Plenty of Fish?

Options

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

I also found that the ladies were a little optimistic with their physical descriptions in their profiles. "Slim and athletic" doesn't usually include muffin-tops. :noway: While you may have fit that description 5- 10 years ago, be honest with the guy and yourself if you've put on a few pounds. I used pics that were taken within the past week or two, and met ladies using 5 year old pics. :cry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Had a friend use POF and she thought she met this wonderful guy. I helped her get an outfit for her date that night. Later that night she came to my house pissed because her wonderful guy had a vagina.

My advice to you is to do a skype session (DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR NUMBER) before you meet. That way you do not have to worry about psycho stalkers and stuff.

OMG is that for real?? jeez
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    wow

Alot of responses

Thank you all :flowerforyou:

Just read through everyone's posts and found them highly informative. It seems like people generally either meet life partners on there or meet a load of weirdos on there

It does sound like an interesting experience though :laugh: sure I'll give it a go but I don't know if I'll actually date anyone out of it and I don't think I'll post any pictures, maybe just do the contacting myself.

You should have a picture up, and only speak to people with pictures, I state that in my profile too.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have used POF many times (in between break ups) because I work from home and find it hard to meet people. I can't say I have met any awesome people off of there but I do agree that there HAS to be a decent guy out there somewhere. I'm just looking for the guy version of myself....and if I exist, they have to exist too. (fingers crossed)

I've even tried match & e harmony and it was a waste of money. Same people, just a little less frugal with their money.

Online dating is super frustrating. If nothing comes of it I figure at least I tried.

Good luck to you!
  • Tanya28326
    Options
    Plenty of **** more like. In my experience there's a heck of a lot of weirdos on it, which is a shame as it's free!

Free is why there's weirdos.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    ITS FREE... ya kinda get what ya pay for.. lol
  • sunset_twilight
    sunset_twilight Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Found my boyfriend on POF, been together nearly 2 months now and we first met in April, getting to know each other.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I think its cute how many successful relationships were found through Plent of Fish :)

I used to be on it looking for my one and only but ended up marrying my neighbor lol

Out of all the people I met from that site every single one of them were weirdos.
    This one guy looked hot in his photos and when I met him he was 5 foot nothing and looked like Shrek!
    I know looks are not what matters in a relationship but....really??

I am..however...still on the siite..dont go on it much...but its also a good way to make friends. Just making friends is stated specifically in my profile. Being I dont have much of a social life at home with the kids all the time. Its a good place to chat with people. Ive met some pretty cool moms on that site...along with some crazies lol
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I used POF to meet exactly 3 men. Because once you find/meet three weirdos.... I just moved on.

#1 - Wanted me to sneak into a movie after we'd seen a movie. Stepped in front of me in the movie line to buy his OWN ticket and not mine.

#2 - I think he wanted to wear my skin.

#3- Dated for about 9mons. Found out he had a gf of 9 years that he lived with. Also tried to kill himself over our relationship ending. What a NIGHTMARE.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    Let's see, there are the married men who say they are divorced, the men with addiction issues, the ones looking for just sex, and then there was the one who gives me a great story to tell.

The guy had had bone cancer as a kid. They took out his knee and installed a rod so he could walk. He had trouble driving (right leg) so he asked me to pick him up. (All true by the way.) I knocked on his door, and he opened it wide. He was standing there buckass naked and it was NOT a pretty sight.

I told you I'm sorry!! I was highly medicated!
  • newfette81
    Options
    Yes there are a lot of really messed up people there... but there are some good eggs on there too... I met my boyfriend through there 5 years ago, we've been dating for three years and going strong.

Just be honest and be yourself and be patient!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

POF has decent men on it, but you have to weed thru alot of weirdos and creeps. I get alot of sex emails and that can be frustrating. Just remember that you need to go in with an open mind.

So I say give POF a try, but know you will get emails that frustrate you. It takes time. Let us know how it goes.

Could not have said it better
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Plenty of **** more like. In my experience there's a heck of a lot of weirdos on it, which is a shame as it's free!

Free is why there's weirdos.

Nah because you get those weirdos even on paid sites too.............
  • JULES1801
    JULES1801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Good One!!!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    OkCupid.

POF is pretty widely known as being for booty.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    MrBigMack and I met on Plenty Of Fish :)
  • devilheels
    Options
    I met my husband on Plenty of Fish. That was 4 years ago, and we're still going strong! I liked that site the best. Good luck!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    My friends and I would use it when we were like 16 to meet older guys with cars and alcohol.
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For all of you gals bashing the guys on that site, just remember, your gender is NOT EXEMPT to the games and BS!!!

Gave it a try.... lots of women who just want a free dinner even though they are looking for a "longterm relationship". :noway:

They all want the nice guy, but don't even reply to the most sincere ice-breakers. Then when they do respond, they tell you they're dating lots of other guys so they can decide who's best for them. How in the hell are gonna know who's right for you when you're out with a new guy every night? :grumble:

I also found that the ladies were a little optimistic with their physical descriptions in their profiles. "Slim and athletic" doesn't usually include muffin-tops. :noway: While you may have fit that description 5- 10 years ago, be honest with the guy and yourself if you've put on a few pounds. I used pics that were taken within the past week or two, and met ladies using 5 year old pics. :cry:

Yah, ladies.... the douche-bags have vaginas too. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are right. I didn't specify whether the *kitten* were male or female. In my experience, it was a male. I have male friends that have had horrible experiences on that site. But it happens everywhere too its just my personal preference after my experience in Hellto not use POF or any other dating site again.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I'm on it. Be warned that a lot of people don't take that site seriously - it's known as the site to find a hook up. And that goes for both men and women. I am not singling out any one group there. I'm only on it halfheartedly since I work alone and most of my friends are parents with significant others of sorts. It is what it is.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or are there a LOT of firefighters and emts on there? Makes me suspicious guys just want to appear to have a sexy profession.