Are looks enough to get girls?

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    For me, no.
    Especially not for a life partner.

Even picking "flings" based on looks can leave to being really annoyed!
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No.. Definatly not, looks are important, but personality is even more important! :)
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I told my ex that looks werent the only thing I looked for in a man, for some reason he was surprised! ha ha, I told him in order for it to last with me, he has to make me laugh too. For those of you wondering, he isnt my ex because he failed to do that, we wanted different things out of life so decided to break it off.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    they might get you them, they just won't hang around for long ;P
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    A 12 inch wallet usually wins over looks... :wink:
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Nope. Confidence is the number 1 thing.
    Although being a good looking person can really increase your confidence.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Looks are good enough to get girls........................it's gonna take more than that to keep them though. Some studly looking guys can't perform up to par with a womans standards (bedroom)............some don't know how to treat a woman (emotionally).............and some don't have any interest past getting laid initially anyways. (you just got played..... I hope you're a playa)

^^ Bingo! If you have good looks, it gets someone to look at ya. If you have no idea how to treat someone, looking is where it will end
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    No...you can be the hottest guy on the planet, but if you're a complete imbecile, I'm not interested.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Looks can get only get you so far. But it does help to be attractive!
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Nope. Looks might initially attract, but after that, a man can become ugly if his personality sucks and vice versa. For me, this even extends to actors. So like take Farscape...Criton wasn't that attractive, but now we're far enough in the series his personality has developed and hubba hubba. In MI-5, the most attractive man on that show is Harry...and he's in probably his 50s, has a tiny bit of weight to him, balding, etc. He's hella attractive. Lucas? Such an idiot on all of his decisions that he went from being attractive to "can we just skip him now?" Personality is literally...everything. And intelligence goes with it.

What I love with my boyfriend, he's attractive, but shorter than I normally have gone for. I'm 5'1" and 3/4! I need my fraction. He's 5'8". I used to go for tall guys in the 6 foot range. Most were imbeciles unfortunately. He caught my attention with his humor. He had me rolling laughing all the time. His personality is what I crave and he only becomes more attractive with time because of that personality. When a man can erase all your concerns of the day and make you smile or laugh within 5 minutes in his presence, that's attractive. He's also intelligent, and though he has faults, the personality bonuses more than make up for those. When I first met him, I wasn't interested. He was cute, and I'm often biased -against- cute guys because they're often idiots or too full of themselves. He doesn't take himself seriously when he's being silly, and that's great.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    they may be enough to get a girl, but not enough to keep her
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    To get girls? Yes.

To keep girls? No
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    To get girls? Yes.

To keep girls? No

^^Yes!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Yes, if the 'girl' is equally as shallow and brain dead.

But to get a gorgeous woman of substance, you certainly need more than muscles and a pretty face.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Good enough to get some but usually not enough to keep them. Depends on what the girl is out to get. A quick fling or something a bit more permanent.
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    While married, when I wasn't this is what attracted me: I like smart brunettes or redheads (got to be a genetic thing on that) who approach me with kindness/good manners, intelligence, and a great sense of humor. For me it's all in the eyes and the brains; that can make any man whose physique is "less than Greek" look like Adonis to me. That said, the genetic smell has to be right. From there it's a deeper discovery for the virtues of honesty, loyalty, and a hard work ethic, and compassion for other people.

I will add that I was not looking for anyone at the time I met my now husband, and upon a first meet, I knew he was very special, but not in a romantic way. I just really liked his "way" but it was completely non-sexual. As we got to know each other it was way more casual, like friends, and then suddenly I looked at him about two months later and went :noway: :love: And we've been inseparable ever since. And he's everything in the previous paragraph. :smile:

[Edit: I think it's important to add that my husband later told me that he liked me romantically way before I liked him--like within two weeks of meeting me--but he could sense that I wasn't into it and thought that I was in his words "out of his league," so he stayed the course and thought that he could sway me over time by just being himself, and if it worked, great--then we were well-matched. He was right. :)]
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Looks aren't my priority... I love to be attracted to a guy, but a personality us what REALLY attracts me to someone! X
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Girls...maybe. Women...no.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Of course it is,lets not kid ourselves,is it enough to keep them ? Probnot
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not any worth keeping.