"Apple" Shaped Women - Before & Afters?

Options

Replies

• Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think its maybe weird because after people lose weight they don't look like an apple? I'm all belly....like ALL belly. My legs are like 2-3 pants sizes smaller than my "waist" aka pudge. I'm broad chested and hold weight in my arms too. GRRRR.
    That's so me..!!!..Grrr is right...I swim in my pant legs but only a couple inches off the waist...I guess patience is a virtue!
  • Johanne1957
    Options
    1yearanniversary.jpg

Fantastic transformation...yeah.,..there's hope for us all yet...lol...Great job!
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The pics are so inspiring, thank you all for sharing!!!!
  • ColumnHugger
    ColumnHugger Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I'm an apple shape and often get asked if I'm pregnant because I have a "Buddha belly" as my mother has always called it.
  • alain0207
    alain0207 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alain0207
    alain0207 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-175.jpg

I am still very much a work in progress and have lost about 6 pounds these were taken, but this is what a 15-pound loss looked like on my apple shape. I don't look too much like an apple any longer, I would like to think I look more like an hourglass now. I ate slightly above my BMR and took up weight training. That's how I did it :)

I'm 5'5''

my husband saw these pictures and asked me when did I take these, HAHAHA, he though it was me! (forget the fact he apparently doesn't know how our home looks). You look fantastic and this gives me a clue of what the future is going to be like. Cannot wait to go down to 175...and counting.
  • Johanne1957
    Options
    Such a fantastic thread...thank you...it is greatly inspiring and congrats to all the successes...
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is more of a "during".

I have no breasts to speak of, and very little in the way of a behind, so I sort of follow my belly around like a schooner following a tugboat. I'm not so much an apple as I'm a Tootsie Pop! It's very frustrating.

Also a cyster over here (polycystic ovary syndrome) and most of the weight loss success can be attributed to a fairly low dose of metformin, which was a total game changer for me.

Eating approximately 1800 cals a day, lift three times a week, walk back and forth to work every day. Macros are 25% carbs, 35% protein, 40% fat, and that seems to work for me.

245 to 180. Still have about 35 lbs to go to reach goal weight, although I'd be happy with 150. 5'5" most of the time.

Losses:

Neck: 1.75"
    Thigh: 4"
    Waist: 8"
    Hips: 7"
    Chest (Ribcage): 5"

NOTE: This is the **exact** same suit, five years and fifty five pounds apart. I am posed differently in the second picture, but you can see how much looser the pants drape and how much better the jacket fits.
    27733894_4025.jpg
  • NoNewFriends
    NoNewFriends Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I gain all in the stomach/boobs/upper arms too. I called it my "Koolaid man" look. LOL

5'7 (before picture weight was 159...size 10 pant size large shirt..... and after pic was 133 (size 6 pant and size small shirt) currently 130 now. Excuse my dirty mirror, haha!

8139763481_10a64ff3b0.jpg

What workout/diet plan did you follow? You look AH-MAZING.
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ekdennis
    ekdennis Posts: 62
    Options
    Thank you to the person who started this topic. I am totally an apple. I recently started lifting and I also run/walk two/three days. I'm hoping lifting and following the ABS diet can help reduce my midsection.
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    image_3_zps51dacd5d.jpeg.html
    image_zps71b338bc.jpeg.html

sorry if they are big, there is a little one as my profile photo. also here is my weightloss album

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/_Starlight_/library/Weightloss
  • Lady_Gwendolyn
    Lady_Gwendolyn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump? This thread helps a lot
  • rainbowsnroses
    Options
    You look great!!! And younger too!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I am apple shapped too, however after seeing many pears, I'm certainly glad I'm not that! I'd hate to have cankles and huge legs. I can't wait to hit my goal. I want rid of this gut!!!! One thing about us apples is we usually have gorgeous legs so be happy girls!!!
  • reginajones92372
    Options
    Congratulaions
  • freshbaklava
    freshbaklava Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your pics ladies! I just started on here and you all are giving me motivation!
  • freshbaklava
    freshbaklava Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    amazing job you look greattttt
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I have thinner arms and legs, with all my weight concentrated in the torso. I've had seven pregnancies, is kids, lots of belly fat.

It's decreasing slowly. These numbers are from mid-April this year to today:

Chest. 56 to 50

Waist. 58.5 to 49.5

Hips. 58 to 54.8

I don't have to draw you a picture to show what shape I'm in, I'm an egg on legs. But it's decreasing. If I were to lose consistently, I would expect that in September my numbers might be:

Chest: 46
    Waist: 41
    Hips: 51.5

Heck, I just encouraged myself!
  • BethVader
    BethVader Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!