Nicest thing anyone has said to you.

Options

Replies

• NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My 19 year old son told me I looked fit and that I had a flat stomach. A true compliment as he is an Exercise Science major and only dates girls who are a size 4 or less. (He takes great care of himself and likes someone who does the same).
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    A random stranger (female) as I walked into a gas station store ..."WOW! you have a gorgeous smile, let me see you smile again!"
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    after i had lost about 30 or 40 pounds someone said "looks like you have lost some weight but you are still fat" i loved the honesty and was glad they didnt spout some lie like "you look great!".
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "you are the wittiest person I know" To which I of course replied..
    You might need to get out more.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    People have said nice things to me now and then. One that stands out was when I was riding the Metro in DC, and an attractive man was eyeing me. When I got off at my stop, as the doors were closing, he shouted at me, "NICE *kitten*!!"

I could tell that he had seen many men's *kitten* in his time, likely up close, and in great detail. It was very flattering to have such a connoisseur tell me that mine was remarkable.
  • eringarc
    eringarc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I dont if it is the nicest, but it is the most recent.

I was as the store buying something for my Halloween costume, and the cashier looks at me and says. "You are so tall and slender, you are so lucky you can pull it off."

I went to my car and sat in the front seat and cried a little, because she was talking about me....and it felt really really f@cking good.

Yeah You! I can identify with the overwhelming crying part too!
  • eringarc
    eringarc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When i was super chubby and hating myself my nephew was 4 ish...... I came out to the living room about to go out and he said "Haunty you look pretty" it made me cry :blushing: I still remember that moment like it was yesterday, it was really 9 years ago.

Super sweet :flowerforyou:
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    such good comments! I like this positivity!!

I have two, lately:

-a friend says being around me makes him want to be better

-my daughter (23) telling me how proud she is of me and I deserve more happiness than I have right now
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    I work in a big company and one of the women I was sat next to sighed before asking me " how do you always look so glamorous" this lead to a discussion from my team who then voted me the most glamorous and sexy woman in our office! Now that's against a lot of skinny much younger girls, how lovely was that.

Suffice to say I walked around on air that day ...downside , even on dress down Fridays I feel I can't and end up over dressing!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Whenever I tell people/strangers how old I am...almost ALL of them tell me I don't look my age, I look 15-20 years younger. I LOVE when people say that! It make me imagine how "young" I'll look when I get rid of this ugly FAT off my body.

My children: They are always telling me how much they love me and my girls tell me they want to be like me when they are grown and my sons tell me they want to marry a women like me--I LOVE that!

My husband: He NEVER complains about how big I am, when I ask him why not, he says I'm just a gorgeous as when I was a size 2 many moons ago. He's ALWAYS telling me how "cute" I am.

My neighbors: They are always telling me how happy, well behave and polite my children are--that makes me feel good, because I'm a mean/strict mother.

My frienimies: whenever they say something mean or hurtful...I take it as a kindness, because many times people that love you won't tell you the TRUTH like an enemy or frienimies will! The wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy. Proverbs 27:6)
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was at a party & a total stranger told me I was beautiful. I get a lot of compliments that I always look nice. That's just because I'm good with my hair & makeup. My favorite is when someone private messages me on here or Facebook & tells me that my weight loss & dedication has inspired them to lose weight. That's the best & most motivating thing EVER!!! Oh & a guy I went to school with told me the other day on Facebook that if I get any smaller I'll have to join the hot skinny yoga pants club. Far from it, but it sure did feel great! Lol.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    An ex partner telling me (I was grousing about not being good at anything) that I had a talent for living.
    A talent for living - I love that.
    My 3 year old son told me I'm his girlfriend. He's such a sweetie.
  • LOVEthyself_
    Options
    I can't imagine my life without you in it. Will you marry me?

ETA: said by my now husband

so cute!!!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    The 26 year old (male) friend of my son in law, told my 18 year old daughter that I was very sexy (I'm 46).

Same daughter but her girl friend this time, told her that I was hot.

I have heard a lot lately that I have really good skin.

I hear all the time that I'm hilariously funny.

I think the last one is best!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    One day while shopping at the grocery store, a guy approached me just to tell me he thought I was gorgeous.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're looking fit.
    (This from a die-hard athlete.)
  • kdward83
    Options
    This is not the nicest thing anyone has said to me (my husband tells me I'm beautiful all the time), but out of the ordinary-yesterday a man (probably a little younger than me) at the gas station told me I was beautiful and asked if he could pump my gas for me because it was cold and rainy out! I didn't let him, but it made my whole night!
  • barky586
    Options
    Just today...at a new gym, a lady asked me if I do competitions! And also not being recognized...my boss of 21-1/2 years hadn't seen me since I was really large and didn't even reconize me...no one really does actually.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's the nicest thing but it certainly made me feel good recently.

I had lost a lot of weight, but gained around half of it back recently. Luckily I never let myself get all the way back to where I started. Anyway, I was telling my boyfriend how upset I was about it and how ugly I felt. He told me that he loved everything about me at my heaviest and would love me no matter how much or how little weight I lost. That made me feel pretty good. I mean, I'm not doing this to impress him or anyone else. I'm doing it for me, but it helps to know he always will find me attractive :)
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I cried like a baby when my youngest child hugged me and said, "Mommy my hands touch when I hug you!" It was one of my best moments :)