who eats the same foods every day?

Options

Replies

• jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast everyday. A bowl of Cheerios and a cup of tea. I like my sleep more than I like eggs and such, so I keep it simple and consistent.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    just curious.. because i eat the same things, day in, day out. some days, i'll change a small thing or two.. but for the most part, its the exact same! i just love to eat this way.. i have my macro's all figured out, and i know pretty much exactly how much my groceries will cost when i shop, which is always a bonus!

anyone else do this? ^_^

I do, I'm a creature of habit.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I do pretty much
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I guess i'm one of the few that don't eat the same thing everyday...but then again i'm a house wife so I have time to log as I go and make something for each meal.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Same here. I have my macros figured out and I like not having to figure out something new all the time. Every meal is not always the same, but I have a short list of foods that I eat on a daily basis.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same stuff. Dinner is the main thing that changes.

^^This
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    my grocery list is almost exact each week. I look at it this way, I eat healthy, get lots of low calorie dense foods and during my weight loss phase I want to keep it simple. Once I get to goal, I will tweak my diet and add some foods that I am not currently eating. But yes, I don't mind at all that my diet is almost identical day in and day out. It's what works for me.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's the same, other times it's different. Last week, I had a lot of potatoes cause 5 lb bags were on sale buy one get one free :laugh: this week, it's tuna for lunch cause it was on sale. If anything changes alot, it's dinner
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Me. :-(
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    We might have the same genre of foods in the week, but mostly I mix it up a lot!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I would go crazy if I ate the same thing all the time. I am always looking for new recipes.

The same here. I need to change things around and keep meals within my macros. I can't feed my husband always the same thing. Too boring!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    The majority of my breakfast's are iced coffee and some fruit from one of my backyard trees. Lunch is usually a salad with very little differences from day to day.

Dinner is where things get changed up for me.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Usually the same thing M-F for work hours as I bring all my food and prep on Sunday evenings. Dinners change up depending on what protein I have thawing and what is available. Weekends I try to make a "special" breakfast if I have time and dont' have to be at the dog show too early - usually protein pancakes or a bake of some kind.
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    the same thing during the week, but i switch it up on the weekends
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 12-week program. The first phase of the program I eat the same things at the same time every day. My macros are all figured out and I really enjoy the food.

Next phase (2-3 weeks) I'll have something a bit different.

I love the food, I like that I don't have to rethink about my macros until the next phase. I was getting so tired of my husband asking me, "What's for dinner". Well, I have my plan pinned on the fridge, so he knows what I'm having - if he doesn't want it he is free to have something different! :D
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    THIS IS SO ME!!! I do alternate items, but overall it's just easier to stick with the basic program.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think that when we figure out the whole "healthy" balance thing, it's easier to run your body on the good stuff that gets the job done. How can you go wrong with the best food that makes your body run well. Take a look at your MOST USED foods for breakfast, snacks, mid-day and evening... there are probably about 40-50 "items" you return to almost every day, or couple of days -- sounds perfect to me!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Yep. I pretty much do. It's all planned to fit my macros and it works for me. When I go out (usually about once a week) I order the healthiest thing on the menu (usually meat with steamed vegetables) but for the most part it's the same old same old.
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I drive my boyfriend crazy by eating the exact same breakfast every day.... cheerios, banana, and none fat milk. i enjoy it, it fills me up, and its healthy so i see no reason other then on the weekend with friends to change, and then i usually feel sick afterwards from the richness. lunch i do about 2 weeks of the same thing then switch to my next phase but dinner always changes.

i think it is healthy for your body to have the same foods other then changing up the fruits and veggies... bodies like routine
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to many of the same things, since they are easy and my health is variable: work days organic greek yogurt and organic flax seeds, coffee, and I make these things that I call 'hobo stew' with whatever vegetarian proteins and vegetables are available and on sale, so it's different every time, but the same for the few week days that I eat it for dinner. Smart puffs and organic chocolate seem to happen every evening, though, so that is one constant that I tend to like! Honestly, if I didn't keep track of what I ate, I would worry more about the range and nutrients, but i take a bunch of specific supplements that were recommended by doctors because of having gotten electrocuted in the past and having certain kinds of damage--