I don't watch or own a TV...am I the only one????

Options
123457»

Replies

• vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I think it is actually a good thing not having a t.v. or even watching it that much. I do have a t.v. but I don't really have time to watch it also. I use to watch like 5-6 hours of t.v. a day when I was younger(I think that contributed to my weight gain) but now between school, my 4 year old, cleaning, working out ect. I limit myself to about an hour or 2 a day, and most times I don't get that!
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    I do have a tv (no cable or anything), but it never gets used except for my Wii or Super Nintendo (even those are limited to workout games or friends coming over). I have netflix on my Laptop- Usually when I get home from work at 10pm I'll put something on while I wind down for the night and get my lunch ready for the next day. I understand though. I'm single, but work 60 hours or more a week, I'm a Graduate student writing my thesis and taking my last 10 credit hours. Between work, school, research, and gym, I'm lucky to find time to sleep, grocery shop, and eat. Netflix is only on when research is being done or cooking (I, like many seem to need background noise...maybe without I'd succumb to sleep!). I do admit, I have a movie night once a week with my best friends- kind of like a mini-vacation in all of the madness for a couple of hours.

Also, like many of you, I get the weirdest looks/reactions when people find out I don't have cable, or some fancy new tv, or watch tv very often. My Tv is probably as old as I am. :-p I don't even know if it could handle cable!
  • Drewillbeback111
    Options
    Nope.... I own a tv, but spend very little time watching it, football season and an occasional movie, thats about it. There is not much on anyway, although I have to admit, there is a new show on Thursdays that I record and watch sometime over the weekend. Its the new show about a Nuc. sub and its crew...

Just curious, is that a pic of you? If so, how cwn you still have 40 lbs to lose?