Chubby Trainers & Nutrionists

Options

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Fit trainers and fit nutrionist only.
    if they can not lose the weight , how can they help you?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I don't know their journey.

I don't know if they have lost 100lbs to this point.

No, it doesn't bother me.
    Now.. that's a good argument. If they're chubby because they don't workout, that's one thing. If they're chubby because they're on the backside of 150 pound weight-loss regiment, that's something else.

This.
  • cherylquilting1
    Options
    I agree. I was sitting in a hospital waiting room a couple of years ago and said hospital had just gone 'for profit' and were having a HUGE PARTY to celebrate the impending loss of lots of nurses' jobs and the deterioration of the standard of care, but I digress, anyway, said party apparently consisted of a lot of very high calorie food and apparently there was the fear of not enough food because while my Mom and I sat there waiting for the results of my Dad's surgery, we watched obese after obese nurse and other hospital staff walk through the door with not one but two ore more plates just piled high with high fat, fried, greasy food. We were hungry and shocked.

Plus the sheer insensitivity of having the party room in a location where everyone had to walk through laughing and eating and carrying massive amounts of food while family of patients were anxiously awaiting the results of a surgery or other test was shocking. I was mostly struck with that same thought (having smugly lost 78 lbs by exercise and cutting portion size) that it should be a law that you can't be in health care and morbidly obese. Same with a personal trainer. I want to see a success story. Now, of course, I'm not so smug having slowly gained 15 of my hard won loss but at least I didn't go totally Kirstie Alley and gain all 78 plus another 20 back.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    ENOUGH OF THE LETS NOT HURT ANYONES FEELING BS

If your a trainer you should be fit, If your a nutritionist you should be of a normal BMI and size.
    In either case not CHUBBY!

END OF DISCUSSION.

original poster if you cant tell I could not agree more :-)

BMI don't mean jack ****. Maybe you mean BF%?
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    and i do NOT agree that " knowledge is knowledge." knowledge needs experience. i wouldn't go to a heart surgeon who said he "knew" everything but had never performed!! same reason i don't f**k virgins. :)

Which is how come you will instead go to a trainer who has been a skinny minnie her whole life and can gorge herself on cake and pizza every day and still be tiny?
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

If your a trainer you should be fit, If your a nutritionist you should be of a normal BMI and size.

END OF DISCUSSION.

No I meant BMI its a very rare occasion that you would be over your BMI and within the correct stats for BF% etc. If your a heavy lifter its reasonable i suppose. But the BMI is set as a guidline i realize not everyone fits into this and there are excpetions but generally speaking "most" should fit in this category. I would expect a nutristionist to fit into this generalization if they are going to tell me what to eat! All that aside I get you pointing that out as many ppl think weight is everything which its not you can be skinny and still be fat body fat should be most ppls main concern. Muuuuwaahhhh~!
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I think our friend the Gorilla has set up something of a straw man. If it didn't bother him, why is it a question?
    Um... I actually said that... second paragraph... "And, I'm not sure exactly why, but this phenomenon bothers me greatly, and has for a while."
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    and i do NOT agree that " knowledge is knowledge." knowledge needs experience. i wouldn't go to a heart surgeon who said he "knew" everything but had never performed!! same reason i don't f**k virgins. :)

This is an excellent example. Most people's arguments against a chubby trainer follows the same line that they wouldn't have a surgeon that hadn't perform heart surgery on themselves, despite their accomplished track record and achievements in their field.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I think our friend the Gorilla has set up something of a straw man. If it didn't bother him, why is it a question?
    Um... I actually said that... second paragraph... " And, I'm not sure exactly why, but this phenomenon bothers me greatly, and has for a while.

Don't you hate it when you have to repeat yourself.....repeatedly? :grumble:
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    if they are in the higher end of there healthy body weight scale then that would be just fine and dandy to me. If there out right over weight and or obese and not working on there own body goals to get healthy then hell no. I'm working out hard and I hate it when fatter people than me who aren't working hard to change the health for the better give me advice on things I should try, so why would I pay for that.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

END OF DISCUSSION.

No I meant BMI its a very rare occasion that you would be over your BMI and within the correct stats for BF% etc. If your a heavy lifter its reasonable i suppose. But the BMI is set as a guidline i realize not everyone fits into this and there are excpetions but generally speaking "most" should fit in this category. I would expect a nutristionist to fit into this generalization if they are going to tell me what to eat! All that aside I get you pointing that out as many ppl think weight is everything which its not you can be skinny and still be fat body fat should be most ppls main concern. Muuuuwaahhhh~!
    Funny side-note... according to the BMI scale, I am morbidly obese. True story.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

according to the BMI scale, I am morbidly obese. True story.

I know
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I guess having a fat nutritionist wold rub me the wrong way.

But there are fat personal trainers who know their ****. They're manly enough to value strength over being skinny.........
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

I know
    I thought you were getting blown in a hurricane or something.
  • fcp1234
    Options

I know

Not this time..
    Awe, you were worried about me. There might be a heart deep inside somewhere afterall.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    I know
    Not this time..
    Awe, you were worried about me. There might be a heart deep inside somewhere afterall.
    That's not funny.
  • fcp1234
    Options
    I know
    Not this time..
    That's not funny.

Dont worry, its well below the fat ( based on the BMI scale)
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    I know
    Not this time..
    That's not funny.
    Dont worry, its well below the fat ( based on the BMI scale)
    I know, right? I should really start working-out more.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yes it bothers me. I can't take them seriously. You can't teach what you don't know. In order for someone to take me seriously in anything I do, I need to know my **** and be able to back myself up 100%. If you aren't fit and you are yelling at your student (or whatever) do get their *kitten* moving, how can any take you credible?
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    at my work I have a 5'6, 300# female doctor, you know what advice I would take from her? Not a damn thing. If she was a little chubby I'd be fine with it but once you land in morbidly obese you're input is null and void to me. That being said I expect my trainer to be in great shape, their job is to show me how to be in great shape so I do not think this is a horrible request. If your mechanic says he can't make it into work because his car is broken down do you continue to go to him? If your child's teacher sends home a note saying ' you're child needs a gooder grasp of the english language', do you ask them what they mean? If your babysitter asks you if you have seen their kid around today do you let them watch yours? Get all defensive on weight all you want but it isn't unreasonable to want an in shape trainer