WTF is a thigh gap?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It is a casual apparel thigh that has struggled since the late 90's due to being sandwiched between a lower and higher sister company, those companies being Thigh Banana Republic and Thigh Old Navy.

hilarious!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Ha-This is actually a rather funny thread.

In all seriousness though I just wanted to add that I have a small gap and I
    1. am not bowlegged
    2. am not anorexic
    3. do not have very wide hips
    I just tend to have skinny legs and lose weight in my legs quick that's all--its genetic. I also carry more fat on my belly than anywhere else and find I tend to look bad (too thin overall) when I lose the required weight to make my abs visible---that's genetic too :)
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Fan of thigh gap.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    the pen test is where you lie on your back with a pen perpidicular to the floor- if your stomach rises above the pen, you fail.

That's funny. In my day, the "pen test" was how you checked for saggy boobs. If you put a pen or pencil under your boob and it fell out, you were 'perky'! Or just plain flat chested.
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It is a casual apparel thigh that has struggled since the late 90's due to being sandwiched between a lower and higher sister company, those companies being Thigh Banana Republic and Thigh Old Navy.

Best Comment Ever!!!!! :laugh:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I cant help but think some of the sudden obsession over thigh gaps is due to a particular website....

ETA: I hope not cuz that site promotes extremely unhealthy and unrealistic body image.

I first encountered the concept of thigh gap in the book "Something Blue", sequel to "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. It came out in 2006 and was quite popular I believe. A movie was made of the first book that came out in 2011.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows I want a Thigh Gap...and I don't care what anyone thinks...Who really want their thighs to rub together or touch..No one.... Want the dimples in my lower back to...NAH!! AHAHAH
  • MzKameka
    MzKameka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    its what happens when you get a girl liquored up enough

LMFAOOOOOOO I bet your single
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Good Gawd. No wonder kids these days are so unhappy with their bodies. No matter what, they will never feel secure because it's impossible to ever be perfect. And perfect does not exist. :sick:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    the pen test is where you lie on your back with a pen perpidicular to the floor- if your stomach rises above the pen, you fail.

That's funny. In my day, the "pen test" was how you checked for saggy boobs. If you put a pen or pencil under your boob and it fell out, you were 'perky'! Or just plain flat chested.

I'm 23 and that's what I thought it meant, too...