Sixers Valentine Vixens WK 2

Options

Replies

• Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 241.2 lbs / PROGRESS +.2 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 145.8 lbs / PROGRESS -1.0 lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.8 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 227.8 lbs / PROGRESS +2 lbs
    moonq8.....................................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 200.6 lbs/ PROGRESS 0
    Amy S (amyls8710)................SW 271 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 267 lbs / PROGRESS - 4.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 185.0 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 184.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 1 lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 154 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 155.8 lbs / PROGRESS +1.8 lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 210.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 198.0lbs / GW 192 lbs / CW 200.0 lbs / PROGRESS +2.0 lbs
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 167.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 1 lb
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.8 lbs / PROGRESS -0.9 lbs
    Kelly(redneckwoman) SW 152.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 150.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.0 lbs

Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.5 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Verda (vhuber)..........................SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 147.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 146.8 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 201 lbs/ GW 190lbs/ CW201 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Melanie (Melanieann48111)..SW 153 lbs/ GW 146lbs/ CW 153 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    2bskinnyagain1978................SW 186 lbs/ GW xxx lbs / CW 186 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 218.4 lbs/ GW 209 lbs / CW 218.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 137 / PROGRESS +/- 0
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 142.4 lbs / GW 137.4 lbs / CW 142.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW 146lbs / GW 136 lbs / CW 146 lbs / PROGRESS
    izzypup.......................................SW 187 lbs / GW 180 lbs / CW 187 lbs / PROGRESS

Woohoo down 2 lbs. My new motto is KEEP ON SHREDDING...

Kel:heart:
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Okay I am goin to try to do some personals:

Verda- How was your day of pampering? Hopefully it made you feel better. Thank you for all your support.

Amyls- Great job on your frist week. You sure are on top of it!! Yep that bandage got me through the workout yesterday but by the end of the day I wanted to scream my toe hurt so bad from walking around. So I will work out early again today.

Amylou- Great job on your loss this past week. I start level 3 in a couple of days. I am kind of looking forward to doing it. Did you do the full 30 days?

B- . Hang in there next week will be amazing you just wait and see.

Cathy-Thank you for starting the thread this week. We are all here for you as you know. So just keep up the great job you are already doing and you will be quiet surprised by the end of the week. I will be happy to join you in the calorie count.

Ali- Sometimes we gain not only because of TOM but because we are gaining muscle. Keep up the great work.

Kristin- Great job on your loss. I bet your baby is growing like crazy!

Lauryn- Have fun at Disney! Wish I was going with you guys. It seems like lately everyone I know is going to the happiest place on earth.

Tamm- More than likely its the birth control pills. Hang in there.

Nicole- Great job on your loss.

Amypry- You did great!! I know things have been crazy for your lately. Soon the living room will be done and you will be working out again.

To any one I may have missed I am sorry. I had to sit here and write out on a separate paper just to remember what I did. It's the only way I can keep up these days.

Have a wonderful day.
  • greenerme
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I am going to weigh in Wed. morning... I wasn't at home today so no chance to check the scale... I hope I am around 155... but who knows... it could be way less or more... :huh: I haven't been on a scale since the sixers fall challenge (yikes)... so I hope that I didn't get WAY off track!

This week is crazy for me... I have to try and eat healthy through 3 meetings and 1 all-day conference... my plan is to fill up with greens and drink a ton of water... plus avoiding the cookies... :happy:

I hope you all have a happy, healthy day!!! :drinker:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    unfortunately it's just going back to the diabetic diet i lost a bunch on. so far i may have just barely lost the 3#s he wanted. i don't know what i weighed on his scale. i know it's close to mine. i haven't even lost inch's. that's what surprises me. i can put on a pair of pants and fit great. a few days to a week later i can't get them on. it's like i am ballooning. i am asking for the referral to an endro. i just keep plugging away. don't know. i do have my days were i get so frustrated. enough of me.

Cathy - If the diabetic diet works for you again, then that's good to know!! If not, definitely get your thyroid checked. But I think some folks are just sensitive to carbs. Over a year ago, I dropped 25 pounds easily in just 3 months because I went on a no carbs diet. I wasn't really counting my calories, I just stopped eating bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar. The only carb I did eat was steel cut oats for breakfast. The weight just fell off - the only exercise I got was walking a mile most days. I only did the no carbs to try to make myself feel better. I was having symptoms of hypoglycemia. The doctor ran a glucose tolerance test and confirmed it. But my low blood sugar seems to come only after I eat carbs. I can skip a meal and feel fine. When I went no carb, my symptoms went away and I felt great. Of course, I'm the bread queen. I just love bread!! So, I convinced myself that as long as it was whole grain and high fiber bread/pasta, well, I could eat it. Then I added brown rice and potatoes sometimes and the holidays hit and I started eating sugar. Needless to say, that slowly caused all my symptoms to come back and of course the weight I had lost.

So, starting today I'm going back to my old eating plan: no sugar, no carbs (except steel cut oats). I'm so going to miss bread. :sad: I'm also going back to eating twice in the morning, plus lunch and dinner. I eat oatmeal and then 2 hours later I have an egg and some ham. I did this last summer and it really helped curb the nighttime munchies. Good Luck with the new diet plan, Cathy! We can do this!!
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Oh by the way, I have a little success story to share....When I first started losing weight and joined MFP last Feb. My girlfriend bought me a one piece work out out fit very cute. Maker is nike. Size med 8-10. I started laughing when I held it up and said you must have a whole lot of confidence in me. Low and behold I wore it yesterday!!!! And it fit good!!! I held it up before I tried it on and held my breath at first. Then I jumped around the house for what must of been 5 minutes. Screaming OMG OMG. I really didn't think the day would come where I would wear it. So now it's time to check out the back of the closet.....

• amyls8710
    Options
    HERES TO A NEW WEEK GIRLS :

Verda- im so sorry you hav a sinus infection !!! :frown: they are no fun !!! ENjoy your day of pampering ! I always love my days when i can go get a mani/pedi and even sometimes a hair wash and blow dry to feel somewhat h uman after talking baby talk all day hahah !

amylou- Yep ... i took the baby out yesterday and whenever it said bump it up i either walked FASTER or i tried jogging it a few times ! hahah ! my body was like WAT IS GOING on hahaha ! way to go on the lb lost ! ONE LESS RIGHT ! ?!?

Muna- aka MOON- welcome... and thanks so much .... he is my heartstring! i find when i eat the same thing my body gets stuck so i have to definately ramp up my eating part !!! trying new recipes.... searching new ideas ! otherwise i think our bodies go on STRIKE haha ! i think itsa personal thing ! I wouldnt wanna be to a nutrionist... but some people may .... I like to be accountable for myself.... and not have someone tell me what to do or eat... thats why ilove myfitnesspal !!!! Good support, tracks my weight and food.... !!!! its awesome! we are all here for you... i say give it another two weeks.... measure... and weigh... and if you havent lost ANYTHING ..... like B said... inches nor lbs then maybe stop seeing him !

Pam -- sorry your hubby is sick ! :frown: i think you can TOTALLY make your goal ! very do-able ! GOOD LUCK !

Melanie-- good luck working hard against "PMS" time.... i call it the PLAGUE hahah ! .... and good luck weighin in on friday ! hopefully youll have better results ! keep on working !!!!

cathy-- thanks for starting the new thread ! I had been trying to get on all morning but couldnt get the site to work ! ... thankfully i got it to work down to my hubbys work for a few minutes !!!! to post my weight earlier ! loved your all about you post ! I love getting to know people better ! good for you for working out so hard ! WE are here for you ! good luck with the change ! I FEEL AWESOME ... i lost 5 lbs the week prior to joining mfp.... and now 4 lbs this week .... IM SO EXCITED !

lorna-- hey girl !

B- you are so cute ! hehe ! totally something i would do ... like weigh a diff time to see if it changes ! I TRY TO WEIGH each week early morning before breakfast ! right after i wake up ! WHATEVER THAT NUMBER is .... is the one i track ! and i think YOU have been working HARD ! so i think ur body is building that muscle up !

Alison-- i think all that jogging is building muscle .... and if TOM is nearby or here already then hey it explains alot ! Aw dont pout girl ! HERES TO AN AWESOME week and a great unofficial and official weigh in ! we are here for ya

Kristin-- WAY TO GO GIRL ! hahah i have a lot more to lose then ALL OF YOU ! so it may account for big numbers two weeks in a row hahah !

Laurynn- ! sorry youve been dealing with a lot lately ! ah i love disney ! hope you have a GREAT TRIP !

Tamm-- could be a number of things girl ! or all of them ! keep on working hard and the results will pay off!

Nicole-- WAY TO GO for you !

amy(pyr) GOOD FOR YOU GIRL ! ..... good luck with all your mini weekly goals!

Kel -- way to go .... a hurt toe.... and STILL down 2 lbs ! ... KEEP ON SHREDDING is right ! ur doing fabulous

Em- good luck withyour weigh in ! it is scary getting on a scale after a few months have past ! hahah good luck getting thru a stressful work week !

hi to everyone else or anyone i might have missed !
    be back laterz ! :flowerforyou:
  • amyls8710
    Options
    ps. KEL THAT IS AWESOME ! I think its grea tto have INCENTIVE clothing ! I have some size 20 jeans that im dying to get back into ! ..... last time i wore them was before i got pregnant with my son ! SO IM WORKING HARD TO GET INTO THOSE ! then ill buy a few 16 :) and wait to get into those !
  • Redneckwoman
    Options
    Amyls- You will be threre in no time. Look at the progress you have already made.:flowerforyou:

• amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way, I have a little success story to share....When I first started losing weight and joined MFP last Feb. My girlfriend bought me a one piece work out out fit very cute. Maker is nike. Size med 8-10. I started laughing when I held it up and said you must have a whole lot of confidence in me. Low and behold I wore it yesterday!!!! And it fit good!!! I held it up before I tried it on and held my breath at first. Then I jumped around the house for what must of been 5 minutes. Screaming OMG OMG. I really didn't think the day would come where I would wear it. So now it's time to check out the back of the closet.....

Whoo hoo!!! Kel, that's fantastic!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 241.2 lbs / PROGRESS +.2 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 145.8 lbs / PROGRESS -1.0 lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.8 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 227.8 lbs / PROGRESS +2 lbs
    moonq8.....................................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 200.6 lbs/ PROGRESS 0
    Amy S (amyls8710)................SW 271 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 267 lbs / PROGRESS - 4.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 185.0 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 184.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 1 lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 154 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 155.8 lbs / PROGRESS +1.8 lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 210.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- 0 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 198.0lbs / GW 192 lbs / CW 200.0 lbs / PROGRESS +2.0 lbs
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 167.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 1 lb
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.8 lbs / PROGRESS -0.9 lbs
    Kelly(redneckwoman) SW 152.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 150.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW 146lbs / GW 136 lbs / CW 148 lbs / PROGRESS + 2

Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.5 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Verda (vhuber)..........................SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 147.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 146.8 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 201 lbs/ GW 190lbs/ CW201 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Melanie (Melanieann48111)..SW 153 lbs/ GW 146lbs/ CW 153 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    2bskinnyagain1978................SW 186 lbs/ GW xxx lbs / CW 186 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 218.4 lbs/ GW 209 lbs / CW 218.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 137 / PROGRESS +/- 0
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 142.4 lbs / GW 137.4 lbs / CW 142.4 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs
    izzypup.......................................SW 187 lbs / GW 180 lbs / CW 187 lbs / PROGRESS

---hmmm so up 2 lbs which is either water weight (will weigh in again to double check), a result of working nights/no sleep, or stress and eating! lol. either way, I mad a healthy soup to eat for dinenr to night. (have to work 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. then study and get ready for my test. plus this B*tch at school (excuse my language, you all know I'm usually a sweetie) totally sabbotaged me by lying and making me have to work AN EXTRA day. She basically lied and said she worked a 24 hour day. then when our head doctor said we could ALL get off early so we could study she went out of her way to say... no I think "I'm" the only one who can get off early. So now I'm conflicted between telling on her because she did NOT do a 24 hour shift, or just letting it slide and knowing that in the end it will all work out and evil doesn't prosper. hmmm... it's just so unfair because she basically has had 2 EXTRA days to study and me and my other classmate are stuck picking up the slack and working 2 extra days! ARGGGG! Well... I know the story is kinda choppy so you may not get it, but I just needed to vent. >:-( and now I need to study because I NOW HAVE TO WORK AGAIN TONIGHT and the test is coming!!! Pray for me team!
  • greenerme
    Options
    Cathy- Maybe with this diet the doc has you on it will bump that metabolism into gear. Shakin' it up a little.

unfortunately it's just going back to the diabetic diet i lost a bunch on. so far i may have just barely lost the 3#s he wanted. i don't know what i weighed on his scale. i know it's close to mine. i haven't even lost inch's. that's what surprises me. i can put on a pair of pants and fit great. a few days to a week later i can't get them on. it's like i am ballooning. i am asking for the referral to an endro. i just keep plugging away. don't know. i do have my days were i get so frustrated. enough of me.

amyls.....wow your first week was great. how do you feel?

chipper. keep the spirits up!!! I know how it feels... even when I am super good in terms of nutrition and exercise I fluctuate like crazy... one day I feel great the next I feel like a whale... I think some of it is salt / water related but other than that I can't explain most of the ups and downs... sometimes I blame it on stress etc... but it is very frusterating.... anyways we are here for you and even if your weight / measurments don't do it justice the healthy choices we make have such a positive effect on our bodies... keep it up!!!!!!!!!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options

YAY! love this! haha Kel you are such an inspiration I adore you!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    way to go shredder.....let's see a pic in your new workout duds.......
    i sent up a prayer tiff. he'll handle it.

just piddling around the house today.

later
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    thanks Chipper! I hope you feel better. you are so encouraging to me! keep up the good work (no matter how the scale changes!)!! :-D
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey girls...quickly stopping by...

I'm a little disappointed I'm going to go over in calories today. We had a pizza luncheon at work today. 2 slices was over 800 calories!:noway: :grumble:

Oh well...drinking LOTS of water and planning some treadmill time tonight.

Hope you're all having a good afternoon!
  • amyls8710
    Options
    Kel - thanks girl ! I APPRECIATE all the support !

tiff-- agh i hate people that lie to get ahead in life ! ARGH ! i feel for ya ! im with you on that i think its probably water weight that you gained ! KEEP doing great ! sometimes when our schedules are OFF ... our bodies play tricks on us! keep it up !

B- my workout buddy ! HOWS YOUR DAY GOING GAL !?!?!?!

kristin-- awwww .... Eat a healthy dinner :) and make up for it ;) !! a big salad haha ! ..... and the treadmill sounds FUN ! i want one ! hahaha !

OK SO MINI SUCCESS STORY HERE !

I decided i was going to be brave and try one of my FIRM workouts ! hadnt done them since before i got pregnant ! and the last time i tried one i half thought i was going to dIE ! hahahah ! so i said ... lemme give it a try ! WELL Guess WHAT !?!?!?

finished the entire 35 minute FAT BLASTING high intensity firm workout ..... and burned 495 calories ! YAY !

so proud ! and i finished feeling AWESOME and not out of breath at all !
    tomorrow is C25K week one DAY TWO ! :)! im going to see if my mom can keep the baby so i can do all the jogging sets ! if not ill DO As many as i can !
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Okay, time to catch up on my lovely ladies this week:

Cathy - As always, thanks for getting us started. And ditto back on the needing help. We'll prop each other up and push each other forward always. I'm not diabetic, but my body does not process high starch foods - although my body craves them. But like you, when I follow it, I do tend to lose weight.

B - no worries. Skip a week if you need to. We'll still be here next week. It's an overall success (heck, even a maintenance at the end of six weeks is a success in some of our dramatic lives).

Amylou - Awesome on the weight loss. Little celebration dance (burns calories too).

Moon - WELCOME

Alison - You and me, let's get our gloves out and beat the you know what out of TOM. Btw, when I started the C25K, I also ended up gaining weight for the like the first 1.5 to 2 weeks. Might be something about the jogging that has your body retain some of the water for a little while. But great job on the jogging. Keep it up. Don't let those measly tiny little 2 lb win!

Amyls - Our big inspiration for the week. You must be so excited for your 4 lb.

Kristin - Don't let Amyls' 4 lb overshadow your 1 lb. Huge success!!! Get in some exercise tonight and the pizza will be a distant memory.

Lauryn - It's a good thing we weren't emotionally eating together this past week. I think there may have been a cat fight over the yummies. According to the doctor's office this morning, I gained 4 lb. But we are in this together. If weight loss wasn't a roller coaster, what fun would that be. Think of all the walking you'll be doing at Disney. Have a great time!

Tam - I just started on birth control today and am nervous about that "slight" weight gain when I struggle so hard to lose. But you're doing awesome. Some things are just out of our control. Just keeping going strong like you do :)

Nicole - Great job on your lb. Wow, we have some real "losers" on here this week. Going to be a fun challenge. Keeps the rest of us hopeful and motivated.

amypyr - Just remember, on an old fashion scale, it would have been considered a whole lb. Round up (only when you are losing). Keep shakin' it up!

Kelly - WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! On the weight loss and your cute little workout outfit.

green - What a stressful day it sounds like you have. Take time for you :)

Tiff - Not sleeping definitely has its effect on your weight. I've been working nights, sleeping 5 hrs a day for over 2 years now, which is when I gained my weight. Don't sweat the 2 lb and get some rest for your beautiful body. As for your classmate, whatever you do, always remember that you are doing things the right way and will be rewarded for your goodness. If she wants to act that way, then she'll get what she deserves as well Your success will be justice enough :flowerforyou:

Sorry if I missed anybody. Flipping back and forth between screens. If i missed you, HI!!!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Went for my yearly doctor's appointment. Didn't want to because the cramps are bad. TOM is late by a week (not pregnant as I'm "fixed") But thought that this was the perfect time so he could do his exam and I could let him know I'm not crazy since every other time I tell him how bad the cramps are doing ovulation and TOM, he says he can't find anything (because I don't go when I'm having cramps). Well, he immediately sent me for a sonogram, which revealed a 3 cm cyst on my right ovary (the side that always hurts). I'M NOT CRAZY!!!! He says I probably get them every month (actually twice a month), but this one just kept growing. So, on birth control I go, which is frustrating because I'm obviously worried about any weight gain, but if it makes the pain go away, I'm all for it. Thank goodness hubby went with me and held my hand as the poking and prodding from doc and sonogram were excruciating.

So I came home and did a little more research and found out that high carb, high sugar foods and non-organic red meat can actually exacerbate the symptoms. Which is funny, because for two weeks, all I have been craving is high carb, high sugar foods, and even as a vegetarian have been taking bites of everyone's hamburgers and steaks. It's bad for me, but my body craves it?

Anyway, that was my day. Glad I finally have an answer. Now just need to learn self-control on my "bad for my body" foods so that I can make the pain go away for good. And no more excuses of "oh it's my TOM so I can eat whatever I want". At this rate, I'm going into my THIRD week :laugh:

Hope you all had a little less eventful day. Thanks for letting me vent.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    HEY SIXERS!!!!!!!! Im really tired today, mainly because I didnt fall asleep til around 2 am, and I woke up at 7 am, (you can blame my bf for this, I am haha). But my overall energy and enthusiasm is down today, I am doing great on my calories for a week now (except babysitting nights haha). I cant decided if I want to go see some friends I havent seen in over a week tonight, or if I want to go to the gym with my family... What do you guys think? I am going to order Jimmy Johns here in a minute for myself and my brother, So I dont have a whole lot of time for personals, so I think I am going to hold off and do them tonight.

For those of you who have shown loss CONGRATS!
    For those of you who have maintained, YAY!!!!
    And for those of you who have gained, WE CAN DO IT!! STICK WITH IT!!! LEAN ON US!!!

Oh and for those of you who have worked out today, YAY!!! GOOD JOB!!!!!

Now stick with your calories and water ladies, We can all lose for our total six weeks!!!
    B
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    lula...so glad you have an answer. that alone makes you feel better. are they going to remove it? the first time i went on birth control i gianed 60#s had a reaction. so i could never take them. i hear there are some that help you lose weight.

having salmon for dinner. think i will get the list together for the garden. and maybe start working on it some weekend soon.

later