PIZZA!! I need Pizza!

Options
13»

Replies

• sweetteacher123
    Options
    I saw the idea on here to use a large portabello mushroom as the crust, then add the tomato sauce, low-fat mozzerella, and lots of veggies as toppings. If you use meat, make sure to try to use a lower fat version. However, sometimes I find that if you use lots of tasty veggies on the top, I don't need meat! Hope this helps.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=60319&ref=/SearchRecipesResult.aspx?SearchType=1&q=buffalo+chicken+pizza

Im gonna make this for me and the bf with some tweaks. We're not the biggest fans of blue cheese so we're using colby jack and we're using jalepenos instead of green peppers and using half a can of chicken per pizza (maybe). and country crock instead of butter (at least for mine if i eat one). tada?
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I buy those smart ones pizzas firestoned crust LOVE THEM I just had one. I usually eat one every other week but they are great i leave it in extra long for the crispy crust
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    I have this problem, too. I just cant stop. Horrible portion control pizzas. My vice is dominos. I bought a small pizza, took the slices I wanted to eat and threw out the rest. I realize this is a waste, but I dont do it very often. Or else, share with a friend.
  • AmyG77
    AmyG77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know what u mean!! I can semi-satisfy my craving by using Flat Out Light wraps with all the veggies I want, 2% cheese, Cantanida pizza sauce, and get this--- TURKEY PEPPERONI !!! It taste ALOT like the real deal, just less greasy! You can also use a light pita or light english muffins. Good Luck! Check out the nutrition facts on these-- really not bad, especially if u cut the turkey pepperoni portion in half!---8 slices instead of 17!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I love pizza! My favorites are:

Papa Murphey's Take & Bake (if you have one) veggie delite is AWESOME

We make home made pizza's on the Orowheat Thins, they are delish! Sauce, cheese, mushrooms & I use canadian bacon
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    I love pizza as well... I usually order it with no cheese, or I peel the cheese off and give it to who ever I'm eating my pizza with :)
  • andrea119
    Options
    I personally Like Chef boyrdee pizza in a box, it gives you a bunch of different options, you can make the pizza with sauce only or you can add just parmesean cheese if you are worried about calories, I usually try to buy the cheese pizza kit, not as many calories, i make this when I am only having it for the entire day. Can also snack on it for the rest of the day, just try it the sauce is amazing.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love Amy's Spinach Pizza. 1/3 of an entire pizza is only 310 calories! I buy it frozen in a three pack from Costco. On pizza night, the kids get a cheesy super pizza of their choice of brand and flavor, and I make a second pizza that I can eat some of (the Amy's pizza).
    I stay out of Pizza Hut, etc, because I hate to tempt myself with something that can be so hard to resist.
  • anotheryrolder
    Options
    bump for the recipes!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    someone deliver me some pizza please

I tip good!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    here's a pizza "dip" recipe:

What You Need: 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    1 tsp. Italian seasoning
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
    1 cup pizza sauce
    WHEAT THINS Original Crackers

HEAT oven to 350ºF.

BEAT cream cheese and seasoning with mixer until well blended. Spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate; top with 1 cup mozzarella, pizza sauce and remaining mozzarella.

BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until dip is heated through and cheese is melted.

SERVE with crackers.

Sorry, I don't have the nutrition info, but I use the reduced fat cream cheese version and low fat cheese anyway, and serve as a treat with reduced fat crackers. No one is the wiser, and it's always gone right away.
    Here's the website..
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/baked-pizza-dip-51737.aspx
  • jesskennedy
    Options
    i take a ciabatta roll, cut in in half widthways, and put a table spoon of tomato puree on each slice. i then grate 50g low fat cheese and sprinkle half on each roll. you can put any other toppings on you want then, and make whatever pizza u like : ). after that, grill it for a few minutes until the bread becomes toasted and the cheese melts. ive just made cheese, chicken and bbq sauce, and its only about 170-180 calories a slice, and its really filling : )
  • hsc5690
    hsc5690 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    The last few weeks I've found something I've never seen before in my local HyVee Store. Its called Flatoutbread. I used it tonight topped with a small amount of pizza sauce, 4 oz of cooked Ground Turkey, green onions, green peppers and a small amound of Mozzarella Cheese. 400 Calories and it made a very filling and tasty meal. BAked it for 20 minutes and it was delecious! I'm a pizza fan and I'll probably do this quite frequently.:smile:
  • reedwoman814
    Options
    I am a huge pizza eater too!

I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if anyone suggested this, but using a pita round can be a great alternative crust. I bake mine at 375 for about 5 minutes to crisp it up, and then top it with sauce and veggies and then I've used light babybell cheese or a measured amount of italian blend shredded cheese. Pop it back in the oven til the cheese is good and bubbly. Makes a great personal sized pizza that's not insanely caloric and fattening, and pita bread is not expensive.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Saving these fantastic ideas to my topics.Yum!