Mike’s Daily Rant Part 2 lol 10/31/2012 deleted

Options
13»

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Original Daily Rant 10/31/2012

Modified Version (Not exact but in a nutshell)

Went to gym saw a guy circling parking lot for a close spot. He Circled 5 times. I parked in the back because I always do even if lot is not full. He places handicap placard on rearview mirror and pulls into handicap spot. locks doors. Runs up to the gym door and holds it open for me. I say to him shouldn’t I be holding door for you since you are disabled? He giggles says there was nowhere to park. I stress that there were plenty in the back where I parked for people like me that can walk just fine.
    Gets in Locker room he brags about having to pull out handicap placard to friends in the locker room and they tell him he’s wrong. He claims that he only took up 1 of the 4 spots and that he doesn’t see any other disabled people working out at this gym except the one guy in a wheel chair. As soon as he finishes saying that, the guy in the wheel chair rolls up. We all erupt into laughter. We are not laughing at situation just the timing. We tell him what we were laughing at and laughs also. After this encounter I laughed but I realize that I’m bothered by what he did. Mainly because people cheat the system and country so much that small things like this really measure or turn into something large. And its ironic that people are lazy and try to park so close when they are going to the gym. That is pretty much it in nutshell.

I guess I am the "un-trolliest" person ever, because I cannot think of anything negative to say. It is wrong someone would do that, and it is sad that someone could be that lazy (esp. at the gym). The people who had a problem with it are probably guilty of doing it lol
    Keep on posting, Mike :)

LOL they were just mean and nasty.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Love 'em. Keep 'em comin'.

I'm glad I got to read the original and most of the replies!

Was I wrong though? Its weird.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I clicked on your post just as it got deleted so I missed it but either way. Keep on keepin' on.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting a modified version. I'm sure the original was much funnier. Damn trolls.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Thanks for posting a modified version. I'm sure the original was much funnier. Damn trolls.

Lol. i just asked MFP if they can message it back to me. It met all guidelines so I will let you all know.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I clicked on your post just as it got deleted so I missed it but either way. Keep on keepin' on.

Thanks! Will do.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Original Daily Rant 10/31/2012

Modified Version (Not exact but in a nutshell)

Went to gym saw a guy circling parking lot for a close spot. He Circled 5 times. I parked in the back because I always do even if lot is not full. He places handicap placard on rearview mirror and pulls into handicap spot. locks doors. Runs up to the gym door and holds it open for me. I say to him shouldn’t I be holding door for you since you are disabled? He giggles says there was nowhere to park. I stress that there were plenty in the back where I parked for people like me that can walk just fine.
    Gets in Locker room he brags about having to pull out handicap placard to friends in the locker room and they tell him he’s wrong. He claims that he only took up 1 of the 4 spots and that he doesn’t see any other disabled people working out at this gym except the one guy in a wheel chair. As soon as he finishes saying that, the guy in the wheel chair rolls up. We all erupt into laughter. We are not laughing at situation just the timing. We tell him what we were laughing at and laughs also. After this encounter I laughed but I realize that I’m bothered by what he did. Mainly because people cheat the system and country so much that small things like this really measure or turn into something large. And its ironic that people are lazy and try to park so close when they are going to the gym. That is pretty much it in nutshell.

I guess I am the "un-trolliest" person ever, because I cannot think of anything negative to say. It is wrong someone would do that, and it is sad that someone could be that lazy (esp. at the gym). The people who had a problem with it are probably guilty of doing it lol
    Keep on posting, Mike :)

LOL they were just mean and nasty.

I really cant imagine people complaining about anything on that post. I see them probably attacking you personally, not your post. What an odd thing for people to attack.

Personally, when I go to the gym, I get the farthest parking just so I can walk a bit more. I dont understand why people aim for parking spaces right next to the gym when they're gonna be working out. I use the walk across the parking lot as a warm up/cool down.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

11. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators

a) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the Forums or in Groups. If you have a question or concern about a moderator or admin action, please email one of the moderators or Steven, an MFP staff with your concern and we will investigate the matter promptly.

b) If you have concerns about another poster, or wish to report a guideline violation, the only appropriate venue is to use the Report Post link or to message a moderator or Steven, an MFP staff member. You may not air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in the Feedback or Help forums

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.