What is the most weight you've ever lost...then gained back?

Options

Replies

• Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    I started at 287lbs, dropped to 204lbs now im at 223 lbs. and trying to gain more.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    1998 High school weight 190

2001 married weight 230

2004 lowest weight 180

2006 went up to 240

2008 weight loss clinic 210

2010 pregnancy 270

2011 lost baby weight 225

2012 gained some back 243

now 237

OMG I'VE NEVER MADE THIS LIST BEFORE!!! i really go up and down!!! THIS IS SO HELPFUL!! thanks!

51 lbs is the most i've ever lost..and gained back
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I was 168 then went to 135 LBS 15 years ago. Went up to 202 LBS about 18 months ago and now I'm 175.
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    220 down to 180 back to 215 then as of now 194

So lost 40 and gained back 35

And now im 194 so have lost 21 yay and im gonna keep going!!!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Few years ago: I was 160...got down to 135....over a couple years reached 190...now my current weight is 162.

Not fun. Once I reach my GW I'm determined to keep it there.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    LOL... I've lost and gained, lost and gained, lost and gained, for about 15 years. Finally I got what I wanted by ditching all the various fad diets I'd done for 15 years and just ate less. It worked. Now I use MFP to just keep my maintenance calorie budget. I'M NEVER GOING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I've maintained for over a year and I'm almost 52 years old, I know I can do this now. I KNOW IT.

Oh the amount. I lost 60 lbs and have kept it off for over a year now. It's the most I've lost, even with all the previous yo-yo's.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I lost and gained back 100 pounds from my early to late 20s.
  • GaPeachRealtor
    Options
    50ish or so lost ...said I do... gained 45ish back in 2 years! Down 14 now still more to go!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Lost 30lbs and thousands of dollars on LA weight Loss many years ago. Have been a yo-yo dieter ever since. Since joining MFP i have realized that maintaining a healthy weight ,one has to undergo a total behavioral and lifestyle change.
  • kuzurichan
    Options
    Back when I was 15, I was put on medication that made me gain 100 lbs - I lost that.

But then, in 2010, I got ill again and was put on the same medication (and on bed-rest). I gained it all back, and although I've lost 28 lbs so far, there are still plenty to go!
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Gained 20lbs in 2010. Lost 30lbs since then and now am lowest weight I've ever been. Hoorah!
  • rpm2012
    rpm2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    285 heaviest down to 185, back up to 235 now 3 weeks back on track and 17 lbs down
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When I stop paying attention to what I eat and how much. I start gaining. I get too complacent with my weight and lose control of it.

Interesting... I stopped counting my calories a few weeks ago. Your comment is making me think twice about letting it go. You see, I really don't want to have to count calories for the rest of my life, but I don't want to gain it back.

Does anybody have any experience with stopping counting their calories and not gaining it back? I mean you would think, that after awhile, you would know the calories you're eating after tracking it so much...
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I was at 343, lost to 313 by myself. Had lap band surgery and lost 102lbs down to 211 because I couldn't eat anything. Gained back to 285 and now I'm at 253 doing it the right way.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    ummm not including when i was pregnant cause i was almost 200lbs then...but i also had pre-e

but after my 3rd baby i was about 150lbs...dropped down to 128lbs in 3 weeks time (yes this actually happened major stress overload) so that was about 22-25lbslbs.....then i gained it all back and then some when i started eating again and the highest i weighed myself wass 162.5....that was my breaking point....
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My weight normally was at 125 for a long time. I lost 7 lbs and then gained 24 lbs=low 118 lbs, high 142 lbs
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    In 2009, I lost 30 pounds living in the dorms, over 3 months, and gained it all back over the summer, when I was back home with my family.

I should probably also mention that I was bulimic and starved myself to 500 calories a day, then, which obviously was the reason for me not maintaining the weight loss.
  • ConnieHann
    Options
    I was once 220 and lost 118 lbs. and ten years past and got up to 183 then dropped to 126 and now started at 186.6 and so far down to 166.6 I need a big boost to lose for I am much older and it is much harder
  • olliekat3
    olliekat3 Posts: 1,780 Member
    Options
    Almost three years ago I was very sick. I could not eat anything, or keep much down and I lost 110 lbs, and I was obese when I got sick. When I was sick I could only stomach one Ensure a day, or a bowl of noodles with nothing on them, so I knew when I was well and my appetite came back that the battle would be on. I was right, I have gained about 90 lbs. back with periods of being on Weight Watchers and walking on the treadmill and I am also hypothyroid now. So I am back were I started and the going is very slow, but I want so badly to have that 110 lbs off again. Even though I was sick when I had lost the 110 lbs I remember how free I felt not being so heavy. I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Lynn
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ive gained and lost 100 lbs twice. This will be my third time losing. But I absolutely refuse to gain it back again. Im doing it the right way this time..slowly. Its alot harder this time, I chalk it up to being older. As long as the scale number is decreasing, Im happy with that. Good luck on your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!