Not that I'm an alcoholic or anything but....

Options
124»

Replies

• missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Just from personal experience, I find the less I drink, the better. I lose weight quickly. I'm not wasting time being hungover. I'm not undoing all the work I've put into getting healthy, which means not putting harmful things into my body. It's one of those things where if you can, just skip it. You might feel like **** for a week when you first stop, and it's hard adjusting your social life, but if you can't drink in moderation then you shouldn't drink at all :-/

This is what I'm thinking. I feel like death warmed over the whole weekend if I drink. It's awful. I get nothing accomplished and I eat like you wouldn't believe. Day 1 today. We shall see how it goes!
  • missmacsays
    Options
    To me when you take out anything from your diet cold turkey the results are immediate. Like if you are a huge soda or juice all day person and in my case a few glasses of red you lose those extra calories so there has to be a positive result from that. I stick to red wine so it can at least be heart healthy and try to limit myself to 2. I find that you may be thumb-twiddling for a few days then the cravings over. Alcohol is bad in soooo many ways and it makes everyone look puffy and I mean like bloat. Its important to just make priorities do you wanna party hard and not love your body or do you want to sacrifice the vice for a moment to improve your overall health and look. If you go cold turkey busy yourself. That is def a better idea than trying to limit your intake because once you drink your decisions become poorer and you will not be able to probably just have a small amount. Good luck!

I will definitely try to keep myself busy. Throughout the week isn't a problem really because I can't drink and work thirds. I do love wine. Maybe once I get past this month and get myself out of the routine of downing alcohol, I can get into a routine where I can have a glass or two on the weekends and not just pound beer and liquor. Thank you for the advice though!
  • missmacsays
    Options
    I used to drink A LOT. When I cut back a lot I was loosing more weight, but then my tolerance dramatically dropped. So when I'd just go out on the weekends I'd get plowed off a few drinks compared to the dozens. So be careful;). I still like to have a few on the weekends, but that's all I can handle. It took a few mishaps, but I finally got it down and even if I go over just a bit on the weekends I still keep loosing. Probably not as much as I could, but I like my glasses of wine, and I'm still doing great. Good luck, just keep track so you don't go over too much:)

I'll be happy if my tolerance gets lowered. That'd help me tremendously lol. But I'm still gonna rough it out for the month and see how I do. Thank you :]
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I've decided in the spirit of commiting myself to this new healthy lifestyle, I've got to make changes. The biggest one is to cut back an extreme amount on alochol. If you viewed my food diary during the week, you'd probably think it decent. If you viewed it on the weekend, you'd think it's atrocious. It's true, I probably consume more calories in alcohol than I do in food on the weekends. And I go out for meals more frequently on the weekends, so that's saying something. That being said, moderation would be okay, but I don't trust myself to be "moderate" and I want to know how much of a difference it makes to live a sober lifestyle as opposed to ruining all my hard work during the week by binging on the weekends.
    The purpose of this post you might ask? Can anyone give me tips/advice/suggestions/their personal stories/stories they've heard/stories they've read/etc/etc of quitting drinking cold turkey? Do people withdraw from it? Does it help you lose more weight? These are the kinds of things I'd like to know. Please share if you could. And feel free to add me if you think you're up for the challenge of keeping me in line with this decision :]
    Not myself, but my brother definitely lost that "beer belly" when he quit drinking cold turkey. I would try it. xoxo I'd love to add you too if you want. I need all the support I can find as of lately.