who eats the same foods every day?

Options

Replies

• Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My breakfast & snacks are typically the same. I switch it up sometimes but a banana & low carb/sugar yogurt is a given.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    YES, I eat the same things most of the time, and only treat myself to new things once in a while. Just easier for me.....
  • MzKameka
    MzKameka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is SO me. I make my lunches 2 weeks in advance and freeze them, tuna & rice (I cook my tuna) everyday but if I eat something different then my day is totally off, weird right? But I've been doing this for the last 5 years or so and I feel much better knowing what I'm eating daily. The only change is the spice which does tend to make a big difference in taste.

Meal 1 is a protein shake
    Meal 2 is organic PB & toast (sometimes oats instead)
    Meal 3 is tuna & rice
    Meal 4 is a fruit or veggies of some sort
    Meal 5 is always different
    Meal 6 is always different
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can never eat the exact same thing day in-day out. I switch it up all the time.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I can have Market Day Chicken Steaks for dinner every day, love them!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    just curious.. because i eat the same things, day in, day out. some days, i'll change a small thing or two.. but for the most part, its the exact same! i just love to eat this way.. i have my macro's all figured out, and i know pretty much exactly how much my groceries will cost when i shop, which is always a bonus!

anyone else do this? ^_^

I am pretty consistent. I find what I like, what makes me feel good, what keeps me in my calorie budget, and it works, but funny how you sort of go in cycles with some things.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking I'll eat nearly the same thing every day. I make an egg white frittata out of whatever veg are left over on sunday nights, and have a slice of that with kashi oatmeal every morning. For snack, it's always vanilla chobani and a piece of fruit. Lunch is almost always mashed sweet potatoes, baby spinach, vinegar and oiil, and whatever meat was left over from last night's dinner. Afternoon snack is hummus and crackers or veg. Dinner is grilled meat and steamed veg. Evening snack is triscuits, peanut butter, and sriracha sauce.

Same thing, day in, day out with very little variation. If I have to think or wing it, I inevitably end up making a bad choice, so I prefer to just pack bfast, lunch, and 2 snacks for work, and not have to think about what I eat.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I would say this is how I am as well. Sometimes it changes when I find new things I like, or if I stop liking something (or dealing with allergies), or if I want to add something (such as more iron). Right now I'm on vacation, so it's different and yet I still find myself going to the same places for the same kinds of things. Easy grocery shopping is great. And meeting my protein is great. And I just like what I like for the taste and how it makes me feel (physically and probably also psychologically knowing that I get good nutrition), also easy preparation is a factor as well.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm a picky eater and have stomach issues, so I pretty much eat the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch (suppers are different daily, but pretty much the same from week to week).
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize til I tracked on another site a few years ago how much I did eat the same foods but I probably have 10-15 standard sets foods day-in and day out. I realize I am pretty uncomplicated in that respect. I am not super picky but I have some things that bother my stomach and I need to avoid too many carbs AND I can almost not live without peanut butter. If I ever heard there was a shortage, I'd be out buying as much as I could!!
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Omg, I'm the exact same way as you! I love simplicity, and I plan my meals to be things that satisfy my macros, my calorie goal, and my tastebuds! I only change things around if I get sick of it (which happens every now and then) or if I find something that could better replace it.

The only meal that changes daily & I have pretty much no control over is dinner. I'm in college & on a meal plan so I have to eat dinner at the cafeteria which I really hate, because some days they have some healthy options, but most days it's just fattening crap. And sometimes its tempting but most times I just look away and make do with beans, greens, & hard boiled eggs from the salad bar if there's nothing healthy available that day.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize til I tracked on another site a few years ago how much I did eat the same foods but I probably have 10-15 standard sets foods day-in and day out. I realize I am pretty uncomplicated in that respect. I am not super picky but I have some things that bother my stomach and I need to avoid too many carbs AND I can almost not live without peanut butter. If I ever heard there was a shortage, I'd be out buying as much as I could!!

I feel the same way about peanut butter. When the zombie apocalypse comes, I won't be scavenging weapons, I'm going to make sure to scavenge up an 18-wheeler full of peanut putter.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I stay very consistent. It makes logging and keeping track of it easier, but it can be a little boring sometimes.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I feel the same way about peanut butter. When the zombie apocalypse comes, I won't be scavenging weapons, I'm going to make sure to scavenge up an 18-wheeler full of peanut putter.

This year's crop of peanuts was seriously affected by the drought. There are 28 jars of peanut butter in my pantry downstairs. For real. It went on sale and stayed there for a couple of weeks and we stocked the hell up.

Peanut butter is serious business.
  • amberlilies
    amberlilies Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are pretty routine. During the crazy work day, I don't have time to think about food.

But I need dinner to be flavorful and interesting to stay on track.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I basically eat the same things. Pretty boring and I'll try to mix it up and buy something new every now and then. The only good thing is I know how much it'll cost and what my calories will look like since it's usually the same.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Lunch and at least one snack per day are always the same just because it's easy. Dinner changes and if I have more than one snack it's usually different as well.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the same thing every DAY but I do have a set plan of foods that I eat and those are the foods I eat. I try to mix it up though so I have a different dinner every day.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Me! My nutritionist says that I'm going to turn in to an avocado, but I don't really care :)

I guess that it's probably healthier to mix it up more than I do, I just enjoy what I eat (lots of veggies and lean protein). I guess there's a balance in there somewhere!
  • aphid
    aphid Posts: 47
    Options
    i end up having to the eat the same thing for a few days in a row, because if i open a packet of something it would go off otherwise. but i vary as much as i get bored.