete those friends who are clearly not serious about being serious. If I see someone who is constantly eating out, going over on cals and fat, I just remove them. 99% of the time, they don't ever comment on my diary or anything else I post, so why would I want them as a friend anyway? I have some great friends with whom I've agreed to be very tough with on each others' diaries and it's great. My diary is open to the public and I do eat *some* junk like chex mix, but I am open to any and all helpful comments regarding my eating. I know I should eat more veggies, so you can save that one.
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :love:
    Ate 2 burgers, and some cheesecake. Went to Gym lifted 400lbs a few dozen times. Came home, laughed at forums.

I think I'll have some ice cream now.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So, I'm confused....does the "I'm better than you" attitude happen after eating "clean" for a certain period of time or immediately....:huh:

Man, am I ever cranky today....:angry:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Completely agree.

Positive reinforcement doesn't work alot of the time. People are just looking for an excuse to eat crap so saying 'oh well, it wasn't that bad' isn't helping anyone. I'm not going to be a sholder to cry on for people who whinge that tey're fat but continue to eat crap. You want to be fit, slim and healthy, then eat right and exercise. YOu only get out what you put in. Crap in = crap out.

I put in crap, and got out a 122lbs weight loss.

inb4 you have a lucky metabolism.
  • cjransom
    Options
    Second or third... most people have enough to do with managing themselves let alone responsibilities for random strangers...
    Why don't you try positive encouragement, instead of complaining about what other people eat? If you don't like it, don't read their logs.

Chill out, it's not your problem.

And learn to spell.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options

Log it
  • sugarterminator
    Options
    I was going to agree with you, but then I saw that you had Sonic Drive-In (fast food) for breakfast.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I've done an extensive study, and it's peer-reviewed, elitists that spend their time worrying about what others are doing instead of focusing on themselves or the people that actually want their help are generally weak and slow.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Completely agree.

I put in crap, and got out a 122lbs weight loss.
    So you're proud?

The fact that you can still lose weight eating mostly crap food doesn't prove that it's okay. It just proves that you were able to stay at a calorie deficit eating mostly crap. A guy ate nothing but twinkies and lost weight. It's doable.

But for optimal physical, mental, etc health & a positive lifestyle change? No.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    So you're proud?

The fact that you can still lose weight eating mostly crap food doesn't prove that it's okay. It just proves that you were able to stay at a calorie deficit eating mostly crap. A guy ate nothing but twinkies and lost weight. It's doable.

But for optimal physical, mental, etc health & a positive lifestyle change? No.

Case in point
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I only eat organic veggies grown 20 feet from my door. Everthing else is full of chemical CRAP that will kill you in 60-100 years.

well isnt that special - must be nice to be able to do that. Guess you never go to the store for anything else.... ever.

right!? not everyone is blessed with the privileged to do that.

isn't that a joke? We are ALL going to die in 60-100 years...