JUNE STARTERS ~ JAN 24 WEIGH-IN

Options

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    I have an awesome hubby who stays home with the kiddos so I can go to the gym... Thank goodness for him or I wouldn't be able to go at all!!

YAY for awesome supportive husbands!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Such great losses this week. I can't believe so many of you moved down into the next 10's. That was my goal for next week was to get into the 140's, now its not a goal its a mission. You are all so inspiring!!:smile:

And of course then there is Courtney just 7 pounds away from goal. You are still going down in weight after what was it 3 weeks away at the holidays and now doing exams, both reasons I would use to slack of if I'm honest.

You all give me the drive to carry on. Thanks June starters!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    okay so as some of you know i'm taking a break from weight loss in order to train for my half marathon, but I want to continue to weigh in here on Thursdays to make sure things don't get out of hand (as we all know they could).

SW: 224
    LW: 187
    CW: 188.5 (I'm trying not to get really upset about this)

My new goal is to stay below 189 during my training. I can definitey tell that I've gain a ton of muscle in my legs already and I've only been running for 3 weeks. I'm going to take my measurements tomorrow and try to keep track that way. Like I said I don't want to start gaining tons of weight but I'm going to try to be okay with maintaining where I am. Of course if I lose weight along the way that would be excellent!!!

I really don't think you will gain "a ton of weight" running!!! LIke I said, I have never seen a FAT runner :drinker:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    okay so as some of you know i'm taking a break from weight loss in order to train for my half marathon, but I want to continue to weigh in here on Thursdays to make sure things don't get out of hand (as we all know they could).

SW: 224
    LW: 187
    CW: 188.5 (I'm trying not to get really upset about this)

My new goal is to stay below 189 during my training. I can definitey tell that I've gain a ton of muscle in my legs already and I've only been running for 3 weeks. I'm going to take my measurements tomorrow and try to keep track that way. Like I said I don't want to start gaining tons of weight but I'm going to try to be okay with maintaining where I am. Of course if I lose weight along the way that would be excellent!!!

I really don't think you will gain "a ton of weight" running!!! LIke I said, I have never seen a FAT runner :drinker:

let's hope i don't buck the trend :wink:
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    I don't think you will gain much either. I have a very close friend who worked out at the gym all the time and later became a runner. She loves the gym but said nothing made her lose fat like running. She gained a little at first too I think it was her muscles response to the new vigorous activity. Anyways she dropped a ton of weight and got really lean. She stopped running because of shin splints but is able to maintain the loss with gym workouts.

I know everyone is different, but once your body gets into the groove I think you will start melting away. Like KJ said I have never seen a fat runner.:wink:

But yes we want you to still weigh in with us. You are still a June Starter!! I plan to remain a JS even after I have reached my weight goal. I hope to check in with maintenance numbers and fitness goals!

I can't wait to be on maintenance.
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I don't think you will gain much either. I have a very close friend who worked out at the gym all the time and later became a runner. She loves the gym but said nothing made her lose fat like running. She gained a little at first too I think it was her muscles response to the new vigorous activity. Anyways she dropped a ton of weight and got really lean. She stopped running because of shin splints but is able to maintain the loss with gym workouts.

I know everyone is different, but once your body gets into the groove I think you will start melting away. Like KJ said I have never seen a fat runner.:wink:

But yes we want you to still weigh in with us. You are still a June Starter!! I plan to remain a JS even after I have reached my weight goal. I hope to check in with maintenance numbers and fitness goals!

I can't wait to be on maintenance.

Thanks for telling me about your friend, it's been really hard for me to accept that I may gain some weight at first but hearing stories like this really encourage me! Also, I can't wait to be on maintenance either!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Here's my shoes and dress for med school prom!! :bigsmile: Hope this works....

CIMG2149-1.jpg

CIMG2154-1.jpg
  • courtney_love2001
    Options
    Never mind...fixed it!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    GORGEOUS!!!! I especially LOVE the shoes!!!
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    Looks great Courtney. Make sure you post a picture of yourself in it!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ladies.... I continue to get this message when I "complete" my food log:

Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum.

It is soooo HARD for me to get my calories in...especially when I exercise....and I do that most of the days... Does anyone else have this problem? When I eat more I feel gross and bloated. It is like my body has adjusted to eating less and any more is just too much... Any suggestions?

BTW: I decided to try on a pair of my size 14 jeans (I have about 5 or 6 pair) and I got them up, but couldn't button or zip them without laying on the bed and feeling STUFFED in them... BUT!!!!!! I got them on!!!! I couldn't even get them passed my hips in June! So, that as exciting! :)
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Courtney, love the dress and shoes! You'll have to post the pictures with you modelling them!

Kandy, congrats on getting the jeans on. Soon they'll be a part of your wardrobe and it'll be like you got 5 new pair of pants! And for eating your calories, maybe just try adding some calorie-dense foods? Almonds and most nuts are yummy and have lots of cals. Or maybe add a glass of milk in somewhere? If you're feeling gross and bloated maybe what you're eating isn't jiving with your body, maybe you have some sensitivities to some foods (lactose and gluten intolerances are quite common).
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Thanks, schlieffen! I will keep your suggestions in mind... I don't think I have any food sensitivities...never really noticed anything like this before...just when I started eating less... Could be entirely psychological...

I amped up my breakfast today... I figured I would try to get in more calories there... We'll see how that works... I feel REALLY full right now and all I had was toast with peanut butter, 1 egg and 1 thin slice of ham... GEEZ!!!! I feel like I'm going to pop!!! BUT I usually go REALLY light on breakfast because I don't like eating in the morning.... I know that needs to change, but I have been making baby steps.. I at least eat toast with peanut butter in the morning... Seems to be the only thing that even sounds good when I think about breakfast... its fast, easy and portable! :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ok, just wanted to pop in and show you guys the damage from Breakfast! This is insane!!!

I added a cup of milk and drank a Special K protein water:

calories:715 carbs:49 Fat:40 protein: 48 (that is my limit for protein today)

That is just insane!!! More and more I am coming to the point that I realize I have NO IDEA HOW TO EAT!!!! Where is a happy medium? How do you get your calories and not go over on fat or protein?!!!!! This is frustrating!!!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    YAY! It's done the SS is done!!

Congrats Yellowhouse!!!!!!
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    Ok, just wanted to pop in and show you guys the damage from Breakfast! This is insane!!!

That is just insane!!! More and more I am coming to the point that I realize I have NO IDEA HOW TO EAT!!!! Where is a happy medium? How do you get your calories and not go over on fat or protein?!!!!! This is frustrating!!!

Okay first of all breath deeply

I am certainly no expert but if I could offer some friendly advice that has worked for me it would be this...

I totally agree about adding more calorie dense foods. Eg to breakfast (which I did not eat consistently until I started here, or when pregnant) I started using whole milk in my coffee (usually about a half a cups worth in my obscene amount of coffee) this not only upped my calories in a healthy way, but my calcium which I struggle with since I hate hate hate milk (yuck). I usually have my coffee and either Kashi with All Bran buds or an english muffin with PB&J. At 10 I try to fit in a snack of fruit with cheese of yogurt (did I mention I hate milk and need all the calcium I can get?).

I would up your protein. I was always over on it and after some careful reading discovered that it allows for very little protein. Just keep them lean. I eat fish a couple of times a week which packs a powerful protein punch with very few calories. by no means do low carb, just up your protein a little and make sure you get in your complex carbs. Never stress about going over your protein as long as you got your healthy carbs in for the day. I mean if you just sit down to meat at every meal then yeah way to much protein without anything to push it out of your body.

My body did not shall we say "function" properly until I figured this out. I always was bloated, never got "cleaned out" and felt like I was full even before I finished my calories. Train yourself to see protein as you friend that keeps you feeling full, and your carbs as the friend that cleans up the leftover mess afterwards when your body got what it needed. We all have friends that are the life of the party (protein) and friends that stay afterwards to help with clean up (carbs) and we also know it is rarely the same person.

What has worked for me is eliminating red meat and anything made from pig. I eat tons of chicken, turkey and fish. I know that i not the answer for everyone, but my suggestion is find something you can live with FOREVER.

BTW I will still have the occasional piece of steak or beef if I am out or I made slow cooker roast which I can't resist (but it has only happened may once every 2 months). I will never give up anything forever, which is how I make changes I can live with.

You are going to do great. I went to the library and took out a bunch of books on the subject, it helped a lot. Eating Clean, Jillian Michaels, and Skinny B!tch were my 3 fav's. I still don't eat clean all the time, but I think 75-80% of the time is a good start, and something I can live with.:wink:
  • kandyjo
    Options

Okay first of all breath deeply

I am certainly no expert but if I could offer some friendly advice that has worked for me it would be this...

I totally agree about adding more calorie dense foods. Eg to breakfast (which I did not eat consistently until I started here, or when pregnant) I started using whole milk in my coffee (usually about a half a cups worth in my obscene amount of coffee) this not only upped my calories in a healthy way, but my calcium which I struggle with since I hate hate hate milk (yuck). I usually have my coffee and either Kashi with All Bran buds or an english muffin with PB&J. At 10 I try to fit in a snack of fruit with cheese of yogurt (did I mention I hate milk and need all the calcium I can get?).

I would up your protein. I was always over on it and after some careful reading discovered that it allows for very little protein. Just keep them lean. I eat fish a couple of times a week which packs a powerful protein punch with very few calories. by no means do low carb, just up your protein a little and make sure you get in your complex carbs. Never stress about going over your protein as long as you got your healthy carbs in for the day. I mean if you just sit down to meat at every meal then yeah way to much protein without anything to push it out of your body.

My body did not shall we say "function" properly until I figured this out. I always was bloated, never got "cleaned out" and felt like I was full even before I finished my calories. Train yourself to see protein as you friend that keeps you feeling full, and your carbs as the friend that cleans up the leftover mess afterwards when your body got what it needed. We all have friends that are the life of the party (protein) and friends that stay afterwards to help with clean up (carbs) and we also know it is rarely the same person.

What has worked for me is eliminating red meat and anything made from pig. I eat tons of chicken, turkey and fish. I know that i not the answer for everyone, but my suggestion is find something you can live with FOREVER.

BTW I will still have the occasional piece of steak or beef if I am out or I made slow cooker roast which I can't resist (but it has only happened may once every 2 months). I will never give up anything forever, which is how I make changes I can live with.

You are going to do great. I went to the library and took out a bunch of books on the subject, it helped a lot. Eating Clean, Jillian Michaels, and Skinny B!tch were my 3 fav's. I still don't eat clean all the time, but I think 75-80% of the time is a good start, and something I can live with.:wink:

Thank you!!! Lots of info! I LOVE it!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    Options
    Thanks for the comments girls, and I will def post pics of me modeling them! :) It's valentine's weekend so I won't be so miserable by myself haha.

Kandy, I find myself going from times when I hardly want to eat at all to when I am ravaging. Last week was a "I don't wanna eat anything" and this week is "me cookie monster." It all evens itself out in the end I suppose...I have never been able to eat all my exercise cals. If I am short, I will strive to get to 1200 with a cup of chocolate milk or something, but I don't force myself any more than that. And it has worked so far, so why not? Hope you get everything figured out; looks like there are some good tips already posted!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    One of these days I will find a happy medium! LOL I went over on my calories today by 110... GEEZ!!! Anyway, I got a good workout in tonight so I feel much better!!
    Thanks everyone for your input!! It is very much appreciated!!!

Courtney, can't wait to see the pics!!
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    110 calories, thats hardly anything! I am taking my daughter out for a girls day. She has been wanting to try this amazing Sushi place we have in town that my husband, my oldest son and I all love. I plan to thoroughly enjoy myself (then come home and work my butt off on the elliptical).

I am still hoping to make it into the 140's this week, but for today I am just thinking about my girlie day and all you can eat Sushi!! Wish me luck for Wednesday, I think I will need it!

Happy weekend June Starters!