Inter-racial or multicultural couples out there :)

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My background is Spanish (Andalusian to be exact), Mexican & Filipino. I'm currently single but I had a boyfriend of 2 years who hails from India (Northeastern to be exact) though he looks more South East Asian while his brother looks Chinese but they are 100% Indians.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    These Indians guys you people are married to or dating are so lucky!! If I dated a white guy, my parents would like dis-own me haha. Girls in these cultures have a little less freedom sometimes :( I am very much into guys from other cultures than my own, particularly European, American and Aussie guys and I WILL marry them one day no matter what my family says :P
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My love is Hindu, Gujarati to be exact. But I'm afraid his family is severely traditional and we will NEVER be allowed to marry :sad:
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I married within my race, but my roommate is Korean, and I love trying some of her favorite "home" meals. And I love Kim Chi!
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am Australian, my other half is Samoan. Lots of fun cooking two lots of different meals every night as the islander food is not good for weight loss! Yet he can eat like a horse and not put a single kilo on...
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Im mexican.. ive never dated a mexican, nor latino in general.. always white , what can I say, im in love with white guys :smooched:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Lovin this thread!!:heart:
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Im mexican.. ive never dated a mexican, nor latino in general.. always white , what can I say, im in love with white guys :smooched:

I'm into white guys myself :bigsmile: :love:

But it would be in my dreams to actually marry one *sigh* :ohwell:
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Im half Mexican half Persian and i Love both cultures and the food is delicious. I am glad both my parents strayed from what they were expected to marry.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am a white Australian, my partner is Aboriginal. I cooked kangaroo one night, substituted it for beef in a Thai beef salad (I dont eat beef)... I enjoy the taste of roo but unfortunately and strangely I can't stomach the smell of the meat... he doesn't cook but it would be a fantastic experience if he could cook some traditional type foods... roo is very high in iron and low in fat so from a dieting perspective it is a perfect meat!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

never say never!!.. I have a friend that always used to date mexican and just looked in a weird way at me when i was going out with a white guy, saying she would never ever date one.. Well, she married a white guy 2 years ago and they are expecting their first baby now =).. So everything can happen!
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    Im south indian, born in Bangalore but grew up in the UK. My husband is Danish, we have been together for just over 5 years and got married in the UK in July. Its great being part of a mixed couple and sharing cultures etc!

Foodwise I cook a lot of indian food at home, when I first met Anders he couldnt handle spicy food but now my family are astonished at how much spice he can take lol! But we eat a lot of different types of food at home, we have both travelled a lot and that shows in the kind of food we eat eg; thai, chinese, spanish, english, danish, east african (we live in Uganda), italian, the list goes on.

This is a great topic btw! And feel free to add me if you would like to share recipes and food ideas!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options

never say never!!.. I have a friend that always used to date mexican and just looked in a weird way at me when i was going out with a white guy, saying she would never ever date one.. Well, she married a white guy 2 years ago and they are expecting their first baby now =).. So everything can happen!

I don't like guys from my own culture haha. The problem is my family more than anything, being a girl makes it harder too. I mean going out with them is fine (secretly) but then I feel bad because I have it in the back of my head that it won't go anywhere. I'm still young but I've always thought about eloping haha. Thanks for the kind words though! :flowerforyou: I know anything's possible.
  • gaveupheart
    gaveupheart Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I'm Asian. I've always been super jealous that I was not of mixed race, so thats why I want to marry and have hapa kids. LOL. Only problem that I'm finding is that I'm pretty picky - I do like my white men, however I'm a foodie and can't stand basic/bland guys in that department!
    Options

I don't like guys from my own culture haha. The problem is my family more than anything, being a girl makes it harder too. I mean going out with them is fine (secretly) but then I feel bad because I have it in the back of my head that it won't go anywhere. I'm still young but I've always thought about eloping haha. Thanks for the kind words though! :flowerforyou: I know anything's possible.
    In my case, its not that I don't like our culture but I do hate the "machismo" culture. My family is already like that & therefore I wanted a guy who is more egalitarian.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My family is very diverse.

That being said, there is only race, the Human Race.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Cmmon!! Indian guys aint that bad but yea i agree Aussie tan is hot!! Also indian parents can be a little racist when it comes to their kids dating life no matter which country they live in.In a perfect world,i would like to end up with a Latina chick. :D If you look past the evident differences,there are a few interesting similarities between their culture and ours too.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options

In my case, its not that I don't like our culture but I do hate the "machismo" culture. My family is already like that & therefore I wanted a guy who is more egalitarian.

Nice! Makes sense.
    No, I love my culture in general, just not the mentality of some of the people. I don't know, I mean SOME guys are okay but I've always been attracted to white guys :) Except I don't think they'll have much of an interest in me.
    Options
    Cmmon!! Indian guys aint that bad but yea i agree Aussie tan is hot!! Also indian parents can be a little racist when it comes to their kids dating life no matter which country they live in.In a perfect world,i would like to end up with a Latina chick. :D If you look past the evident differences,there are a few interesting similarities between their culture and ours too.
    I know I'm Latina & one of my ex-bf (and still in good terms) is an Indian (North Eastern) though he's a little different not only physically but also his culture is a bit different plus he's a fellow Christian. Whenever I talk to him or to his family, I feel like I'm talking to a Filipino. No offense but to be honest before I met him, I thought Indians are all the same. I also have some Indian friends here in MFP as well.

Its really fascinating to know people from other cultures.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure my ethnicity because I have a huge mix. It's Turks and Persian mostly.

I was married/dated to: American, French, Russian, Italian and Lebanese. Ummmm... Yeah, if I had a baby from each of them, I'd had a whole United Nations at home.