Fruit Makes you Fat

Options

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    It's true!!! I knew it wasn't my diet of fast food and soda!!!! Off to McDonald's, but whatever you do avoid the produce section of the grocery store, that place makes you fat!!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    That article is so misleading, I barely know what to say.

"It's considered so beneficial that the government's five-a-day guideline is a minimum recommendation for the amount of fruit and vegetables we should eat.
    But while it is fine to exceed this amount if you are a healthy weight, if you are overweight or suffer from high cholesterol or diabetes, too much fruit could be trouble. It could also explain why, despite your healthy lifestyle, you're piling on the pounds."

Uh yes, those are called calories. Eating 5 bananas a day would be 500 calories. Add that to your other food, and you will probably gain weight. That's math.

"drinking fruit smoothies all day - glugging down 300 calories in a couple of minutes."

Yes.....have several 300 calories smoothies on top of an already full diet will lead to excess calories....which will lead to weight gain. Once again, that's math.
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    I hate reading this after I JUST ate a banana & was feeling sort of proud of myself for it -__-
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I eat fruit all the time and yet I've lost 26lbs, quite a bit of fat, and dropped 4 pants sizes. And I've enjoyed my blueberries, my banana, and the half an apple I've consumed so far today.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    No fruit or any other kind of food makes u fat,you make you fat
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    SIGH,

Eating more calories than you burn MAKES YOU FAT. It is irrelevant which foods you eat. Some are healthier than others but none will make you gain weight unless you eat more of it than you should be. Some supposedly slow down your metabolism, but that is still primarily speculation...
  • CressidaJL
    CressidaJL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    double-facepalm.jpg
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure most of us aren't on here because we eat too many apples...
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... hard to explain why there is so much fruit in my diary and yet I weigh 100 pounds less than I did in March of this year....
  • JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's the daily mail. Enough said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Fact: You should never eat ANYTHING! It will ALL make you fat! All you really should eat, to maintain a healthy lifestyle is water and air!
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Fact: You should never eat ANYTHING! It will ALL make you fat! All you really should eat, to maintain a healthy lifestyle is water and air!

Oh I don't know... even air is questionable.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It's the daily mail. Enough said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

One of my favorites!
  • AndreaBee
    AndreaBee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    double-facepalm.jpg

You're relying on the Daily Mail?!? oh boy
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I hate news scare stories that present a theoretical possibility for maybe 3 percent of the population as a serious danger for the average person.

Is it possible to chub up on fruit? Yep. Is it likely? Nope.

And then they talk about smoothies!!! Smoothies are not fruit! Or at least they're not the way most people take them.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options

Hold on there. What kind of water are we talking about? It better be low carb, sugar free, organic water.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Oh I don't know... even air is questionable.

and water makes you feel bloated, so i guess we are scr&wed
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    ycnqb.jpg
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options

Truth!!

I'm all the proof you need. I used to eat fast food and drink sodas like every day, and I weighed 215 pounds. Then I started eating berries and nuts and sometimes even bananas instead. Now I weigh 125. That's how fat those evil fruit calories have made me =(
  • BurkYoung
    Options

Hold on there. What kind of water are we talking about? It better be low carb, sugar free, organic water.

lolololololol nice