Pooping...

Replies

• miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    This is one of those, "I'll never look at any of you the same way again" type threads... :noway:

At least the OP isn't one of those who is asking if he should weigh his poop lol :P
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    2-4 times a day. If i am feeling a little backed up, more water and magnesium citrate. One pill will keep you semi regular, two will make you afraid to sneeze.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Pooing is private! :angry:
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    I'm amazed at the 2-4 poop brigade. What on earth are you eating? I'm a once a day person.
  • My bowels take after my mother's, unfortunately. At best, I go every other day. Typically every 3-4 days.

It's not difficult or painful, but I always feel stopped up. I can't go on command; there has to be an "urge". If I'm not able to go when I get that urge, it'll be at least another day before I can go again.

Ditto. I go every 3-4 days. I have tried EVERYTHING to go more regularly. Magnesium Citrate (not glycinate!) is the best I have come to getting "regular"
  • issystclaire
    issystclaire Posts: 113 Member
    I think it is safe to say that "regularity" will be different from person-to-person. For myself, I know when I am eating healthily and working out regularly, i go once-twice per day (usually always once in the morning). When I eat like crap I notice I only go about once every two-three days. Imo, it's bc my body is hoarding all the nasties/wastes it shold be processing and not getting rid of them properly.

I would suggest you ask your doctor about it if you are worried something may be irregular with your digestive processes.
  • I used to go 3 times a day and now I am lucky to go once/ day!! I don't like it! Even taking a fiber laxative daily isn't helping me yet. :/ Dumb.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    I'm amazed at the 2-4 poop brigade. What on earth are you eating? I'm a once a day person.

in my food diary, im always a good bit over on my fiber... so maybe that has something to do with it
    i also drink a TONNN of water.. 8-12 16oz servings per day

and also right after my "first of the day" poop, my breakfast usually causes another one too lol... might be the apple

and if it doesnt happen after breakfast it usually will happen after dinner
  • stines72
    My bowels take after my mother's, unfortunately. At best, I go every other day. Typically every 3-4 days.

It's not difficult or painful, but I always feel stopped up. I can't go on command; there has to be an "urge". If I'm not able to go when I get that urge, it'll be at least another day before I can go again.

Ditto. I go every 3-4 days. I have tried EVERYTHING to go more regularly. Magnesium Citrate (not glycinate!) is the best I have come to getting "regular"

do you get stomach cramps from being backed up?? i used to b e on medication that caused constipation and i went every 3-4 days (not naturally) and i always got really bad stomach cramps after eating anything.. made me afraid to eat
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Somewhere around the first month of logging and eating healthy with MFP, I got very very constipated as my friends can attest lol. I even bought a serious sodium laxative at CVS. It took a day or two after I took the laxative for me to become regular again but I do believe that it helped. My body is used to all the fiber now I think and things are pretty regular these days.
  • stines72
    Somewhere around the first month of logging and eating healthy with MFP, I got very very constipated as my friends can attest lol. I even bought a serious sodium laxative at CVS. It took a day or two after I took the laxative for me to become regular again but I do believe that it helped. My body is used to all the fiber now I think and things are pretty regular these days.

you think the fiber caused it? thats interesting
    or maybe you mean just the stress of the sudden change on your body?
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    I have crohns, so i cant be considered normal.. but my "normal" is every 4-5 days..

when i have a flare, i go 20-30 times a day. (not over estimating there ...)

I eat approximately 4 apples and about a pound of other fruits per day.. and i STILL only go every 4-5 days. Thankfully, i havent had a flare in several months!
  • While dieting on my 900 calorie a day diet, I only have to poop about every other day. Then I always lose weight the next day on the scale.
  • loner_nell
    loner_nell Posts: 17 Member
    1-2 times a day
    most of the time only 1.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Everyday especially if I eat cashews.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    While dieting on my 900 calorie a day diet, I only have to poop about every other day. Then I always lose weight the next day on the scale.

Why only 900 calories?
  • stines72
    While dieting on my 900 calorie a day diet, I only have to poop about every other day. Then I always lose weight the next day on the scale.
    i feel honored that your first post was in my poop thread.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member

Why only 900 calories?

Lets stay on track here... not everyone eats to lose. Leave them alone. damn... you mention less than 1200 and they come after you like you said bath salts!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Sorry duplicate post
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Depends what I eat. When I avoid meat it is usually 2-3 days even though I have a high fiber intake.
    With meat it is every damned day when I wake up.