New people...sigh

Options

Replies

• hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    my phone does phone calls - takes pictures too but I've never worked out how to get them off it. I do this stuff through my netbook.
    I can't type with my thumb.
    I am an MFP failure, obviously
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Andddd they're off, whatever happened to a civilized exchange of opinions... *SIGH*
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Andddd they're off, whatever happened to a civilized exchange of opinions... *SIGH*

They died with the advent of the internet?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Told!
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options

They died with the advent of the internet?

You may well have hit the nail on the head :P
  • JoeyJoJoShabadu
    Options
    If you haven't taken the time to fill out your profile or put an avatar up, why in the heck would I think your dedicated to being active on this website?

Just sayin

I don't need no profile to rock this mutha. 37 pounds lost without social intervention, you mad?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If you haven't taken the time to fill out your profile or put an avatar up, why in the heck would I think your dedicated to being active on this website?

Just sayin

Parts I found annoying about this post:

The first sentence,

and the last sentence.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I suppose they'll just have to move on with their pathetic little lives without the grace of your magnificent online friendship.

Losers!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I think there is more to being active and dedication than an avatar and profile information.

I swear lately, it's like people are picking out the tiniest things to complain about on this site!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Perhaps people like their privacy? Perhaps they don't have the technological means / know-how to put up a pic? Perhaps they don't know what to say in the profile. (Sorry, but "Mommy trying to lose weight!" is terribly overdone.) And why should they give a crap who likes their level of dedication? Jus' sayin'...
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Like - they may be just using MFP to log their own food and activity diary and don't actually want to get into the whole so called community thing? jus' sayin'

^^This^^. Not everyone wants to be part of the community they just want to use the tools available. You can be serious about weight loss without broadcasting it to the world.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Just sayin

Perhaps they don't care if you think they're dedicated to being active or not.......

just sayin.....
  • indigo_rose
    Options

Just sayin

here is a quarter.

go buy some get over yourself.

Lol!!! Oh I am so using that.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Well in all fairness she did not say it had to be a pic of you :P But even an avatar tells something about a person, maybe the type of humour they have or the art they like and that type of thing :)

And I'm editing to say that I am assuming she is talking about the people who try to add her as friends ;)

Probably so. In that case, it's fair to want to know a little something about the people you're interacting with. Helps people feel connected and get a feel for the individual. I know I wouldn't want to friend a question mark mystery person.

If it's just a person minding their own business and wanting to stay private, then who cares? But if it's someone attempting to form some sort of relationship (even the simplest connection to another being) we kind of want details, right? What makes you unique? What do we have in common? Etc... :flowerforyou:

ETA: Sorry, I forgot to say "Just sayin" at the end. I noticed that's big on this thread...just sayin' :wink:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    "If you haven't taken the time to fill out your profile or put an avatar up, why in the heck would I think your dedicated to being active on this website?

Just sayin " <~~~~~~~~~~~~THEY PROBABLY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Controlling people. Sigh.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I never care if they have or not....I'm just happy they are giving it a try : )
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

Just sayin

Wow this is incredibly judgemental. Way to stay classy. Some need to protect their privacy. Some aren't 100% comfortable with themselves yet. Other switch avatars often. Who are you to pass judgement on reasons why people do what they do. My FL is full of all kinds of pics, avatars and people. They are all here trying their best, some are more active than others and I respect that. Oh, and some have a life outside of MFP (shocker I know).

So, before you get your knickers in a wad next time why don't you think it through before you post something so trite.
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    StopLettingPeopleControlSoMuch.jpg
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I swear lately, it's like people are picking out the tiniest things to complain about on this site!

The current trend here is to complain about the people complaining, which in turn has led to a further set of people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining. I think we all know what comes next.