Plenty of Fish?

Options

Replies

• Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I must be a creepy one but my husband picked me on there lol
  • I just joined, first women I message sent back "sorry not my type" thanks for letting me know lol
  • Mandypt
    Options
    Haha yup crazies galore is right...Alot of creeper girls on there. Pretty funny the messages i used to get on there lol.

I remember leaving my husband a crazy message and he actually responded.. then i knew he was a keeper lol
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have a job that makes it very difficult to get out and meet men. I did the online dating thing, both paid and free. I dated, went on some "booty calls", and kissed a heck of a lot of frogs.

I was ready to give up, and was fed up with the guys who just wanted sex, and not much else. I decided to do a search on POF for a guy who spoke Spanish, so I could meet someone, get dolled up and go on a date, and practice my Spanish at the same time. First guy I met? My future husband.

We were married 8 months later, and have been married 4.5 years. He is loving, hard-working, smart, and rocks my world.

I would recommend being safe (meeting in public places, not revealing personal info until you are sure he is not a psychopath), and having fun with it. It is just dating. Enjoy yourself. And maybe you will get lucky and meet your own awesome dude, as I did.

Good luck!
  • Mandypt
    Options
    you go girl.. :-)
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was against online dating and happily single but my friend talked me into making a profile just for fun. I had lots of creeps message me and I used the block function many times. But, one guy stood out and I married him :wink: He was the only one I gave my phone number too, only one I gave my real name to. Our first date was on Valentine's day 2009 and we met online, and it's worked out amazingly. I'm very happy.

My username was Chickybabe and the year I was born, it worked well for me! Also, back then we had to use a tag line, my husband and I quoted the same song but different lyrics in our profiles, we still think it was meant to be :heart:
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just be careful! LOTS of creepers!!!
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Plentyoffish.....plenty of *kitten*!
    Met my psychotic ex on there. Never again!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    It's a complete joke.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Met my fiance on there.
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    I have an interesting POF story. I put a profile up around Christmas of last year. I got a cute message from a guy who looked pretty hot in the thumbnail pic that accompanied the message. I open up his profile and it was my ex-boyfriend from two years before! We had dated for six months. I couldn't believe he did not recognize me. Now in his "defense", when we were dating I always wore my hair in it's natural state--curly. I have since then been wearing it straight. However, I still have the same face. I couldn't look that different. (That defense, though, in my mind, would give him too much credit as he would put Narcissus to shame with the amount of love he had for himself. Seriously, dude should date a mirror.)

Anyway, I did meet a guy on there. We dated for about seven months, but it did not work out between us. I don't blame POF for that, though. Try it. You may come across some weirdos, but that can happen anywhere. As long as you remain cautious, it won't hurt you to give it a shot.
  • destanicheri
    destanicheri Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have a job that makes it very difficult to get out and meet men. I did the online dating thing, both paid and free. I dated, went on some "booty calls", and kissed a heck of a lot of frogs.

I was ready to give up, and was fed up with the guys who just wanted sex, and not much else. I decided to do a search on POF for a guy who spoke Spanish, so I could meet someone, get dolled up and go on a date, and practice my Spanish at the same time. First guy I met? My future husband.

We were married 8 months later, and have been married 4.5 years. He is loving, hard-working, smart, and rocks my world.

I would recommend being safe (meeting in public places, not revealing personal info until you are sure he is not a psychopath), and having fun with it. It is just dating. Enjoy yourself. And maybe you will get lucky and meet your own awesome dude, as I did.

Good luck!

I agree with her 100% I met my fiance online and he has changed my life for the better!
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    For all of you gals bashing the guys on that site, just remember, your gender is NOT EXEMPT to the games and BS!!!

Gave it a try.... lots of women who just want a free dinner even though they are looking for a "longterm relationship". :noway:

They all want the nice guy, but don't even reply to the most sincere ice-breakers. Then when they do respond, they tell you they're dating lots of other guys so they can decide who's best for them. How in the hell are gonna know who's right for you when you're out with a new guy every night? :grumble:

I also found that the ladies were a little optimistic with their physical descriptions in their profiles. "Slim and athletic" doesn't usually include muffin-tops. :noway: While you may have fit that description 5- 10 years ago, be honest with the guy and yourself if you've put on a few pounds. I used pics that were taken within the past week or two, and met ladies using 5 year old pics. :cry:

Yah, ladies.... the douche-bags have vaginas too. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mandypt
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie. I dated some douche bags on Plenty of fish before I met my husband. You have to be patient
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've learned to have a sense of humor with online dating. I no longer have any expectations and lately I've been logging in primarily for entertainment. Some of the profiles people post are quite humorous... and not always intentionally.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Nothing but HORRID experiences on there AND Match.com...never ever ever again. In the year I did online dating I've met more weird fetish ppl (I'm talking adult diaper fetishes...not the usual stuff lol) and have gotten proposed to 4 times. Not one normal lot in the online dating bunch!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    For all of you gals bashing the guys on that site, just remember, your gender is NOT EXEMPT to the games and BS!!!

Gave it a try.... lots of women who just want a free dinner even though they are looking for a "longterm relationship". :noway:

They all want the nice guy, but don't even reply to the most sincere ice-breakers. Then when they do respond, they tell you they're dating lots of other guys so they can decide who's best for them. How in the hell are gonna know who's right for you when you're out with a new guy every night? :grumble:

I also found that the ladies were a little optimistic with their physical descriptions in their profiles. "Slim and athletic" doesn't usually include muffin-tops. :noway: While you may have fit that description 5- 10 years ago, be honest with the guy and yourself if you've put on a few pounds. I used pics that were taken within the past week or two, and met ladies using 5 year old pics. :cry:

hahahaha!! Every guy I met in person was so relieved I looked like my pics and told me the SAME thing! I look better now than 5 years ago so I had no problem posting recent pics lol
  • yecatsmn
    yecatsmn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on the site :) Joining that website was the best choice of my life!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options

Preach. :laugh:

I also feel like most use those sites for some type of weird validation. Especially when they lead you on with no intentions of actually meeting. :mad:
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Beenwith my boyfriend 2 years and we just bought a house together. Met 7/31/10 thanks to POF :)