What is the most weight you've ever lost...then gained back?

Options
I was 220, got down to 110, then back up to 160, then back down to 125 then back up to 140, now I'm around 137...trying to get to 125

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    45lbs lost, 45lbs gained. lost for my wedding 14 years ago, gained over the course of 14 years. :) down 13, 32 to go.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    140lbs lost 130lbs gained..

wasnt a good time... but now 24lbs lost and comfortable happy and planning sensibly for the future with lots of experience under my belt
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    i was never overweight until i had a stroke, then gained over about 8 years.. highest weight was 246. started at MFP at 233. im currently tottering at 200...

I hope and pray i dont gain.

Questions for those who HAVE gained...

What made you gain it back? I dont want to go back there. What are the mistakes you made?
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    When I stop paying attention to what I eat and how much. I start gaining. I get too complacent with my weight and lose control of it.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    From 72lbs to 115lbs, then 115lbs to 94.5lbs. Now I am at roughly 100.
  • joconnor09
    Options
    Lost and gained the whole time growing up. I think the most lost was about 20 pounds when I was put on a diet as a kid, gained it all back plus some. Then, of course my most recent was a few years ago losing about 15 pounds walking around Europe and starting college- gained it all back plus 30 pounds. Now I'm down 29, with ~40-50 left to go.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    after marrying my ex..I gained 60 pounds...now..lost 40 pounds..and happy..

I am now more educated as far as what to eat, how much, and when..so I cant forsee my weight going back up unless its a medical issue..but then I already have several..and now weight can be controlled..
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    30 lbs. I was (sometimes still am) an emotional eater. A lot was happening in my life that got me a bit down & I burned that emotion on unhealthy food choices. I felt draggy & lazy & cared less about getting any exercise. I gained the 30lbs in about 1 year. :( It was not a good time in my life & I think I've learned from it & know what to do to keep it from ever happening again.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    45 lost and 80 gained :sad:
    but I'm back on the right track and doing it right this time. :drinker:
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Was 191 or less throughout high school... Got up to 210 before the ex... I was up to 350 lost 60 gained it back after fen/phen went off market... then got down to 248 from 360 on weight watchers... Premie son born in 1999... Gained back to 385 Lost 220 worthless pounds for good (ex)... Lost to 315 on weight watchers... Gained back to 425 before I came on here... So lots of weight lost over the years... This time no gimmicks and no plans... just counting and being responsible for my actions.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    i was never overweight until i had a stroke, then gained over about 8 years.. highest weight was 246. started at MFP at 233. im currently tottering at 200...

I hope and pray i dont gain.

Questions for those who HAVE gained...

What made you gain it back? I dont want to go back there. What are the mistakes you made?

Always be consciensious of what you eat and how your clothes fit and feel. Don't get "too comfortable" you will gain it back and then some if you allow yourself to just buy something that fits. When/if things start getting "snug" change whatever you have become lax on. If you haven't become lax and are gaining for no apparent reason, of course see your doctor right away.

I kept all my bigger clothes when I lost. As I started gaining it back I didn't even consider the fact I was putting on larger clothes to be comfortable. I had them, no expense, no worry, "whatever". Before I knew it I was out of larger clothes and having to buy. THEN I had surgery to remove my thyroid, that was two years ago. I BALOONED, FAST.

Now, I've changed my diet, gotten off diabetes meds, lost 47lbs, feel great, and I don't keep my "fatty stashy" of clothes because once I get where I want to be I will keep that and the size up (for TOM because I bloat BAD) and won't have anything else to fall back on.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I was 350 and I lost about 85 pounds, getting me down to 265. I was doing really good and I felt fantastic, but then on vacation we went to an amusement park and the first ride we got on, I couldn't ride even after losing all that weight. I was devastated, and sure, I could ride everything else we tried that day, but I got down on myself because I was working so hard and I STILL couldn't do much. I was stupid to let that one thing cause me to stop all my hard work, because now I'm even bigger than when I started back then! I wish I could go back in time and kick myself for it.
  • I was at 190
    Dropped to 125

I gained back about 20 which I am working on now.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I went from 161 to 128, then I managed (over time) to creep that scale up to 177.. that was 6 mos ago. I am 138 now and still on the downward trend! I will not let me, get lazy and fat again. Not happening.
  • maisiemoo2
    maisiemoo2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I stop paying attention to what I eat and how much. I start gaining. I get too complacent with my weight and lose control of it.

This is totally true of me, it is very depressing when i add up all the weight i have lost if only it stayed off.

I can recall my weight at most of the big occasions in my life not when or where but what i weighed :(
  • yesiam07
    Options
    in mid 2007 to beginning of 2008 i lost 92lbs and them my father passed away and i gained all 92lbs back plus some but now ive lost 83lbs again and looking at it as a lifestyle not a diet which helps to stick with it
  • maisiemoo2
    maisiemoo2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have lost 28lb and gained it back many times , 2 years ago i lost 70lb and felt "normal" was wearing jeans etc but i lost my beloved dog and just lost the motivation and turned back to food although i only felt worse when nothing fitted i have gained back 28lb and am trying desperately to stop the damage before i am back to where i started
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Lost 40 lbs in 2010-2011.
    Late 2011 change of med gained 20 lbs.
    Early 2012 change of meds again 20lbs

There goes all my progress. So I'm back at sqaure one. :/
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My highest ever was 166. I got back down to 132 then went on Mirena and was at 158 when I finally got the horrible thing out and I'm finally losing again.
  • marissa4354
    Options
    237 to 145.
    Back up to 210, currently 180, trying to get back to 145.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!