What is the most weight you've ever lost...then gained back?

Options

Replies

• dorilou1969
    Options
    in 1995 I got down to about 135 from around 180
    gained it all back and topped off at 202
    down to 152 now and still heading back to 135!
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    210 to 150 to 235 to 142 to 319. Now am 275 and committed to slow and steady winning the race.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 lbs from middle school to high school (180-130). Then gained 15 in Freshman year, lost 20...(125)...started to gain senior year of college and in 4 years got to my highest weight of 190...then I got pregnant! I'm back at 190 after first baby, but I'm pregnant again...kind of want to at least get into the 180s this pregnancy!
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    My high was 175. Life factors, depression, not taking care of myself, and a very evil little medicine that caused me to gain a lot of weight got me there.

My low was 120.

My happy weight is 130-135. (I'm 5'7")
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    237 down to 162 back up to 231 and back down to 193...also lost from 189 to 135 and went back up to 220 before :noway:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My experience is I don't start gaining when I stop counting calories. I start gaining when I start eating crap food and lots of it...and stop exercising! I actually recently lost 35 pounds without counting any calories at all.
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I lost 60, got down to 199 then over the next 9 years I gained 115 lbs putting me at 314. Right now I'm between 220 & 223.
  • sugarterminator
    Options
    Highest 280
    Lowest 164
    Back up to 240
    Currently 211 going for 150
  • caitsaunt
    caitsaunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was around 115-120 in my teens and early 20s - 140s in my late 20s and early 30s with occasional visits to the 150s. By my mid-30s I had somehow landed in the upper 180s. I had my first baby, and was happy to find I lost all my baby weight plus 25 lbs, down to the 160s. When I quit pumping at work after his first birthday, my weight crept back and by the time I got pregnant with baby #2 it was back up to the upper 180s. I didn't lose as easily as I did the first time, it took me a year to get back to pre-pregnancy weight.

Then I lost about 20 doing low carb, gained it back - lost 30 doing WW, gained it back... I've crept back up to the upper 180s again.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I started at 220, lost 68 pounds (152), then gained 46 back (198). Started again, lost 20 (178), then sort of took the summer "off". I didn't gain any, but I didn't lose either. Now I'm back at it and hoping to lose at least 22 more pounds to reach my first goal and then see how it goes from there. ^_^
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The most I had lost was 45 lbs. Went from 320 to 275 then gained back about 13 pounds. Trying to keep that daily focus. One day at a time.
  • katparker
    Options
    I lost almost 70 through WW about 5 years ago. Gained it all back. Have now lost 72 from gastric bypass and WILL NOT gain it back!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Lost 70 after the birth of my 3rd baby. I was an exercise demon. I worked out 10 times a week (no lie) and kept cutting more and more calories. I so badly wanted to break the 130 mark but the most I could do was hover around 129 for a day or so before moving back into the 130s.

Then I got a job (no more stay at home mommy), we moved, and my workout routine was all messed up. Slowly I stopped working out until I wasn't doing it at all. Slowly I started eating foods that I had previously denied myself. I told myself I was tired of not eating what I really wanted to eat and I wanted to enjoy myself, not worry about every crumb that went into my mouth.

In 9 years I gained back 60 of those pounds.

When I joined MFP I swore I wasn't going to go where I went before. I'm cutting back on calories but not cutting foods out of my diet. If I want it, I eat it. I just eat less of it or sacrifice somewhere else in my diet. So far it's working and I've stuck with this longer than any other diet I've done before.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Lost 12lbs (Best friend moved states, and I lost all my appetite for food)
    Gained 22lbs (House parties and clubbing)
    Lost 15lbs (healthy cooking and regular exercise)
  • amandahahn85
    amandahahn85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was 240 then lost 60 pretty quick and then gained back about 80 to almost 260. This time I am in it for the long haul and I am taking it slow. I consider a pound a week, or even no loss/gain, a victory!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I was 175 to 298 to 187 to 289 to 164 to 250 to 198 to 218 to 278 and now I am back down to 232 this is over the coarse of 5 pregnancies and 12 yrs.
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    During my teens to mid 40's, I would lose 30lbs regain it all and sometimes more and then lose some. But, I got bigger every decade. 4 years ago I lost 42 and over 18 months regained 22, however before I regained it all, I started here and have lost 42, with only 4 to go.

It is reassuring, yet sad to read so many of us have this reoccurring problem.

This time it is for keeps, I have thrown away all my fat clothes and I will not buy bigger clothes again.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I was 305lbs, then got down to 207lbs. I gained 33lbs and got up to 240lbs. That is when I found this site. Now I am down to 223lbs. My first goal is 180lbs(I am 5'10").
  • arifrancesca
    Options
    The lowest weight of my adult life was 165, I achieved that through diet pills and slim fast so I guess it is really no wonder I gained it back. My average weight before that was 220, I now weight 295 (was 302 last Friday!). But this is the first time I have counted calories and held myself accountable for what goes in my mouth. So will hopefully be the last time I lose weight!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Ugh....right after I graduated college I was about 180lbs. I got down to 125lbs on Atkins. It took me a good year and a half though to lose that weight. I vowed I would never be heavy again....yeah right. Immediately after I switched back to my "normal" diet I was back up to 150lbs. I didn't let that bother me too much because my body seems to be happiest at that weight and let's face it, it was still 30lbs less than my highest. Then I got super sick 4 years ago and I gained 65lbs in a year and a half! I didn't know it was possible to gain that much in a short time. I'm down only 13.5lbs and it's been such a struggle taking that off. I used to run to manage my weight and relieve my stress. I can't do that anymore and I can't seem to find a suitable replacement so......emotional eating it is!! Grrrr.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!