Inter-racial or multicultural couples out there :)

Options

Replies

• KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    im white...the hubs is Korean and our babies are beautiful :)
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    in 4 the interracial couples ;)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Husband is white!
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My wife is from Malaysia, I'm from the UK. Our kids are beautiful too ;)
  • jaleungs8
    Options
    I am just about as mixed as it gets...I am originally from Guyana, South America. My mother is black, white, and native american indian (she looks spanish) and my dad is chinese. Our culture is Caribbean so we cook a lot of caribbean/chinese foods. My oldest brother looks darker than my other brother and myself...in fact no one ever believes he's our older brother because he has dreds and we look spanish with thin straight hair. My husband is african american, but his dad's family are Dominican...so now I cook a lot of Chinese/Caribbean/Spanish foods...I love all the variety and the cultures, our son has a lot to learn about his background lol!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm too rock n roll for an arranged marriage either :\

Awesome!! :laugh:
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My husband is Vietnamese. And 6' tall. We get some pretty strange looks! And very often when eating out get asked "separate or together" for the bill. that always pisses me off. If he were white and I was asian we wouldn't get that question.

He makes some AWESOME food. And some vietnamese friends have invited us for thanksgiving dinner. I'm pretty sure there will be no turkey involved!
  • got3beauties
    Options
    This is really awesome!!!!! My Father is Cuban & my Mom is Cape Verdean & Native Amer/Black. You wouldn't know to look at me because I have med brown skin. I'm the darkest one in my family, parents and siblings are that beautiful "peaches n cream" complexion. I married a white guy(Irish,Scot& French) and my children also have "peaches n cream" complexion. Except for the youngest.....he definitely inherited his Father's Irish hue. LOL!!! Anyway........I think it's awesome that so many people see past color,heritage, & cultural barriers. My husband got on his knees and cried tears of gratitude when I introduced him to Lechon(Latino pig roast) None of my ethnicities have many healthy meals BUT THE FLAVORS.........AAAAAAHH YES THE FLAVORS!!!!! LOL
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    My husband is Vietnamese. And 6' tall. We get some pretty strange looks! And very often when eating out get asked "separate or together" for the bill. that always pisses me off. If he were white and I was asian we wouldn't get that question.

He makes some AWESOME food. And some vietnamese friends have invited us for thanksgiving dinner. I'm pretty sure there will be no turkey involved!

LOL. I am also 6', and when we went to visit my wife's family in Vietnam, I was always stared at; while there, I never met anyone as tall or taller than me.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options

LOL. I am also 6', and when we went to visit my wife's family in Vietnam, I was always stared at; while there, I never met anyone as tall or taller than me.

My husband is the tallest among his brothers. He swears it is because he came to America when he was 10 and got better nutrition. But that's also funny because some of my nephews who are 100% vietnamese are 6'5" to 6'7" completely raised in USA - so there may be some truth to what he said about nutrition
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    My wife is Puerto Rican. My family is typical European mutt heritage. Irish, German and French.
    Family gatherings are colorful with great food.
    Music is a mix of country, pop, hip hop, salsa and reggaeton.

I just stick to the pernil and veggies. Skip the aroz con gondules.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am from South America and my husband is from Africa. His family didn't approve of our marriage either. I grew up cooking all different types of foods, very healthy. I was raised on fish, lentils, tofu and stir fry. Since we live in Los Angeles most of our friends are interracial too. I'm not great at cooking red meat and I've never made a casserole in my life (that's a midwestern U.S. thing).
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I am of East Indian descent..but raised in California..Hubby is full on American. Daughtesr (adopted) are 1/2 black and 1/2 white...Needless to say our house is very interesting..from the conversations..to the language..to the food.

Its not unusual to hav Dhal and some stuffed cabbage at the table.

Luckily we are both believers in Christ..so no issues with religion.
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 100% Salvadorean. I was born in El Salvador and came to the USA at age 6. My Husband is half white and half black. We have a 3 year old Daughter who is half Salvadorean, 1/4 white, and 1/4 Black. :)
  • aliciarose511
    aliciarose511 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh wow this thread is amazing to see! I sometimes feel like I am the only one in this situation.
    I am white, raised of a socially functioning yet very hippyish parents. My honey is muslim Indian, raised in the US. We have similar agnostic views on religion.

We have been seeing each other for going on two years and it is the most amazing relationship I have ever been in. We have so much in common and are so happy and are thinking serious. I know there will be some challenges in the family area, but I hope it will all end up smooth.

He is also the reason I am on MFP! He showed me the app and has been so amazing about encouraging me to get back into shape. I love it because its not in a “I want a skinny girlfriend” kinda way, but rather a “yay I have a fitness buddy” kinda way.”
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My BF is 100% Filipino, I'm 1/2 black 1/2 white --he eats mostly Mexican food so I make that a lot but is willing to eat anything. We have completely different eating habits though so I"m not really affected by what he eats.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    <<<me and my bff...i consider us an interacial couple. esp when strange men hit on us at the bar, lol!!

oh and shes a chef, so thats a bonus for me, cause i will eat just about anything. lol.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My brother is married to a wonderful woman from Thailand. Whenever they have a family gathering, she makes all sorts of Thai dishes, has even asked my mom to help her learn how to make american meals because that's all the kids want to eat. I say those kids don't know what they're missing!
  • khokho85
    Options
    My boyfriend is German!! I have a soft spot for white men!! ;-)
  • merabet
    Options
    hi there, am from Tunisia (north of Africa, my fiancé is indian, I tried indian food nd its the best I ever tried. now I started learning some basic indian dishes, am not that good at that :$ I rely on my mother in law for that :happy: