Are looks enough to get girls?

Options

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Sure, in the long run, looks aren't gonna hold your match, but I sure as heck don't let my eyes travel over a fine man at the gym and think, "Yummy! I can't wait to get my hands on his..... INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY"
    Looks are enough to get my attention, but then you've gotta keep it.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Discuss.

I suspect seeing girls as objects to be 'got' probably won't help.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Some girls. Probably not the sort you'd want to spend much time with though.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I love my ex, my friends do not understand why because to them he's ugly. people always questioned why I was even with him but I think he's beautiful on the inside and out, I love him for who he is. It depends on the girl and whether it's just going to be a fling or relationship. As I've grown up, I've realised looks really aren't everything and there will come a point in that persons life when the looks will fade, but the personality will still be there.

agree. none of the guys i;ve dated are 'typically' good looking. but thats what attracted ME! so in fact, every guy has a chance since people find different things attractive :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    The type that goes for your looks would go for your friends, too ( assuming they had good 'looks).

It's ALL about the $$$$$$$ at the end of the day, dude.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    people are superficial by nature. Notice how the majority of people in this thread unanimously agreed that they need some "good looks in there somewhere" for them to be attracted?

I wish it wasn't that way, for me you need to have some passion ( in something ) and not half *kitten* things to be attractive. I tried online dating and the majority of women only sent me messages such as "Hey" and "Hello" and always my favorite "yo". If I can make the effort to type up four or five personalized sentences after reading someone's profile I want to meet, it would be nice for one of two in return. Don't even get me started about putting the damn cellphone away during a date for 5 minutes.

Ladies, you know you can be just as judgmental about looks as men. In todays society The Beast never gets Beauty, he gets Gaston's axe to the back of the head while Beauty swoons over how brave looking Gaston is. If the beast defends himself and injuries Gaston he's being "an *kitten*"

this swings both ways unfortunately. men too go for the bimbo looking girl who cant string two sentences together and who giggles at his every joke. but damn is she good eye candy! that gorgeous young model type you like? you are focusing on looks.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Personality is the most important. But i wobt go out with an overweight guy. I figure i need to lose weight to attract that sort of person; goes both ways
  • calisunrise
    Options
    I'm not going to lie. Looks are the first thing you notice about a guy. To me, a guy has to look at least decent. But if he's dumb/a *kitten*/has the personality of a bag of potatoes, I won't keep him. Looks matter, but they aren't enought to get a girl.
    Average/decent looking guy with a good personality > handsome *kitten*
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Nowhere near enough, in fact, not important at all. If there is no sense of humour or no kind heart, why would we want a handsome but hollow man?
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    depends on the girl and the situation. if a girl is relatively shallow and wants arm candy, or just a guy to make her feel special, or just a one night stand then maybe. but anything long term? looks are a nice bonus and certainly wont hurt hehe but fundementally personality and how you get along is what will seal the deal.

well in my opinion anyways ^^
  • NOTLUPUS
    Options
    this swings both ways unfortunately. men too go for the bimbo looking girl who cant string two sentences together and who giggles at his every joke. but damn is she good eye candy! that gorgeous young model type you like? you are focusing on looks.

It drives me insane all the time I wasted on the bimbos before I wised up. I could seriously say the most idiotic things and they'd smile and laugh. "Hehe Cuba? That's off of California right?" That's how I met my first girlfriend, I was shooting my mouth off and she called me on my bull****, we got into a fight, which led to angry sex and afterwords we went out and liked each other.

I can't stand the mother hens, "oh my goodness how do you close and come back to work the next day? It must be so hard, you should stay at my place I can take care of you.

It's okay I have an alarm clock at my place and I'm pretty sure she was going to go all Kathy Bates in Misery on me in the middle of the night.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

I don't and never have.

I think what you mean is a lot of guys.

most guys dont like vapid gold diggers with no personality.

girls dont like arrogant airheads, good looking or not.

if you flip the question to "are looks enough to get guys?"

the answer is no, you only need to be a girl.
  • nikilis
    Options

It drives me insane all the time I wasted on the bimbos before I wised up. I could seriously say the most idiotic things and they'd smile and laugh. "Hehe Cuba? That's off of California right?" That's how I met my first girlfriend, I was shooting my mouth off and she called me on my bull****, we got into a fight, which led to angry sex and afterwords we went out and liked each other.

I can't stand the mother hens, "oh my goodness how do you close and come back to work the next day? It must be so hard, you should stay at my place I can take care of you.

It's okay I have an alarm clock at my place and I'm pretty sure she was going to go all Kathy Bates in Misery on me in the middle of the night.

jackie-chan-wtf1.jpg
  • NOTLUPUS
    Options
    Is it 2009? people still use image macro's to respond.
  • nikilis
    Options
    Is it 2009? people still use image macro's to respond.

yes its 2009. although that would be the response in any time period to your post. even victorian times. true story.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I honestly never was very picky in the looks dept.
    I did have high standards for intelligence and morals. I've never regretted it.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

Maybe if he's drunk in a bar but as far as relationship worthy...not even close..at least not for me personally
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Nope. Looks are all a woman needs to get a guy, but looks are almost irrelevant when women look for a man. If a man is smart, responsible, funny, kind etc that's all he needs. Good looks would just be a bonus!

Eh? Because there are no guys who care about more than looks? Because looks alone will always be enough for a woman to keep any man?

*sigh*
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    It's only enough to get someone's inital attention. You have to have more than looks to keep it.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    No. No no no no no. You have to be able to support your self financially and have something to offer in the intelligence department.