who eats the same foods every day?

Options

Replies

• lissavlog
    Options
    i have the same thing for breakfast every day. i don't change up lunch that much. i have a variety of things for dinner.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i would get too bored with that!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same, dinner changes and my snacks are often the same but do vary depending on the workout I have planned for the day.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I make meals based on 2-6 servings then will eat that same meal 2-6x sometimes the same food 2-3x in one day...some things just don't freeze or keep well. I don't mind though, I get enough variety in my meals long term.
  • PlusSizeGal
    PlusSizeGal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact way. I go food shopping once a week and I spent about $75. On food every week.
    I kno what I'm getting this way it won't take me more than an hour in the market.
    I'm always buying fresh foods. And I make baked chicken almost every day if not I switch it a Lil and I make fish fillers.
    It's the same with my lunch but I will have tea everyday and tuna with tomatoes or sardines on a flat whole wheat bread.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm usually like that with my breakfast - oatmeal & peanut butter, fruit, coffee (some mornings black, some mornings as a cappucino). Other meals, not so much.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list. breakfast is eggs and oatmeal. lunch is mcdonalds. dinner switches up, but only among the same 4-5 foods. totally fine with this. like the OP, this makes it hella easy to grocery shop
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Aside from this past week (Thank you Sandy!) I eat pretty much the same foods.

Breakfast is a protein shake, I may mix up what fruits go in.

Lunch is usually either: A) two orders of grilled nuggets from Chick Fil A with ranch and buffalo sauce, or a Chipotle bowl with pinto beans, steak, cheese, fajita veggies and light sour cream and hot sauce. I may "mix up" the order and get chicken instead.

Snacks are generally a slice of salami with cheese.

Dinner... it does vary!

(If you haven't noticed, I don't eat much carbs...)
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    My breakfast and lunch are almost always the same, dinner is a variety of things predominantly chicken based. Every once in a while I get a steak in or sausage. The really good days are the ones that end with dessert, nothing like a good 1/2 cup of ice cream, yum.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing during the work week and only change up dinners a small amount. Weekends are where the changes take place. I always spend one day on the weekend cooking and prepping for the work week:drinker:
  • RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yep, pretty much the same everything, everyday. Maybe I'll change condiments or such, but that's about it. I really enjoy what I'm eating so it's pretty awesome. The only time something will change is if I'm going out to eat.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the same menu every day, but I eat the same 2-3 breakfasts, 3-4 lunches and snacks every week. My dinners change the most often.

With that being said, I would be perfectly fine having my omelete for breakfast every day and my eggwhite salad with homemade pita chips for lunch every day ... but I don't do so because I figure my friends will make fun of me, lol.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Only for Breakfast, really. It varies week to week as I plan out what I'm cooking and what I'm using for leftovers.

3 days of cooking sits for a weeks' worth of meals. So I tend to eat those often, so the same thing, over and over, till I run out, then I plan the next week.

On breakfasts though, since I'm outta the house, its always the same: A quick boost of a helping of Carnation's Breakfast essetials, one extra serving of skim milk, and a Fiber One - Chocolate and Oats bar.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I often do on work days for breakfast and lunch. However supper is always different and the weekends are generally different. I think it is important for our bodies to switch it up and give some variety but the convience on the work days is had to pass on.

This!
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    I'm the same as a lot of the responses on here. Breakfast and lunch are normally the same, dinner is different day to day. Mostly because I have to eat what my mother prepares for dinner! But breakfast and lunch I get to control at school. I think it's easier this way to keep track of nutrients consumed.
  • MrsDrk
    MrsDrk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. When I log my intake, I can always "copy from yesterday" and make tiny tweaks - if I change the amount. I find routine comforting- I seek changes elsewhere =)
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I do. The more I have to think about food the more likely I am to eat inappropriate things.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much the same breakfast day after day because it fits my needs and I *adore* it. Lunch and dinner vary quite a bit though.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Breakfast most days during the summer is Kashi go lean and 1/2 a banana with skim milk. During the winter I often put steel cut oats in the crock pot over night with some dried fruit (that gets switched up). Occasionally I'll have eggs or pancakes.

Lunch varies. Sometimes we make a bunch of something to have all week but most weeks it's left overs from dinner.

Dinner is different everyday unless we have something happening that makes it easiest to have leftovers the next night.

Snacks vary, especially since we've gotten through the apples we picked.

Dessert is milk and a Kashi cookie most nights.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yup.