Amputee on a mission.

Options

Replies

• EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service.

You are a motivation to all, and so many people cant make excuses now. Thanks
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Had the blood draw today. I hope all the levels are on target. Need to walk more again today. Head cold is almost gone.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm also an Amputee, i lost my left leg fron just below my hip with a road accident years ago, also been struggling with my weight for years, I wish you luck and i kinda know a bit what your going through,
    Add me if you like,

Andy
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Still fighting head cold, but got antibiotics since its been like three weeks now with this thing. Calories intake is good. Exercise not been happening. I'm getting behind on what I was trying to do. I guess it will only take longer.

Thanks for everybody support.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Happy birthday to the United States Marine Corps! Tonight I will be way over on calories due to alcohol. My wife will keep me in check. Good news I have been bellow calories most days anyway so maybe it wont be to bad. LOL.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    OK USMC B-day over and now to get back on track before thanksgiving. Good Luck to all.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Been away for a while. I have to get back on the game to lose these last few pounds and get the running legs going again.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Been away for a while. I have to get back on it. I started Insanity today with the fit test. Some good, some not so good. the good thing since I have been away I have lost some weight. I got to keep going. Wife is back on board again. She is going to kick my butt.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Insanity day 1. Ouch. I can do most, but still way out of shape as far as endurance.
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thank you for you service. Keeping us safe and free. You are truly a hero! <3
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your amazing sacrifice and service to our country.

God Bless you and your family.
  • QueenJaneRoughly
    Options
    Thank you for your service. You're such an inspiration!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I saw the title and came here to say you rock! After reading it, I love your attitude :)

And also, thank you!
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ^5

Good Luck to you and the Mrs on this journey! :smile:

-Elle
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    Thanks Marine for your dedicated service.....I salute you.........
  • scolept
    Options
    Wow, you are truly amazing! I thank you for your service to our country. I have faith that you will reach your goal and surpass it! Good luck!
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So I am a Iraq vet who had a amputation back in 2008 due to issues from blast injures from 2005. Being a amputee you have to relearn how to be active again. Well for the first two years it was hard to be active due to fit issues with my legs, then the last two years it has gotten better. My wife and I are on a mission to stay active and healthy for our son. My first goal is to get my body weight down to about 190. Thats only 10 more pounds for me to lose. The second is to be able to run a 5k. In the Marines we have to run 3 miles in under 30-28 minutes in my age range. I hated running before because I was forced to, now I want to run because I have not been able to. Its funny you want something you seem to not be able to have so easily.

You are a hero and a role model. I salute you and are my motivator for 2013! Get some! Airborne!!!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You can do it devil dog...Ooh Rah
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrf6W9DH7aqsLptg0_Od-gOLMrVN2COyLtOl0LdixOYFZs5jvc
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Your story is really inspiring. Kudos to you and your wife for getting up and getting moving. Keep the fight alive.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Dude, number one, you're just effin awesome. Thank you for your service and sacrifice and I am SO glad you returned safe and sound to your family and are living a beautiful life!

You can do this! From the sound of things, you've already overcome the biggest obstacles of all. You'll be running a 5k in no time with hard work and moivation. Good luck to both you and your wife :drinker: :heart: