Plenty of Fish?

Options

Replies

• chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Warning though, lots of bottom of the barrell people there but there are a few gems
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It took awhile, but POF is working for me!
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've met a lot creepers. And I've met a couple good guys. Obviously I'm still single so no keepers yet. :ohwell:
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on POF. Met a couple of weird people on other sites but POF seems to be a decent one. I think it depends on the area you live in. In some areas the pool is a little bigger and thus you have a better chance of meeting more people you may click with
  • tonya0587
    Options
    FLASHBACKS lol and its not good! before i got remarried i joined POF and me a real nice fireman. very attractive, had a lot of pictures on his profile. we started talking on the phone and hit it off. then after a week or so i noticed all his pics were professionally made. he didnt have any that were from a regular camera which i thought was odd. so anyway i agreed to meet him at subway (since it was our first meeting i wanted it to be a public space) so we met in the parking lot. i see this guy standing there smiling at me but it didnt look like the guy in the pictures so i just assumed it was someone else. well he finally walked over and said hi im brian. WHAT?!?!? then at that instant i realized why he had just those pictures posted. his eyes werent straight, one looked straight and the other way off to the left, couldnt tell if he was looking at me or not but in his pics he has them touched up so his eyes looked normal. needless to say the date didnt go past the parking lot for the simple reason of him being deceitful. i was honest about everything about me had no reason not to be and i expected the same. so beware of fake pics! lol
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on POF. Met a couple of weird people on other sites but POF seems to be a decent one. I think it depends on the area you live in. In some areas the pool is a little bigger and thus you have a better chance of meeting more people you may click with

Yeah I live in New Orleans and the pool was bigger for me so I had good luck with my husband.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

hahahaha!! Every guy I met in person was so relieved I looked like my pics and told me the SAME thing! I look better now than 5 years ago so I had no problem posting recent pics lol

Just like every guy isn't a D-Bag. Of course there are exceptions. My comment was just to point out that it wasn't only the guys making things difficult.
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    FLASHBACKS lol and its not good! before i got remarried i joined POF and me a real nice fireman. very attractive, had a lot of pictures on his profile. we started talking on the phone and hit it off. then after a week or so i noticed all his pics were professionally made. he didnt have any that were from a regular camera which i thought was odd. so anyway i agreed to meet him at subway (since it was our first meeting i wanted it to be a public space) so we met in the parking lot. i see this guy standing there smiling at me but it didnt look like the guy in the pictures so i just assumed it was someone else. well he finally walked over and said hi im brian. WHAT?!?!? then at that instant i realized why he had just those pictures posted. his eyes werent straight, one looked straight and the other way off to the left, couldnt tell if he was looking at me or not but in his pics he has them touched up so his eyes looked normal. needless to say the date didnt go past the parking lot for the simple reason of him being deceitful. i was honest about everything about me had no reason not to be and i expected the same. so beware of fake pics! lol

the guy i met on POF right before my husband was like that. lol
  • tonya0587
    Options
    lol! i dont understand what theyre thinking by using fake pics.i understand if they have no intentions of meeting anybody face to face but knowing they are is crazy lol
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

I also found that the ladies were a little optimistic with their physical descriptions in their profiles. "Slim and athletic" doesn't usually include muffin-tops. :noway: While you may have fit that description 5- 10 years ago, be honest with the guy and yourself if you've put on a few pounds. I used pics that were taken within the past week or two, and met ladies using 5 year old pics. :cry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Had a friend use POF and she thought she met this wonderful guy. I helped her get an outfit for her date that night. Later that night she came to my house pissed because her wonderful guy had a vagina.

My advice to you is to do a skype session (DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR NUMBER) before you meet. That way you do not have to worry about psycho stalkers and stuff.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I used Plenty of Fish, and I have to agree there is a lot of weirdo's on there. However I did meet 1 guy I dated off and on for 1 year, and another that I dated for about 6 months or so. I'm currently living with my boyfriend who I met on Plenty of Fish. I wouldn't trade him for the world. But I did have to wade through a lot of guys who only wanted sex, or phone sex, or to talk about sex. There's also a lot of guys on there that are married but have their profile showing as single or separated. I'd say try it, but be well aware that just like meeting a guy in a bar, he may or may not be entirely truthful. Good Luck!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Thinking about joining Plenty of Fish never tried internet dating before...but maybe I should, anyone any good experiences?

Also I need a username, any suggestions :smile:
    I use to get bored and went there to chat. I'm the one all the boys hated because I was refusing to date anyone :P With that being said if someone seemed normal and I was bored I met people and met some friends via that site and some of them I ended up dating. Just be very careful. I'd say "Go Fish" to 99% of that site</cardJoke>.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think online dating has a lot going for it. It's good practice going on dates, and if a date doesn't work out it isn't the end of the world because there are always more options. And I have two friends who married men they met online.

That being said I think Plenty of Fish can be a little dodgy. Make sure you have you bullsh*t detector on high. I think OKCupid has a better system to ruling out men who are just trifling, they ask for a lot of writing before you can get a profile there.

Good luck and have fun!
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    wow

Alot of responses

Thank you all :flowerforyou:

Just read through everyone's posts and found them highly informative. It seems like people generally either meet life partners on there or meet a load of weirdos on there

It does sound like an interesting experience though :laugh: sure I'll give it a go but I don't know if I'll actually date anyone out of it and I don't think I'll post any pictures, maybe just do the contacting myself.
  • francesiax
    Options
    I had to sift through the weirdos and found my Mr Right. coming up to a year and no regrets.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thinking about joining Plenty of Fish never tried internet dating before...but maybe I should, anyone any good experiences?

Also I need a username, any suggestions :smile:

Hi,

There are a looooooooot of weirdos on there, however I met my boyfriend on POF - we moved in together after 6 months, and now we're planning to get married and have lots of babies.

I'd totally recommend it :-)

I hope you meet someone as brilliant as my Joe.

x
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on plentyoffish. Married for over 5 years now.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on there, but not before I'd encountered my fair share of wierdos
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I just joined, first women I message sent back "sorry not my type" thanks for letting me know lol

well at least she replied she could have just blocked you
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    I've used it a few times, been on one date from it and it went badly, like ran to my car and locked the door badly, I'll never use it again.

I tend to use Match as they have an iPhone app that you can pay through for just one month (as long as you go into your iTunes account and turn off auto renew subscriptions) and you get all the push notifications etc.

Good Luck which ever site you choose.