JUST SHOOT ME!!!!.....I hate halloween!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've had bags of candy in the house for weeks. I have a couple fun sized bars a day. But first, I log it. 200 calories of candy doesn't make a huge dent in my calories, but I'll be damned if I'm going to use up half my calorie allowance on Butterfingers.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    don't consider it a lost day. Just stop passing the candy bowl and try to make better choices throughout the rest of the day. Luckily, our appartment doesn't have kids trick or treat, so I don't need candy, but my boyfriend adn I did by some lose piece candies the other night for us to celebrate hallween this week, since we're not going out. if i plan it right, mine should last at least the end of the year
    I have an office all to myself and the candy bowl is on my desk "FOR THE CUSTOMERS" so i was overwhelmed with choices and smells , first i jusr started out swirling the candy around 'so the customers could see the choices" then i went back and forth on how one wouldnt hurt and so on, then i got my first taste of the creamy peanut butter reese's just a small lil one and . I lost control and went nuts. Now i am as sick as a dog eating green grass. I am over it. :cry:

Have you ever had high quality chocolate? Chocolate that's not full of fillers and doesn't taste like wax? Do you have a local chocolatier or other candy makers? If so, my suggestion, for the future anyway, is to forget about the junk candy and try some real treats. They taste a million times better and are so much more decadent that you want to savor them, so you don't just stuff them in your mouth whole. They're also more expensive, which can keep you from eating them too often, and it just adds another reason to really enjoy it when you do eat them. And once you try the good stuff, it's unlikely you'll want the other stuff. Worth a try, anyway.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    iam just thankful iam still in good enough health to shove all those little kids off my porch rushing me to try and take my candy i mean its like every oct 31 these little creepys ring the doorbell and try and take my candy and each year i shove them down the steps yet every year they return geessssss
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You're an adult, so act like one. Either eat the candy because you're an adult that can make your own choices, or if you don't think you should eat it then, well... don't eat it!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The only reason I hate Halloween...I wasn't born on Halloween. I was born the next day on November 1st! :grumble:

In addition, it's my first Halloween after being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Even better, I'll actually be eating out at Golden Corral instead of going for candy. It's the kick-off party for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short), and I've already looked at the online menu so I'll be certain to have no trouble watching what I'm eating.

The major challenge for me will be Thanksgiving AND Christmas. Sheesh, why are the last three big days of the year always the days where there's the MOST food!?:angry:

In all seriousness, though, don't deprive yourself of something sweet. If you take the deprivation route and eat just ONE sweet, there's going to be a binge effect. I eat a little sweet every day to keep myself from going mad, as long as I keep my carb count in check. Also, I tend to buy candy for my co-workers. The difference is I buy stuff like PEANUT M&Ms and candies with NUTS in it. Why? I HATE nuts! This keeps me from eating any of it, and it's worked every time for me! Try getting something you DON'T like yourself that others do.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!
    Maybe you could ask the owner of the candy bowl not to put it out? Or to put in something you don't really care for? Or can you tell yourself, absolutely that candy is NOT for you (and it probably isn't!)

I've found that I go all sugar-craving CRAZY when I drink "diet" soda, or flavored water. The fake sugar gets to me and makes me start craving more, real or fake. Make sure you aren't drinking something with fake sugar or something that makes you hungry.

Also, pack your own "healthy" snacks. For me, a candy bar could be a Butterfinger or a Zone Perfect Chocolate Caramel bar. One is a much healthier choice, but I enjoy it (almost) as much. But with experiment I've also learned, not all protein bars are equal--- for instance, the Fudge Graham Zone Perfect is too sweet and makes me crave more sweets. Chocolate Mint is a good choice for me because the mint flavor makes me think "all finished" rather than "where can I get more"? And Chocolate Caramel is sweet but not overwhelmingly so.

Good luck, I'm right there with ya!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    You're an adult, so act like one. Either eat the candy because you're an adult that can make your own choices, or if you don't think you should eat it then, well... don't eat it!
    :Hangs head in shame: I forgot how EASY it was to just not eat it.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! :drinker: :bigsmile: