Mike’s Daily Rant 10/30/2012 The McDonalds 10K

Options
124»

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    You shine light on some of the very issues I am currently having problems with. I will be making a sacrafice one way or the other. Now the question is... is it a sacrafice for me or against me?

A sacrifice should always be for you. Otherwise is it really a sacrifice?
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Add to the equation that 2000 McD calories only feels like 1000 'normal' calories, and you end up hungry again by the time you get home!

I'm weird. I LIKE exercise. I use exercise as a motivator to get me to do other things, eg, if I mark these books I can play Just Dance on the Wii.

I've mapped out 3 miles from my house, which ends in a hospital, not McD's. Hope that's not an omen!
  • kevokie
    kevokie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That is a nice victory indeed, congrats!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great read. Thanks!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Loved this! I haven't stumbled upon any of your rants yet and found this one an interesting read. :smile:
    I have a love/hate relationship w/ Mc Donalds~ I love their food but I hate what it does to my thighs!! Still I end up giving in and getting a quarter pounder and fries at least once a month then I have to work off the lb. it usually puts on me (probably just water weight anyway from their salty *kitten* fries!) I loved your idea on how to get fresh fries though! :wink:
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This was fantastic. Thank you. I think I might apply this rule for In and Out. Can't get it unless I walk/run there.
    Please dont Tease me!! I went to vegas a few weeks ago and I jogged 3 miles to get my in and out right on Tropicana. Yummy!~! In and Out is my favorite Fast Food by far. However, we dont have it on this side of the country.
    That's my favorite In and Out. It was always the first place I'd hit after picking up the rental car. Fortunately they don't have those on this side of the country. I haven't had any fast food since joining MFP and have only eaten out a few times since then. When I have I've picked places with healthier options. I used to automatically dismiss any thing that claimed to be healthy when I looked at a menu. Now I try to see what healthy options they have before I go.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Add to the equation that 2000 McD calories only feels like 1000 'normal' calories, and you end up hungry again by the time you get home!

I'm weird. I LIKE exercise. I use exercise as a motivator to get me to do other things, eg, if I mark these books I can play Just Dance on the Wii.

I've mapped out 3 miles from my house, which ends in a hospital, not McD's. Hope that's not an omen!

Uh Oh. I hope its not an omen either.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    That is a nice victory indeed, congrats!

Thanks.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Great read. Thanks!

No! Thank You!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Loved this! I haven't stumbled upon any of your rants yet and found this one an interesting read. :smile:
    I have a love/hate relationship w/ Mc Donalds~ I love their food but I hate what it does to my thighs!! Still I end up giving in and getting a quarter pounder and fries at least once a month then I have to work off the lb. it usually puts on me (probably just water weight anyway from their salty *kitten* fries!) I loved your idea on how to get fresh fries though! :wink:

Well Im glad you did. I have been doing it for about a week and a half. Hope you are able to go back and read the rest. :-) The fries idea is much better than getting old salty fries.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This was fantastic. Thank you. I think I might apply this rule for In and Out. Can't get it unless I walk/run there.
    Please dont Tease me!! I went to vegas a few weeks ago and I jogged 3 miles to get my in and out right on Tropicana. Yummy!~! In and Out is my favorite Fast Food by far. However, we dont have it on this side of the country.
    That's my favorite In and Out. It was always the first place I'd hit after picking up the rental car. Fortunately they don't have those on this side of the country. I haven't had any fast food since joining MFP and have only eaten out a few times since then. When I have I've picked places with healthier options. I used to automatically dismiss any thing that claimed to be healthy when I looked at a menu. Now I try to see what healthy options they have before I go.

Understood.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    If I am going to consume a quantity of alcohol I try to run earlier in the day.

I stopped by McDonalds at the end of my run a couple months ago on my way to pick up the kids from Daycare. It was for them, not me, and I felt super awkward standing all sweaty in the dining room waiting for my burgers. I felt even more conspicuous walking down the street in my running gear brandishing that big paper bag. It seemed kind of ironic in a way.
  • almapig1
    Options
    Mike, have you considered writing a book? You are a great writer and very entertaining. I always look forward to reading your rants. =)

Thank You. I am considering but its not a green light yet. I am just curious to know what people like. Will they buy it? You know those type of things before I go out and do it.

I would totally buy the book. I stalk MFP for your daily rant. Plus I have several friends who love to read and would love your sense of humor.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Mike, have you considered writing a book? You are a great writer and very entertaining. I always look forward to reading your rants. =)

Thank You. I am considering but its not a green light yet. I am just curious to know what people like. Will they buy it? You know those type of things before I go out and do it.

I would totally buy the book. I stalk MFP for your daily rant. Plus I have several friends who love to read and would love your sense of humor.

Well thats awesome! Thanks a lot.
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Love your posts! Keep posting!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Love your posts! Keep posting!

Thank You!