Women can't do pullups

Options
124»

Replies

• _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    When I was 20 pounds lighter I could do 10 - 15 in a row...now I do 3 - 5 in a row, I can barbell row just below my body weight at the moment.

Thats awesome and inspiring! Im currently *almost* able to do a pull up. I can do a bunch of slow negatives... its getting there. IT WILL HAPPEN!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I saw a smoking hot woman around my age cranking out pull-up after pull-up at the gym last month and have decided I won't be happy until I can do it too.

ETA: Currently, I can do lat pulldowns at 60% of my body weight and barbell rows at 50%, so I'm a ways off but improving every day!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am fairly certain that women who can do pullups have hidden willies.

In fact, to support my theory, I present the following for evidence: a woman at my gym can do about 20 of them, but while doing them, she grunts in ways that would put most powerlifters to shame.

Now, we all know that women don't grunt in the gym, so she must really be a man.

<
    no hidden pecker!!

Dammit...there goes that theory. Hmm...you must be on steroids then, because according to the media, women can't be strong without them, and we all know that newspapers are always right...especially the editorials.

Secret sauce......shake weight!!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    133515_340.jpg