Do you have a breakfast staple that's NOT oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• Mpascarella90
    Mpascarella90 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Plain non-fat greek yogurt and 1/2 red grapefruit
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I mix fruit on the bottom Greek yogurt with plain every day, then I add something else--cheese toast some days, oatmeal a couple, bacon and eggs (and toast if I'm really starving or going to workout a lot that day) a couple.
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of healthy muffins (18 usually) and freeze a dozen of them. It's just me and my husband now so it's very easy to pull one or two out and nuke them for breakfast on the go. As for a staple, one slice wheat toast with 1 tsp. of Bummell & Brown spread, topped with a couple slices of tomato with a sunny side Eggland's large egg on top.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Bump.. thanks for the recipe!
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein - Chocolate Deluxe Protein Bar on days I work. quick, nummy, healthy and leaves me with loads of energy!
  • Exquizyt
    Options
    Special K (110k calories)
    Banana (105k calories)
    1/4 cup milk (30k calories) ---> I don't like milk very much... hence the 1/4 cup :P
    20oz Water (0k calories)
    Great Value "Early Rise Orange" drink mix (10k calories)
    255k calories

I eat this almost every day! I do switch up cereals... but I like special K because it has 45% of my DV of Iron :).
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    2 slices of turkey bacon, hard boiled egg, and my coffee. ~175 calorie breakfast that keeps me full for at least 3 hours!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    These are awesome ideas. Bumping for later reading.
  • Terry8955
    Terry8955 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just ate almost that exact sandwich that you just posted. I have that every other day.... it makes the day that I have my bran cereal or oatmeal alot more tolerable... always put frozen berries on cereal or oatmeal.... good for you and delicious!!!
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This thread kind of makes me feel lazy to not get up early enough in the morning to make some of these delicious breakfasts. :(

See my idea above, lol!

Thanks! I'll give it a try. :)
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Breakfast foods don't have to be stereotypical sometimes I eat dinner foods or lunch foods sometimes.
    Chicken and vegetables. steak and eggs. As long as I get fuel for my workout im good! LOL
    Agreed!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    homeade protein pancakes, light nutrigrain eggos, or light thomas's english muffins with added fiber... usually with peanut butter. and usually i have 1egg and 1 egg white also.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mc1x979x7f1rdx869o1_400.jpg

I have some variation of this granola almost every time I eat breakfast. Picture is mine, the meal is under 500 cals and keeps me full for awhile. It's also incredibly delicious!! :)

Looks delicious, I see the fruits, but what kind of granola is that?
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mc1x979x7f1rdx869o1_400.jpg

I have some variation of this granola almost every time I eat breakfast. Picture is mine, the meal is under 500 cals and keeps me full for awhile. It's also incredibly delicious!! :)

This does look good...and are those chocolate chips ih the middle?? YUM!
  • lustingforfitness
    Options

This does look good...and are those chocolate chips ih the middle?? YUM!

It's vanilla almond granola from Trader Joe's. :) And yes--I ALWAYS have 1 tbsp of dark chocolate chips in my granola! It's only 70 calories and it makes it taste amazing.... I don't deprive myself, I just like to use them in moderation! :)
    The recipe for this particular bowl is:
    -2/3 cup granola
    -1/2 cup soy milk
    -1/2 banana
    -2 strawberries
    -8 raspberries
    -1/2 kiwi
    -1 tbsp dark chocolate chips

But you can substitute any fruit in of your choice, of course. :)
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    whole grain toast with a bit of margarine and a teaspoon of peanut butter, I eat this at least 6 days a week! I love oatmeal but only have it 1-2 times a week and often as a mid morning snack and plan for a late lunch.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Protein shake.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I have had Malt o Meal forever but my Kroger just stopped carrying it! So, I had to switch to Grits. Sadly, it is just not the same.:sad:
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I admit to eating a Trader Joe's cinnamon crumpet and 1TBSP Nutella (or the Kroger brand hazelnut spread). 1/2 cup of milk. Heaven. I realize it's not insanely healthy like some of these suggestions....but it's delicious, and better than a lot of other "run out the door with something in hand" options that are around. :)

Plus it gets me nutella.....yumm......nutella..... :)
  • hpoddan
    hpoddan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs and black coffee...every morning...